|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many plays does Annie write by the end of the play writing class she audits?
2. Who does Annie say she misses when she is alone in Chapter 2?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her brothers.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her mother.
3. How does Annie feel the first time she visits the library?
(a) She wishes she could own books.
(b) She wishes Carl could help her find what she needs.
(c) She wishes she was going to college.
(d) She wishes she was back in Brooklyn.
4. Where do Carl and Annie plan on being married?
(a) A clerk's office.
(b) A church.
(c) On the beach.
(d) Town hall.
5. What is the first thing Carl wants to know when Annie says she has found work?
(a) How many hours she will work.
(b) How much she will be earning.
(c) When the job starts.
(d) How to spell her boss's name.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what does Annie notice most about the townspeople?
2. When Annie eavesdrops on the class in Chapter 7, what are they discussing?
3. Why does Annie show a baptism certificate when she is married?
4. How does Professor Newcall describe Annie when he first meets her?
5. Who does Annie say she must buy a present for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens the first time Carl takes Annie to the cafeteria where he works?
2. What does Annie do when she hears the literature class in Chapter 7?
3. How does Annie feel after meeting Carl's Japanese friend?
4. What does Annie hear Bev and her male friend talk about that makes Annie quit her job?
5. In Chapter 3, what interaction does Annie have with Mr. Byrd?
6. What happens when Carl tells tells Annie he plans on taking time off of school in Chapter 4?
7. How does Carl feel about the first decorations Annie brings into their room?
8. What jobs does Annie find in Chapter 8?
9. What happens at Ms. Hansom's on Carl and Annie's wedding night?
10. What does Annie worry about after quitting Bev's?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)