|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Professor Newcall describe Annie when he first meets her?
(a) As a fool.
(b) As a monster.
(c) As a shy girl.
(d) As a ghost.
2. Why does Annie show a baptism certificate when she is married?
(a) To prove she is an adult.
(b) To prove she is a Christian.
(c) To prove she lives in the state.
(d) It's the only identification she has.
3. What does Carl say when Annie suggests she quit her class to work at the dime store full time?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He tells her not to.
(c) He says it's the best idea.
(d) He says the job isn't a guarantee.
4. What do Carl and Annie do before opening their presents their first Christmas together?
(a) Call their families.
(b) Read their Christmas cards.
(c) Have coffee.
(d) Light the Christmas tree.
5. In Chapter 2, how does Mr. Felix insult Annie?
(a) He makes a comment about her fertility.
(b) He mocks the way she talks.
(c) He teases her about her clothes.
(d) He ignores her.
6. How long does it take before Annie believes she is friends with the grocer?
(a) Over a month.
(b) The first day.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) A few days.
7. Why does Annie write at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) To make a list of things to do.
(b) To leave a note for Carl.
(c) To get her feelings out.
(d) To resign from her job.
8. In Chapter 6, what money does Carl's mother demand from him?
(a) The money for his tuition.
(b) The money for his rent.
(c) The money from his savings.
(d) The money for his food.
9. What does Annie buy Carl for Christmas in Chapter 10?
(a) A set of textbooks.
(b) A note.
(c) She gives him his pawned watch.
(d) An agenda book.
10. In Chapter 2, why does Carl say his schedule is hectic?
(a) He works full time and takes classes.
(b) He volunteers and works full time.
(c) He takes too many classes.
(d) He works several jobs and goes to school.
11. What does Carl do before leaving for classes for the first time since getting married?
(a) Leave a grocery list.
(b) Stop to change his financial aid.
(c) Kiss Annie.
(d) Write Annie a note.
12. What does Annie buy when she gets her money from the bank with interest?
(a) She saves the money.
13. After Annie leaves the room in Chapter 4, why can't Carl study?
(a) He starts to read her writing.
(b) He's worried about Annie's safety.
(c) He's too tired.
(d) He wants to leave with Annie.
14. What does Annie think about during her marriage ceremony?
(a) Her future.
(b) Her fiance.
(c) Her childhood.
(d) Her education.
15. Where do Carl and Annie plan to first live after being married?
(a) A cottage.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A boarding house.
(d) A dorm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie do when she sees what the female students wear?
2. How does Annie feel the first time she is called "Mrs. Brown" by a friend?
3. Where do many of the people in Lopin work?
4. How long is Carl employed in Lopin in Chapter 11?
5. Why does Annie hide the alarm clock she buys?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)