|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Carl debate having more children with Annie?
(a) The financial strain.
(b) The possibility that they will move around a lot.
(c) The work.
(d) The trama it put Annie through.
2. How does Annie want to spend the five dollars Carl earns in Chapter 20?
(a) On new clothes.
(b) On food.
(c) On a baby carriage.
(d) On going out to eat.
3. How does Carl feel about his time after the birth of Carlton?
(a) That it's too full.
(b) That it's going too fast.
(c) That it's slowing down.
(d) That it's worth more.
4. What does Annie do when she runs out of money for food?
(a) Pawns her jewelry.
(b) Cashes out her bank account.
(c) Asks her mother for money.
(d) Finds a second job.
5. How does Annie feel when Carl sells back his textbooks in Chapter 18?
(b) She doesn't care.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aggie warn Annie against forming a friendship with Goldie?
2. What does Mr. Byrd say he is doing when he meets with Annie in Chapter 20?
3. How does Annie's mother respond when Annie asks for support during the pregnancy?
4. What does Carl do after being denied work at the lamp factory?
5. Who helps Carl get a job at the rare book room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Annie buys a carriage?
2. Who do Carl and Annie first tell about Carlton's birth?
3. How does Annie feel about using formula to feed Carlton?
4. In Chapter 19, what does Carl do at the high school?
5. How does Annie feel during the last day of her play writing class?
6. How does the coach help advise Carl on buying a carriage?
7. What do Carl and Annie do when money for food runs out?
8. What happens when Carl oversleeps in Chapter 19?
9. What happens when Annie visits Mr. Byrd in Chapter 20?
10. How does Carl feel about the name Carlton for his son?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)