|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Lena St. Clair, "Rice Husband".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rose's mother admitted to God that _______________________.
(a) She had sacred powers
(b) Their was an ancestral debt
(c) Rose had not taught Bing manners
(d) They had been careless
2. Rose is afraid to tell her mother about her divorce because _______________________________________.
(a) She does not want to confuse her
(b) She knows her mother will disown her
(c) She knows her mother will want her to fix the marriage
(d) Her mother warned her not to get married
3. Rose's mother, in exchange for Bing, gave to the ocean _____________________.
(a) Her teacup
(b) A bamboo pole
(c) A sapphire ring
(d) Her bible
4. How did Lena's eating problem manifest itself?
(a) Her mother's sack lunches made her sick
(b) Her hatred consumed her
(c) She became anorexic
(d) Her skin broke out like leprosy
5. As national chess champion, Waverly is touted as __________________________.
(a) The Great American Hope
(b) The funeral parlor's mascot
(c) Bobby Fischer's best friend
(d) A poor child from Chinatown
Short Answer Questions
1. Waverly's mother wanted Vincent's chess set _________________________.
2. Rose was surprised that her mother had ___________________________.
3. How did Ying-Ying end up in the water?
4. The Hsu family went to beach so that Rose's father could __________________________.
5. How was Ying-Ying rescued from the water?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)