|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Lena St. Clair, "Rice Husband".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ying-Ying's unspoken wish?
(a) To be found
(b) To be trusted
(c) To not be afraid
(d) To become old
2. An-Mei Hsu uses her Bible as ___________________________________.
(a) A stabilizer under the leg of her table
(b) A family history
(c) An excuse for all of her bad experiences
(d) A crutch to try to be right about everything
3. Rose's mother admitted to God that _______________________.
(a) Rose had not taught Bing manners
(b) They had been careless
(c) Their was an ancestral debt
(d) She had sacred powers
4. How was Ying-Ying rescued from the water?
(a) She swam to a fishing boat
(b) She was pulled ashore by brigands
(c) Fishermen pulled her up in their net
(d) A snake held her above water
5. When Ying-Ying got dirty with turtle blood, Amah was afraid Ying-Ying's mother would _______________________________.
(a) Banish them both to Kunming
(b) Banish them from the village
(c) Send them to Shang Hai
(d) Split them up
Short Answer Questions
1. Rose had to care for her brothers to learn ________________________.
2. Rose was surprised that her mother had ___________________________.
3. Ted is frustrated with Lena because ___________________________.
4. The event that clouds An-Mei's early memory of her mother was _________________________________________________.
5. Rose is afraid to tell her mother about her divorce because _______________________________________.
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)