|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carl worry about happening to Jello?
(a) That he'll get sick.
(b) That he'll dislike the baby.
(c) That he'll bite Annie.
(d) That he'll run away.
2. How does Carl feel about the baby's name?
(a) He loves the name.
(b) He doesn't care either way.
(c) He says he want to pick the middle name.
(d) He's a little upset.
3. How many medical interns assist the doctor during Annie's labor?
4. What does Annie do after delivering her baby?
(a) Ask to leave.
(b) Fall asleep.
(c) Ask Carl to make sure it isn't a girl.
(d) Write about it.
5. Who helps Carl get a job at the rare book room?
(a) Carl does it himself.
(b) The dean.
(c) The grocer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Annie think Carl is so moody in Lopin?
2. Where does Annie decide to deliver her baby?
3. Who does Annie write a long letter to after Carlton is born?
4. Why doesn't Annie take classes during the summer?
5. Who does Carl see about taking out a student loan?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 19, what does Carl do at the high school?
2. What does Carl do after his son is born?
3. Who do Carl and Annie first tell about Carlton's birth?
4. How does Carl feel about the name Carlton for his son?
5. Why does Carl see the dean in Chapter 13?
6. What happens when Carl applies for work at a lamp factory?
7. What happens to Annie when she goes to the hospital to deliver her baby?
8. How does Carl feel about his job at the lamp factory?
9. In Chapter 18, why do books anger Carl?
10. In Chapter 14, what does Aggie tell Annie about Goldie?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)