|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Jing-Mei Woo, "Best Quality".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Amah is Ying-Ying's ___________.
2. Suyuan Woo compares Waverly to a crab, saying she _________________________________________.
(a) She is missing something, like the crab's leg
(b) Her claws are sharp but slow, like the crab
(c) Is always moving sideways and crooked
(d) She is without feelings, like the crab
3. When she was bored, Jing-mei ________________________________.
(a) Read the Bible
(b) Counted the foghorn bellows on the bay
(c) Looked at herself in the mirro
(d) Watched her mother jump up to adjust the television
4. Which kind of daughter did Jing-mei's mother want?
(a) Free spirited
5. How did Jing-mei justify her defiance of her mother?
(a) Her mother had left her babies
(b) Obedience does not make talent
(c) They are in America, not China
(d) She knows her mother is wrong
Short Answer Questions
1. Ying-Ying feels that both she and her grown daughter are ______________.
2. Jing-mei's piano recital was ___________________.
3. Jing-mei shocked the anger out of her mother by _______________________________________.
4. What was Ying-Ying feeling at the end of the Moon Lady play?
5. What did Jing Mei guess was the capital of Finland?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)