|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Jing-Mei Woo, "Best Quality".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ying-Ying's family is __________________.
(a) A fishing family
(c) A poor family of servants
(d) A boat family
2. What frightens Jing-mei the most is that _______________________________.
(a) She did not believe in herself
(b) Her mother gave up hope
(c) She had no talent
(d) She felt failure was inevitable
3. How did Jing-mei justify her defiance of her mother?
(a) They are in America, not China
(b) Her mother had left her babies
(c) Obedience does not make talent
(d) She knows her mother is wrong
4. Ying-Ying feels that both she and her grown daughter are ______________.
5. Jing-mei's job is that of a _____________________.
(b) Tax attorney
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ying-Ying end up in the water?
2. Jing-mei, tired of being pushed by her mother, develops _______________________.
3. Jing Mei is afraid that if she does not find the prodigy in herself she will _________________________-.
4. Jing-mei's mother ______________________________.
5. What does the jade pendant symbolize?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)