|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Annie visit Mr. Byrd in Chapter 20?
(a) A local restaurant.
(b) New York City.
(c) In Lodin.
(d) The university town.
2. What book does Annie buy and read in Chapter 18?
(a) War and Peace.
(c) Atlas Shrugged.
(d) Wuthering Heights.
3. Why does Annie think Carl is so moody in Lopin?
(a) His lost job.
(b) Her keeping the pregnancy a secret.
(c) His class schedule.
(d) His lack of male friends.
4. What can Carl do while working at the rare book room?
(b) Find books for Annie.
(c) Write his own book.
5. In Chapter 19, why does Carl paint the bleachers?
(a) To earn money.
(b) To impress the coach.
(c) To impress the principal.
(d) Because he owes the work to the principal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie confess to Carl in Chapter 23?
2. In Chapter 15, why does Annie say she feels superior to other female students?
3. Who does Carl discuss making large purchases with in Chapter 21?
4. How does Annie describe her summer in Chapter 16?
5. How does Carl feel about the baby's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Annie buys a carriage?
2. How does Annie feel about using formula to feed Carlton?
3. How does Annie feel during the last day of her play writing class?
4. In Chapter 18, why do books anger Carl?
5. How does Annie convince Carl not to be jealous in Chapter 20?
6. What happens during Annie's first gynecological exam?
7. How does the dean help Carl in Chapter 24?
8. What happens when Annie visits Mr. Byrd in Chapter 20?
9. In Chapter 19, what does Carl do at the high school?
10. Why does Carl see the dean in Chapter 13?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)