|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Lena St. Clair, "Rice Husband".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The event that clouds An-Mei's early memory of her mother was _________________________________________________.
(a) Her aunt slapped her face
(b) She becomes convinced her that her mother was dead
(c) She was severely burned as her mother was leaving
(d) She fell as she ran toward her mother
2. Auntie had a tongue "like hungry scissors _________________________.
(a) tearing at the heart."
(b) eating silk cloth."
(c) cutting a colorless winter melon."
(d) cutting my confidence."
3. How was Ying-Ying rescued from the water?
(a) Fishermen pulled her up in their net
(b) A snake held her above water
(c) She was pulled ashore by brigands
(d) She swam to a fishing boat
4. An-Mei Hsu uses her Bible as ___________________________________.
(a) A stabilizer under the leg of her table
(b) A family history
(c) An excuse for all of her bad experiences
(d) A crutch to try to be right about everything
5. The only father An-Mei knows is ___________________.
(a) The one in a large portrait
(b) Her uncle
(c) Popo's husband
(d) Her mother's husband
Short Answer Questions
1. Waverly replaces the missing chess pieces with _____________________.
2. What was Ying-Ying feeling at the end of the Moon Lady play?
3. Rose's mother recorded Bing's death _______________________.
4. An-Mei's mother left her behind in order to _____________________________________________.
5. Ted is frustrated with Lena because ___________________________.
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)