|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Lena St. Clair, "Rice Husband".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Waverly's mother uses Waverly __________________________.
(a) To preserve her Chinese customs
(b) As a second income stream
(c) As a source of pride
(d) To help with housework
2. The only father An-Mei knows is ___________________.
(a) Her mother's husband
(b) Popo's husband
(c) Her uncle
(d) The one in a large portrait
3. In Chinese culture, respect for one's ancestors is called ___________.
4. Waverly Jong learned the finer points of chess from ___________________.
(a) Ping Yuen
(b) Hong Sing
(c) Winston Jong
(d) Lau Po
5. Rose had to care for her brothers to learn ________________________.
(a) Water safety
(b) Yiding, or responsibility
(c) Fishing techniques
(d) Parenting skills
Short Answer Questions
1. The symbolic burning of the Five Evils was actually ___________________________.
2. Auntie had a tongue "like hungry scissors _________________________.
3. An-Mei's brother lost his happiness when _______________________________________-.
4. Rose's mother admitted to God that _______________________.
5. Rose's mother recorded Bing's death _______________________.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)