|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Jing-Mei Woo, "Best Quality".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Suyuan Woo compares Waverly to a crab, saying she _________________________________________.
(a) Her claws are sharp but slow, like the crab
(b) She is missing something, like the crab's leg
(c) Is always moving sideways and crooked
(d) She is without feelings, like the crab
2. Jing-mei's piano teacher is ________________________.
(b) Deaf, like Beethoven
(c) Well known
(d) Very attentive
3. The clothes Ying-Ying wears for the Moon Festival are ________________________.
(a) Tiger clothes
(b) Festival clothes
(c) Ritual clothes
(d) Five Evil clothes
4. Jing-mei shocked the anger out of her mother by _______________________________________.
(a) Refusing to practice on the piano
(b) Telling her she was no genius
(c) Telling her she wished she were not her mother
(d) Making reference to the dead twins
5. Jing Mei is afraid that if she does not find the prodigy in herself she will _________________________-.
(a) Not be able to compete with her cousin
(b) Always be nothing
(c) Not quite measure up
(d) Not learn to play chess
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ying-Ying's rescuers determine she was not a beggar?
2. How did Jing-mei justify her defiance of her mother?
3. Ying-Ying feels that both she and her grown daughter are ______________.
4. What did Jing Mei guess was the capital of Finland?
5. Amah is Ying-Ying's ___________.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)