|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Jing-Mei Woo, "Best Quality".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What frightens Jing-mei the most is that _______________________________.
(a) She had no talent
(b) She did not believe in herself
(c) Her mother gave up hope
(d) She felt failure was inevitable
2. Jing Mei is afraid that if she does not find the prodigy in herself she will _________________________-.
(a) Not learn to play chess
(b) Not be able to compete with her cousin
(c) Always be nothing
(d) Not quite measure up
3. Waverly has an ignorant fear of Jing-mei's hairdresser _______________________________.
(a) Because she fears for her daughter
(b) Because he is reckless
(c) Because he is gay
(d) Because he works on Howard Street
4. Jing-mei's piano teacher is ________________________.
(a) Very attentive
(b) Deaf, like Beethoven
(d) Well known
5. Jing-mei, tired of being pushed by her mother, develops _______________________.
(a) A loud voice
(b) Her talent as a pianist
(c) Her relationship with Waverly
(d) A rebellious spirit
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ying-Ying got dirty with turtle blood, Amah was afraid Ying-Ying's mother would _______________________________.
2. The symbolic burning of the Five Evils was actually ___________________________.
3. Waverly chooses the best crab on the platter for _______________________.
4. What was Ying-Ying's unspoken wish?
5. How did Jing-mei justify her defiance of her mother?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)