|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Jing-Mei Woo, "Best Quality".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jing Mei is afraid that if she does not find the prodigy in herself she will _________________________-.
(a) Not quite measure up
(b) Not be able to compete with her cousin
(c) Always be nothing
(d) Not learn to play chess
2. Suyuan Woo compares Waverly to a crab, saying she _________________________________________.
(a) She is missing something, like the crab's leg
(b) Is always moving sideways and crooked
(c) She is without feelings, like the crab
(d) Her claws are sharp but slow, like the crab
3. When Ying-Ying got dirty with turtle blood, Amah was afraid Ying-Ying's mother would _______________________________.
(a) Banish them from the village
(b) Banish them both to Kunming
(c) Send them to Shang Hai
(d) Split them up
4. What was Ying-Ying's unspoken wish?
(a) To become old
(b) To be trusted
(c) To be found
(d) To not be afraid
5. Jing-mei's piano teacher is ________________________.
(a) Very attentive
(c) Deaf, like Beethoven
(d) Well known
Short Answer Questions
1. Jing-mei's mother ______________________________.
2. What does the jade pendant symbolize?
3. What frightens Jing-mei the most is that _______________________________.
4. How did Ying-Ying end up in the water?
5. Amah is Ying-Ying's ___________.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)