|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Jing-Mei Woo, "Best Quality".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ying-Ying feels that both she and her grown daughter are ______________.
2. What frightens Jing-mei the most is that _______________________________.
(a) She had no talent
(b) Her mother gave up hope
(c) She felt failure was inevitable
(d) She did not believe in herself
3. Ying Ying was disappointed to find out the Moon Lady in the play _________________________________.
(a) Was actually a man
(b) Could not grant wishes
(c) Was a figment of her imagination
(d) Was only an actress
4. The clothes Ying-Ying wears for the Moon Festival are ________________________.
(a) Five Evil clothes
(b) Festival clothes
(c) Ritual clothes
(d) Tiger clothes
5. When she was bored, Jing-mei ________________________________.
(a) Watched her mother jump up to adjust the television
(b) Read the Bible
(c) Looked at herself in the mirro
(d) Counted the foghorn bellows on the bay
Short Answer Questions
1. Waverly chooses the best crab on the platter for _______________________.
2. Jing-mei's piano teacher is ________________________.
3. Amah is Ying-Ying's ___________.
4. The symbolic burning of the Five Evils was actually ___________________________.
5. Which kind of daughter did Jing-mei's mother want?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)