|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Water Boatmen and The Digger Wasp.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the water striders react to the consequences of trying to teach others to walk on water?
2. This speaking imitates ___________.
(a) The movements of one grasshopper.
(b) The movements of the grasshoppers.
(c) The movements of the young grasshoppers.
(d) The movements of the old grasshoppers.
3. What is some of the vocabulary used by the poet to describe the grasshoppers?
(a) Hurdlers, racers, gymnasts, slow-moving.
(b) Acrobats, circlers, twirlers, flippers.
(c) Bounders, leapers, springers, soarers, bounders, leapers, springers, soarers.
(d) Sliders, runners, sprinters. spinners.
4. What aspects of humanity can be learned from the book lice poem?
(a) Why book lice eat books.
(b) How compromise is needed in relationships.
(c) How love affects lice.
(d) How to meet others.
5. What kind of poem is "Moth's Serenade?"
(a) A Haiku.
(b) An educational poem.
(c) A factual poem.
(d) A love poem.
Short Answer Questions
1. This book is made to be read by ___________ people simultaneously.
2. How is personification used in "Book Lice?"
3. How do the letters that are the answer to number 54 have emphasis placed on them?
4. Are the water striders able to successfully teach others to walk on water?
5. Whom do the water striders try to teach to walk on water?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)