|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Jing-Mei Woo, "Best Quality".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jing-mei's job is that of a _____________________.
(b) Tax attorney
2. How was Ying-Ying rescued from the water?
(a) A snake held her above water
(b) She swam to a fishing boat
(c) She was pulled ashore by brigands
(d) Fishermen pulled her up in their net
3. What was Ying-Ying's unspoken wish?
(a) To be trusted
(b) To not be afraid
(c) To become old
(d) To be found
4. Suyuan Woo compares Waverly to a crab, saying she _________________________________________.
(a) She is without feelings, like the crab
(b) Is always moving sideways and crooked
(c) She is missing something, like the crab's leg
(d) Her claws are sharp but slow, like the crab
5. Ying-Ying's family is __________________.
(a) A boat family
(b) A fishing family
(d) A poor family of servants
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ying-Ying end up in the water?
2. Jing-mei's mother ______________________________.
3. Ying Ying was disappointed to find out the Moon Lady in the play _________________________________.
4. The symbolic burning of the Five Evils was actually ___________________________.
5. What young Jing-Mei senses is that she will soon _________________________.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)