|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annie think about during her marriage ceremony?
(a) Her education.
(b) Her childhood.
(c) Her fiance.
(d) Her future.
2. Who does Annie say she misses when she is alone in Chapter 2?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her brothers.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her mother.
3. What is wrong with Carl and Annie's room at Ms. Hansom's?
(a) It's too small.
(b) It isn't empty.
(c) It's too expensive.
(d) It smells.
4. Why does Carl start smoking a pipe?
(a) To please Annie.
(b) To save money.
(c) To relieve stress.
(d) To look older.
5. How long is Carl employed in Lopin in Chapter 11?
(a) Until summer.
(b) Until spring.
(c) Until fall.
(d) One full year.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, how does Annie get a bruise?
2. How does Carl react to Annie's pregnancy?
3. After Annie leaves the room in Chapter 4, why can't Carl study?
4. How does Professor Newcall describe Annie when he first meets her?
5. What does Annie do when she goes to buy an alarm clock?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)