|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Annie feel like a failure as a mother?
(a) Having to use formula.
(b) Not being able to diaper her baby well.
(c) Staying in the hospital.
(d) Almost having a c-section.
2. What book does Annie buy and read in Chapter 18?
(a) Atlas Shrugged.
(b) War and Peace.
(d) Wuthering Heights.
3. What can Carl do while working at the rare book room?
(b) Find books for Annie.
(d) Write his own book.
4. Who is Jello?
(a) An old neighbor.
(b) A rumored ghost.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
5. What does Annie's play writing professor announce during their last class?
(a) That he needs to hire an assistant.
(b) That he is offering a second part to the course.
(c) That one of her plays will be published.
(d) That he is retiring.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Annie feel when she watches Carl play with Les?
2. Where does Annie visit Mr. Byrd in Chapter 20?
3. Where does Annie decide to deliver her baby?
4. During Annie's first gynecological exam, what does Annie insist Carl do?
5. Why does Annie believe she is having a girl?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 19, what does Carl do at the high school?
2. Why does Annie decide to deliver her baby at the university hospital?
3. How does the dean help Carl in Chapter 24?
4. What happens to Annie when she goes to the hospital to deliver her baby?
5. What happens when Annie visits Mr. Byrd in Chapter 20?
6. What does Carl do after his son is born?
7. How does Annie feel during the last day of her play writing class?
8. What are Carl's plans for the summer of Annie's pregnancy?
9. How does Carl feel about his job at the lamp factory?
10. How does Annie convince Carl not to be jealous in Chapter 20?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)