|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Annie try to help Carl relieve the pressure from his mother in Chapter 5?
(a) She says she'll get a job.
(b) She says she will leave.
(c) She says they can move.
(d) She says she will change.
2. In Chapter 6, what money does Carl's mother demand from him?
(a) The money for his tuition.
(b) The money from his savings.
(c) The money for his food.
(d) The money for his rent.
3. What does Annie do the first afternoon Carl goes to classes?
(a) She reads.
(b) She cooks.
(c) She sleeps.
(d) She walks around campus.
4. Who does Annie say she misses when she is alone in Chapter 2?
(a) Her brothers.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her mother.
5. What does Carl bring home for Annie after work in Chapter 2?
(c) A ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carl's mother insist he do with his watch in Chapter 6?
2. What does Annie tell Mr. Byrd to do after he tells her the story about the berries?
3. Why does Carl give credit to Annie at the end of his semester while living in Lopin?
4. How does Carl respond to Annie's fears about going to jail?
5. What does Carl's mother threaten to do if he marries Annie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Annie do when she fears she is pregnant?
2. What does Annie realize when her bank account gets down to twenty-eight dollars?
3. What do Carl and Annie do their first Christmas day together?
4. How do Carl and Annie plan on dealing with their financial situation after they are married?
5. What happens at Ms. Hansom's on Carl and Annie's wedding night?
6. How do Carl and Annie celebrate their marriage?
7. Why do Carl and Annie's mothers believe they are married?
8. What does Carl say is scandalous about Bev Karter?
9. What happens when Carl tells tells Annie he plans on taking time off of school in Chapter 4?
10. Why can't Carl focus on studying in Chapter 3?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)