|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 20, how does Carl say he feels about Mr. Byrd?
2. How does Professor Newcall describe Annie when he first meets her?
(a) As a shy girl.
(b) As a ghost.
(c) As a monster.
(d) As a fool.
3. What happens to Carl when he misses a check at the factory in Chapter 19?
(a) The manager warns him.
(b) He is cut back to part time.
(c) He is asked to leave.
(d) His pay is docked.
4. In Chapter 19, what does Annie do with the cigarette she finds?
(a) Throws it out.
(b) Asks Carl why it is there.
(c) Smokes it.
(d) Gives it to Carl as a gift.
5. Why does Annie think Carl is so moody in Lopin?
(a) Her keeping the pregnancy a secret.
(b) His lack of male friends.
(c) His class schedule.
(d) His lost job.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Annie describe the girl Ruth who she used to know?
2. What does Carl say when Annie suggests she quit her class to work at the dime store full time?
3. In Chapter 13, what is dean's reaction to Annie's writing?
4. What does Annie do when she writes "full of beans" down in Chapter 8?
5. How does Annie feel when she watches Carl play with Les?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)