|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Jing-Mei Woo, "Best Quality".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The symbolic burning of the Five Evils was actually ___________________________.
(a) A box containing insects
(b) A box with Five Evils inside
(c) A green coil of burning incense
(d) A cooling ritual
2. Ying-Ying feels that both she and her grown daughter are ______________.
3. How did Jing-mei justify her defiance of her mother?
(a) They are in America, not China
(b) She knows her mother is wrong
(c) Her mother had left her babies
(d) Obedience does not make talent
4. Jing-mei's mother ______________________________.
(a) Had the piano tuned
(b) Got rid of the piano music
(c) Sold the piano
(d) Gave the piano back to Jing-Mei
5. Jing-mei's piano recital was ___________________.
(b) A triumph
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Ying-Ying rescued from the water?
2. Jing-mei shocked the anger out of her mother by _______________________________________.
3. Amah is Ying-Ying's ___________.
4. The clothes Ying-Ying wears for the Moon Festival are ________________________.
5. Which kind of daughter did Jing-mei's mother want?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)