|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Lena St. Clair, "Rice Husband".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As national chess champion, Waverly is touted as __________________________.
(a) Bobby Fischer's best friend
(b) The funeral parlor's mascot
(c) A poor child from Chinatown
(d) The Great American Hope
2. Waverly's mother wanted Vincent's chess set _________________________.
(a) To have the missing pieces restored
(b) To be returned to its owner
(c) To be replaced with a new one
(d) To be thrown away
3. An-Mei's mother left her behind in order to _____________________________________________.
(a) Save An-Mei from her own humiliated station in life
(b) Have her raised by a woman who was more stable
(c) Save her from her new husband's disregard
(d) Let her have a life with her younger brother
4. In Chinese culture, respect for one's ancestors is called ___________.
5. Why did Lena hate Arnold so much?
(a) He frightened her
(b) He was cruel to her
(c) He wanted to be her husband
(d) He was the cause of her eating problem
Short Answer Questions
1. Waverly's anger toward her mother is because ________________________.
2. Auntie had a tongue "like hungry scissors _________________________.
3. Amah is Ying-Ying's ___________.
4. The symbolic burning of the Five Evils was actually ___________________________.
5. Rose's mother admitted to God that _______________________.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)