|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Jing-Mei Woo, "Best Quality".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jing-mei justify her defiance of her mother?
(a) They are in America, not China
(b) Her mother had left her babies
(c) She knows her mother is wrong
(d) Obedience does not make talent
2. How was Ying-Ying rescued from the water?
(a) She was pulled ashore by brigands
(b) A snake held her above water
(c) Fishermen pulled her up in their net
(d) She swam to a fishing boat
3. How did Ying-Ying's rescuers determine she was not a beggar?
(a) Her manners were polished
(b) She did not speak but could only cry
(c) She was pale with soft feet
(d) She had on embroidered clothing
4. What does the jade pendant symbolize?
(a) We do not know
(b) Three pears
5. Jing-mei's piano teacher is ________________________.
(a) Well known
(b) Deaf, like Beethoven
(c) Very attentive
Short Answer Questions
1. Jing-mei shocked the anger out of her mother by _______________________________________.
2. Which kind of daughter did Jing-mei's mother want?
3. What was Ying-Ying feeling at the end of the Moon Lady play?
4. The clothes Ying-Ying wears for the Moon Festival are ________________________.
5. Jing-mei's mother ______________________________.
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)