|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Lena St. Clair, "Rice Husband".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to strategy, Waverly learns the finer points of ___________________________.
(a) Being humble around men
(b) Chess etiquette
(c) Choosing presents wisely
(d) Choosing her adversaries
2. Waverly replaces the missing chess pieces with _____________________.
(a) Ones she makes from dough
(c) Her brother's submarine figures
(d) Stones from the alley
3. Rose had to care for her brothers to learn ________________________.
(a) Fishing techniques
(b) Yiding, or responsibility
(c) Parenting skills
(d) Water safety
4. How did Ying-Ying end up in the water?
(a) She was frightened by firecrackers
(b) The Moon Lady drew her in
(c) The little boys pushed her
(d) She tried to grab a swimming snake
5. The symbolic burning of the Five Evils was actually ___________________________.
(a) A cooling ritual
(b) A box with Five Evils inside
(c) A green coil of burning incense
(d) A box containing insects
Short Answer Questions
1. An-Mei Hsu grew up with ___________________________________.
2. An-Mei's brother lost his happiness when _______________________________________-.
3. A Chinese Santa Claus asked Waverly ______________________________________.
4. What was Ying-Ying's unspoken wish?
5. Rose realizes that fate is shaped half by expectation, and _________________________.
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)