|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Jing-Mei Woo, "Best Quality".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What young Jing-Mei senses is that she will soon _________________________.
(a) Become invisible
(b) Be a rock star
(c) Be discovered
(d) Become perfect
2. How did Jing-mei justify her defiance of her mother?
(a) Her mother had left her babies
(b) She knows her mother is wrong
(c) Obedience does not make talent
(d) They are in America, not China
3. Ying Ying was disappointed to find out the Moon Lady in the play _________________________________.
(a) Was actually a man
(b) Was only an actress
(c) Was a figment of her imagination
(d) Could not grant wishes
4. Suyuan Woo compares Waverly to a crab, saying she _________________________________________.
(a) She is missing something, like the crab's leg
(b) Her claws are sharp but slow, like the crab
(c) She is without feelings, like the crab
(d) Is always moving sideways and crooked
5. How did Ying-Ying end up in the water?
(a) She tried to grab a swimming snake
(b) The little boys pushed her
(c) She was frightened by firecrackers
(d) The Moon Lady drew her in
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ying-Ying's rescuers determine she was not a beggar?
2. Jing-mei shocked the anger out of her mother by _______________________________________.
3. When she was bored, Jing-mei ________________________________.
4. What did Jing Mei guess was the capital of Finland?
5. Ying-Ying feels that both she and her grown daughter are ______________.
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)