|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Annie write at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) To leave a note for Carl.
(b) To make a list of things to do.
(c) To get her feelings out.
(d) To resign from her job.
2. Why does Annie almost visit the florist in Chapter 10?
(a) To send flowers to her mother.
(b) To say hello to the florist.
(c) To find something for Carl.
(d) To buy decorations.
3. How does Annie describe the girl Ruth who she used to know?
(a) A girl gone bad.
(b) A girl who was tricked.
(c) A girl who was robbed.
(d) A girl quieted.
4. What does Annie watch the squirrel do outside the grocery store in Chapter 7?
(a) Run back and forth.
(b) Eat a bag of nuts.
(d) Climb a tree.
5. Who is Jello?
(a) A rumored ghost.
(b) An old neighbor.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Carl and Annie discuss during dinner the day they are married?
2. What does Carl say when Annie suggests she quit her class to work at the dime store full time?
3. What makes Carl not want to apply for a job at the lamp factory?
4. Who does Annie say she must buy a present for?
5. Why does the grocer not want Annie to chase the squirrel away?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)