|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Annie quit working for Bev?
(a) She isn't paid enough money.
(b) She doesn't like Bev's son.
(c) She is afraid.
(d) She is morally offended.
2. What does Annie learn to make while living in Lopin?
3. Where does Aggie work in Lopin?
(a) The high school.
(b) The clothing store.
(c) The dry goods store.
(d) The gas station.
4. Why does Annie show a baptism certificate when she is married?
(a) To prove she is a Christian.
(b) To prove she is an adult.
(c) To prove she lives in the state.
(d) It's the only identification she has.
5. Why does Carl not want Annie to transfer her savings from Brooklyn?
(a) He doesn't care what she does with her savings.
(b) He doesn't want her to waste it shopping.
(c) He doesn't want her using it on household expenses.
(d) He wants to do the transfer himself.
6. In Chapter 8, what does Annie say can't be the reason for Bev's illicit behaviors.
7. What is wrong with Carl and Annie's room at Ms. Hansom's?
(a) It's too expensive.
(b) It isn't empty.
(c) It's too small.
(d) It smells.
8. In Chapter 6, what does Annie make a list of?
(a) People she has met in town.
(b) Clothes she wants to by.
(c) Things she needs for the house.
(d) Classes she wants to take.
9. Who does Annie say she misses when she is alone in Chapter 2?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her brothers.
10. How does Carl respond to his mother's threat in Chapter 5?
(a) With a phone call.
(b) With a letter.
(c) He ignores her threat.
(d) With a visit.
11. How does Annie feel the first time she visits the library?
(a) She wishes she was going to college.
(b) She wishes she could own books.
(c) She wishes she was back in Brooklyn.
(d) She wishes Carl could help her find what she needs.
12. Why does Annie discuss her pregnancy with Goldie?
(a) Because Goldie is nice.
(b) Because Goldie can keep a secret.
(c) Because Goldie is pregnant.
(d) Because Goldie is wise.
13. What does Carl remember the dean telling him before he got married?
(a) That it is nice to be loved.
(b) That it was a mistake.
(c) That it would be stressful.
(d) That it would help him succeed.
14. Who does Annie say she must buy a present for?
(a) Her brothers.
(d) Her mother.
15. How does Annie describe working at the dime store?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She feels like a child.
(c) She likes meeting the customers.
(d) She gets bored.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, how does Carl say he feels about his mother's response to his marriage?
2. In Chapter 2, why does Carl say his schedule is hectic?
3. Why does Annie almost visit the florist in Chapter 10?
4. While Carl studies after his first day of classes, what does Annie try to do?
5. What do Carl and Annie discuss during dinner the day they are married?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)