|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carl's mother insist he do with his watch in Chapter 6?
(a) Return it.
(b) Sell it.
(c) Give it to his brother.
(d) Pay her back for it.
2. While Carl studies after his first day of classes, what does Annie try to do?
(a) Write a book.
(b) Write a poem.
(c) Write a song.
(d) Write a play.
3. What is the first thing Carl wants to know when Annie says she has found work?
(a) How many hours she will work.
(b) When the job starts.
(c) How much she will be earning.
(d) How to spell her boss's name.
4. What does Carl sell in order to take Annie out to dinner the day they are married?
(a) Football tickets.
(b) A radio.
(c) His watch.
5. What does Carl say about Bev Karter when Annie says she will be working for her?
(a) That she isn't good looking.
(b) That she is a very nice woman.
(c) That he's heard something bad about her.
(d) That she's known for being cheap.
6. What does Annie watch the squirrel do outside the grocery store in Chapter 7?
(a) Eat a bag of nuts.
(b) Run back and forth.
(d) Climb a tree.
7. How long does Carl decide to take off of school in Chapter 4?
(a) One semester.
(b) One year.
(c) Three semesters.
(d) Two years.
8. Why does Carl not want Annie to transfer her savings from Brooklyn?
(a) He doesn't want her to waste it shopping.
(b) He doesn't want her using it on household expenses.
(c) He doesn't care what she does with her savings.
(d) He wants to do the transfer himself.
9. How long does it take before Annie believes she is friends with the grocer?
(a) A few weeks.
(b) Over a month.
(c) The first day.
(d) A few days.
10. How many plays does Annie write by the end of the play writing class she audits?
11. How does Annie tell her mother she is married?
(a) A phone call.
(b) A postcard.
(c) A telegram.
(d) A letter.
12. Where do Carl and Annie plan to first live after being married?
(a) A dorm.
(b) A cottage.
(c) An apartment.
(d) A boarding house.
13. How does Carl's mother contact him about the marriage in Chapter 5?
(a) With a visit.
(b) With a telegram.
(c) With a phone call.
(d) With a letter.
14. Where does Carl take Annie after they are married?
(a) To his college campus.
(b) To New York City.
(c) To a park.
(d) To the beach.
15. Why does Annie write at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) To make a list of things to do.
(b) To resign from her job.
(c) To get her feelings out.
(d) To leave a note for Carl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie buy when she gets her money from the bank with interest?
2. How often to the university students visit Lopin?
3. How long does Annie watch Carl work in Chapter 2?
4. Where do many of the people in Lopin work?
5. What does Annie call Henry in Chapter 7?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)