|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Jing-Mei Woo, "Best Quality".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jing Mei guess was the capital of Finland?
(d) New York
2. Which kind of daughter did Jing-mei's mother want?
(d) Free spirited
3. Amah is Ying-Ying's ___________.
4. Jing-mei shocked the anger out of her mother by _______________________________________.
(a) Telling her she was no genius
(b) Refusing to practice on the piano
(c) Telling her she wished she were not her mother
(d) Making reference to the dead twins
5. The symbolic burning of the Five Evils was actually ___________________________.
(a) A box with Five Evils inside
(b) A green coil of burning incense
(c) A cooling ritual
(d) A box containing insects
Short Answer Questions
1. Jing Mei is afraid that if she does not find the prodigy in herself she will _________________________-.
2. How did Ying-Ying end up in the water?
3. How was Ying-Ying rescued from the water?
4. Jing-mei's mother ______________________________.
5. What does the jade pendant symbolize?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)