|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mayflies and Fireflies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the mayfly feel nostalgia?
(a) For its friends.
(b) For its family.
(c) For its youth.
(d) It does not feel nostalgic.
2. The mayfly's birth and death take place when?
(a) In the same day.
(b) One year apart.
(c) At the beginning and end of one week.
(d) In different places.
3. How are people like the mayfly?
(a) Most people lazily drift through life.
(b) Most people rush through life, frantically trying to fit in as much as possible.
(c) Most people do not think about the consequences of their actions.
(d) Most people do not think about others as they speed through life.
4. After the results of the water strider's attempts to teach others to walk on water, why might the water striders want to continue "teaching" others to walk on water?
(a) They have nothing better to do.
(b) They do not want to give up on their desire to teach others to walk on water.
(c) They think it is funny to see others fall in the water.
(d) They want to make others fall in the water.
5. Like the mayfly, people often have feelings of nostalgia towards what?
(a) Their friends.
(b) Their families.
(c) People do not feel nostalgic.
(d) Their youth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joyful Noise is a book of ____________.
2. When do the speakers say this, in regards to the answer to number 14?
3. This speaking imitates ___________.
4. _______________ are used to help people to better understand the insect world around them.
5. How do the letters that are the answer to number 54 have emphasis placed on them?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)