|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Lena St. Clair, "Rice Husband".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Popo says a girl who refused to listen to her elders ___________________________.
(a) Turned into an overrripe squash
(b) Grew a large white melon in her stomach
(c) Shook her brains out of her ear
(d) Eventually poisoned herself
2. Lena is certain her mother is able to _________________________.
(a) Read tea leaves
(b) See all the bad things around her
(c) Figure things out
(d) See the future
3. How did Ying-Ying's rescuers determine she was not a beggar?
(a) She had on embroidered clothing
(b) She was pale with soft feet
(c) Her manners were polished
(d) She did not speak but could only cry
4. Auntie had a tongue "like hungry scissors _________________________.
(a) cutting my confidence."
(b) eating silk cloth."
(c) cutting a colorless winter melon."
(d) tearing at the heart."
5. Waverly replaces the missing chess pieces with _____________________.
(b) Ones she makes from dough
(c) Stones from the alley
(d) Her brother's submarine figures
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to strategy, Waverly learns the finer points of ___________________________.
2. Rose was surprised that her mother had ___________________________.
3. In her final attempt to find Bing, Rose's mother ___________________________________.
4. Why did Lena hate Arnold so much?
5. Why did Lena feel she caused Arnold's death?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)