|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Parable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The mother's fear for her child is that _______________________________________.
(a) The child will be struck by an automobile
(b) The child will become lost
(c) The child will be kidnapped by strangers
(d) The child will fall down and she will not hear her cry
2. When Ying-Ying got dirty with turtle blood, Amah was afraid Ying-Ying's mother would _______________________________.
(a) Send them to Shang Hai
(b) Split them up
(c) Banish them both to Kunming
(d) Banish them from the village
3. The child of this Chinese mother proves to be ______________________________.
(a) Happy to stay where t is safe
(b) Slightly slow
(c) Strong willed and disrespectful
(d) Happy and rambunctious
4. The mother's superstitions may have been confirmed when ___________________________.
(a) The child fell from the bike
(b) The child made it around the corner
(c) The two argued about the dangers
(d) The child's bike was broken
5. The symbolic burning of the Five Evils was actually ___________________________.
(a) A box with Five Evils inside
(b) A box containing insects
(c) A green coil of burning incense
(d) A cooling ritual
Short Answer Questions
1. Tyan-Yu was _____________________________.
2. Ying Ying was disappointed to find out the Moon Lady in the play _________________________________.
3. Popo says a girl who refused to listen to her elders ___________________________.
4. How did Ying-Ying's rescuers determine she was not a beggar?
5. An-Mei lives in the house owned by ___________________________.
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)