|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Lena St. Clair, "Rice Husband".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Amah is Ying-Ying's ___________.
2. Ying Ying was disappointed to find out the Moon Lady in the play _________________________________.
(a) Could not grant wishes
(b) Was only an actress
(c) Was a figment of her imagination
(d) Was actually a man
3. Ted is frustrated with Lena because ___________________________.
(a) She cannot make a decision
(b) She wants to control the relationship
(c) She does not like his mother
(d) She is still attached to her family
4. Waverly's mother pretending to understand chess is ____________________________.
(a) Endearing to Waverly
(b) Her way of appearing bright to the neighbors
(c) Her way of bonding with her daughter
(d) Annoying to Waverly
5. An-Mei's mother left her behind in order to _____________________________________________.
(a) Save An-Mei from her own humiliated station in life
(b) Have her raised by a woman who was more stable
(c) Save her from her new husband's disregard
(d) Let her have a life with her younger brother
Short Answer Questions
1. Rose's mother admitted to God that _______________________.
2. In Chinese culture, respect for one's ancestors is called ___________.
3. The symbolic burning of the Five Evils was actually ___________________________.
4. How did Ying-Ying end up in the water?
5. The Hsu family had four sons and ______________________.
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)