|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Lena St. Clair, "Rice Husband".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Waverly's anger toward her mother is because ________________________.
(a) She favors her sons
(b) She pushes her to play chess
(c) She is embarrassed
(d) She is too strict
2. Rose is afraid to tell her mother about her divorce because _______________________________________.
(a) She knows her mother will disown her
(b) She knows her mother will want her to fix the marriage
(c) Her mother warned her not to get married
(d) She does not want to confuse her
3. Lena is certain her mother is able to _________________________.
(a) Read tea leaves
(b) See the future
(c) See all the bad things around her
(d) Figure things out
4. Rose's mother admitted to God that _______________________.
(a) Their was an ancestral debt
(b) She had sacred powers
(c) They had been careless
(d) Rose had not taught Bing manners
5. In Chinese culture, respect for one's ancestors is called ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rose had to care for her brothers to learn ________________________.
2. Auntie had a tongue "like hungry scissors _________________________.
3. Rose realizes that fate is shaped half by expectation, and _________________________.
4. Popo says a girl who refused to listen to her elders ___________________________.
5. As national chess champion, Waverly is touted as __________________________.
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)