|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mayflies and Fireflies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the reactions of other insects compare to others in history regarding this feat?
(a) Many people throughout history could walk on water.
(b) Jesus' disciples were also shocked that Jesus could walk on water.
(c) Only certain types of people can walk on water.
(d) People are jealous of those who can walk on water.
2. What does the water strider feel when its students cannot perform its special skill?
3. In this poem, the viewer is ________________ the grasshoppers.
(a) Observing the actions of.
(c) One of.
4. "Fireflies" tells of the _________ of a firefly.
5. It is interesting to see from the mayfly's perspective regarding what?
(a) The way they swim.
(b) The length of the mayfly's life.
(c) The way they raise their young.
(d) The type of food they eat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the vocabulary in "Grasshoppers" do for the readers?
2. What is significant about the answer to number 38?
3. Do the poet's descriptive words and vivid imagery effectively describe the distinct light of the firefly?
4. How do the mayflies see their youth?
5. Are the water striders able to successfully teach others to walk on water?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)