|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Carl tell his parents he is married?
(a) A phone call.
(b) A telegram.
(c) A letter.
(d) A postcard.
2. What does Annie watch the squirrel do outside the grocery store in Chapter 7?
(b) Run back and forth.
(c) Eat a bag of nuts.
(d) Climb a tree.
3. Why does Carl's mother believe Carl married Annie?
(a) Because he wanted to make his mother mad.
(b) Because he wants her money.
(c) Because she is pregant.
(d) Because she tricked him.
4. What is the first thing Carl wants to know when Annie says she has found work?
(a) How many hours she will work.
(b) How to spell her boss's name.
(c) How much she will be earning.
(d) When the job starts.
5. What does Carl's mother threaten to do if he marries Annie?
(a) Report him to the dean.
(b) Disown him.
(c) Take back the deposit on his apartment.
(d) Cut him off financially.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Carl grow up?
2. In Chapter 3, what does Annie notice most about the townspeople?
3. In Chapter 5, how does Carl say he feels about his mother's response to his marriage?
4. How does Annie check out books from the library the first time she visits?
5. What does Annie do the first afternoon Carl goes to classes?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)