|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Jing-Mei Woo, "Best Quality".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jing-mei's mother ______________________________.
(a) Got rid of the piano music
(b) Had the piano tuned
(c) Sold the piano
(d) Gave the piano back to Jing-Mei
2. Jing-mei shocked the anger out of her mother by _______________________________________.
(a) Making reference to the dead twins
(b) Telling her she wished she were not her mother
(c) Telling her she was no genius
(d) Refusing to practice on the piano
3. How did Ying-Ying's rescuers determine she was not a beggar?
(a) She had on embroidered clothing
(b) She was pale with soft feet
(c) She did not speak but could only cry
(d) Her manners were polished
4. Suyuan Woo feels that by wearing the jade pendant, Jing-mei will _____________________________.
(a) Have stronger self-esteem
(b) Be a good daughter
(c) Understand her life's importance
(d) Find a good relationship
5. What was Ying-Ying feeling at the end of the Moon Lady play?
(a) Despair for the Moon Lady's grief
(b) Fear over the enormity of the drama
(c) Guilt for becoming lost from her family
(d) Hungry for the peach Moon Lady ate
Short Answer Questions
1. Jing-mei's piano teacher is ________________________.
2. How did Jing-mei justify her defiance of her mother?
3. What was Ying-Ying's unspoken wish?
4. What young Jing-Mei senses is that she will soon _________________________.
5. What did Jing Mei guess was the capital of Finland?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)