|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Lena St. Clair, "Rice Husband".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An-Mei's mother is considered a "ghost" because _________________________________.
(a) She has deserted her children
(b) She has had too many children
(c) She had children out of wedlock
(d) She is only a fourth wife
2. How was Ying-Ying rescued from the water?
(a) She was pulled ashore by brigands
(b) She swam to a fishing boat
(c) A snake held her above water
(d) Fishermen pulled her up in their net
3. Ying-Ying's family is __________________.
(a) A fishing family
(c) A poor family of servants
(d) A boat family
4. Rose's mother admitted to God that _______________________.
(a) Rose had not taught Bing manners
(b) Their was an ancestral debt
(c) They had been careless
(d) She had sacred powers
5. An-Mei's brother lost his happiness when _______________________________________-.
(a) His grandmother punished him for laughing
(b) His father watched him from a painting
(c) His grandmother began to die
(d) His abusive aunt told him about his mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Amah is Ying-Ying's ___________.
2. Rose was surprised that her mother had ___________________________.
3. The vase that breaks in the bedroom symbolizes _____________________________.
4. In Chinese culture, respect for one's ancestors is called ___________.
5. In addition to strategy, Waverly learns the finer points of ___________________________.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)