|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Jing-Mei Woo, "Best Quality".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ying-Ying got dirty with turtle blood, Amah was afraid Ying-Ying's mother would _______________________________.
(a) Send them to Shang Hai
(b) Banish them both to Kunming
(c) Split them up
(d) Banish them from the village
2. Waverly chooses the best crab on the platter for _______________________.
(a) Her daugher, Shoshanna
(b) Her fiance, Rich
(c) June Woo
3. Ying Ying was disappointed to find out the Moon Lady in the play _________________________________.
(a) Was only an actress
(b) Was a figment of her imagination
(c) Could not grant wishes
(d) Was actually a man
4. When she was bored, Jing-mei ________________________________.
(a) Watched her mother jump up to adjust the television
(b) Read the Bible
(c) Counted the foghorn bellows on the bay
(d) Looked at herself in the mirro
5. How was Ying-Ying rescued from the water?
(a) She swam to a fishing boat
(b) She was pulled ashore by brigands
(c) Fishermen pulled her up in their net
(d) A snake held her above water
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ying-Ying feeling at the end of the Moon Lady play?
2. How did Ying-Ying's rescuers determine she was not a beggar?
3. Ying-Ying's family is __________________.
4. How did Ying-Ying end up in the water?
5. How did Jing-mei justify her defiance of her mother?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)