|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Jing-Mei Woo, "Best Quality".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jing-mei, tired of being pushed by her mother, develops _______________________.
(a) A rebellious spirit
(b) A loud voice
(c) Her talent as a pianist
(d) Her relationship with Waverly
2. How did Ying-Ying end up in the water?
(a) She was frightened by firecrackers
(b) She tried to grab a swimming snake
(c) The little boys pushed her
(d) The Moon Lady drew her in
3. The symbolic burning of the Five Evils was actually ___________________________.
(a) A green coil of burning incense
(b) A box with Five Evils inside
(c) A cooling ritual
(d) A box containing insects
4. Suyuan Woo compares Waverly to a crab, saying she _________________________________________.
(a) She is missing something, like the crab's leg
(b) Her claws are sharp but slow, like the crab
(c) She is without feelings, like the crab
(d) Is always moving sideways and crooked
5. What young Jing-Mei senses is that she will soon _________________________.
(a) Become perfect
(b) Be discovered
(c) Be a rock star
(d) Become invisible
Short Answer Questions
1. What frightens Jing-mei the most is that _______________________________.
2. Waverly chooses the best crab on the platter for _______________________.
3. When Ying-Ying got dirty with turtle blood, Amah was afraid Ying-Ying's mother would _______________________________.
4. How did Jing-mei justify her defiance of her mother?
5. Ying-Ying's family is __________________.
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)