|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Carl see about taking out a student loan?
(a) His father.
(b) The dean.
(c) A banker.
(d) A financial aid officer.
2. When Annie meets the dean for the first time, who does she remind him of?
(a) A tease.
(b) A librarian.
(c) His mother.
(d) His daughter.
3. In Chapter 19, why does Carl paint the bleachers?
(a) To earn money.
(b) To impress the principal.
(c) To impress the coach.
(d) Because he owes the work to the principal.
4. What assignment does Annie rush home to do in Chapter 7?
(a) A 5 page journal entry.
(b) Reading an entire novel.
(c) A 200 word paper.
(d) Translating a book.
5. Why does Annie offer to babysit for Goldie?
(a) To prepare for the baby.
(b) To help her friend.
(c) To get a break from arguing with Carl.
(d) To earn money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much income does Carl earn a week shortly after he is married?
2. What does Carl say about Bev Karter when Annie says she will be working for her?
3. Where does Annie visit Mr. Byrd in Chapter 20?
4. In Chapter 20, how does Carl say he feels about Mr. Byrd?
5. What does Annie call Henry in Chapter 7?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)