|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 19, what does Annie do with the cigarette she finds?
(a) Smokes it.
(b) Asks Carl why it is there.
(c) Throws it out.
(d) Gives it to Carl as a gift.
2. Who gives Carl food in Chapter 17?
(a) A restaurant owner.
(b) The grocer.
(c) A farmer.
(d) The dean.
3. Why does Aggie warn Annie against forming a friendship with Goldie?
(a) She lies.
(b) She lives with her boyfriend.
(c) She disappears sometimes.
(d) She steals.
4. How does Annie feel when Jello follows the fraternity boys?
5. Where does Annie visit Mr. Byrd in Chapter 20?
(a) The university town.
(b) New York City.
(c) A local restaurant.
(d) In Lodin.
6. Where does Annie decide to deliver her baby?
(a) At the university hospital.
(b) At a private hospital.
(c) At a midwife center.
(d) At home.
7. What does Annie do after delivering her baby?
(a) Ask Carl to make sure it isn't a girl.
(b) Ask to leave.
(c) Write about it.
(d) Fall asleep.
8. Who is Jello?
(a) A rumored ghost.
(b) An old neighbor.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
9. What does Annie's play writing professor announce during their last class?
(a) That he needs to hire an assistant.
(b) That he is offering a second part to the course.
(c) That he is retiring.
(d) That one of her plays will be published.
10. In Chapter 23, how long has it been since Annie delivered the baby?
(b) Annie can't tell.
11. What does Carl decide is most important about buying with credit?
(a) Only buying small items.
(b) Making payments on time.
(c) Using all the available credit.
(d) Getting a good interest rate.
12. Who does Carl befriend in Lopin?
(a) The high school math teacher.
(b) The mailman.
(c) The new coach.
(d) The principal.
13. When Annie is in labor, how much time does Carl have to visit her?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) Twenty minutes.
(c) Five minutes.
(d) Fifteen minutes.
14. Why does Annie believe she is having a girl?
(a) Because the neighbor predicted it.
(b) Because of the way her stomach has grown.
(c) Because the baby moves gracefully.
(d) Because she doesn't feel strong enough to have a boy.
15. What does Jello do the night after he follows the fraternity boys?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Is adopted by a new family.
(c) Becomes a mascot.
(d) Comes home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Annie offer to babysit for Goldie?
2. How does Carl feel about his time after the birth of Carlton?
3. What does Carl worry about happening to Jello?
4. What does Annie do when she runs out of money for food?
5. Why does Carl borrow Annie's alarm clock?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)