|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Lena St. Clair, "Rice Husband".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ted is frustrated with Lena because ___________________________.
(a) She cannot make a decision
(b) She wants to control the relationship
(c) She does not like his mother
(d) She is still attached to her family
2. "Popo" is An-Mei's ________________________.
(a) Best friend
(c) Maternal grandmother
3. An-Mei's mother shows up ___________________________.
(a) To help her mother in her illness
(b) To reconcile with her children
(c) To retrieve An-Mei and her brother
(d) To challenge An-Mei's aunt
4. The vase that breaks in the bedroom symbolizes _____________________________.
(a) Lena's mother's prophecy
(b) The separation of two halves
(c) Lena and Harold's marriage
(d) Harold's insensitivity
5. An-Mei's brother lost his happiness when _______________________________________-.
(a) His grandmother punished him for laughing
(b) His grandmother began to die
(c) His father watched him from a painting
(d) His abusive aunt told him about his mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Popo says a girl who refused to listen to her elders ___________________________.
2. Ying Ying was disappointed to find out the Moon Lady in the play _________________________________.
3. The clothes Ying-Ying wears for the Moon Festival are ________________________.
4. Ying-Ying feels that both she and her grown daughter are ______________.
5. Waverly's mother says Waverly's success can be attributed to _______________.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)