|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Lena St. Clair, "Rice Husband".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An-Mei lives in the house owned by ___________________________.
(a) Her grandfather
(b) Her mother's husband
(c) Her grandmother
(d) Her uncle and aunt
2. An-Mei's mother left her behind in order to _____________________________________________.
(a) Save her from her new husband's disregard
(b) Let her have a life with her younger brother
(c) Have her raised by a woman who was more stable
(d) Save An-Mei from her own humiliated station in life
3. An-Mei's brother lost his happiness when _______________________________________-.
(a) His abusive aunt told him about his mother
(b) His grandmother punished him for laughing
(c) His grandmother began to die
(d) His father watched him from a painting
4. Rose's mother recorded Bing's death _______________________.
(a) With an erasable pencil
(b) With disappearing ink
(c) With a flowery inscription
(d) By hiding the Bible
5. Amah is Ying-Ying's ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Auntie had a tongue "like hungry scissors _________________________.
2. The Hsu family went to beach so that Rose's father could __________________________.
3. Rose had to care for her brothers to learn ________________________.
4. The event that clouds An-Mei's early memory of her mother was _________________________________________________.
5. Why did Lena feel she caused Arnold's death?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)