|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annie say they can use as a bassinet for the baby?
(a) A basket.
(b) A dresser drawer.
(c) She just wants to use a crib.
(d) A carriage.
2. How much income does Carl earn a week shortly after he is married?
(a) Ten dollars.
(b) Twenty dollars.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) Fifteen dollars.
3. How does Annie describe "Crime and Punishment"?
(a) As the longest book she's read.
(b) As the best detective novel.
(c) As the worst plot line ever.
(d) As the most interesting translation.
4. What does Carl say about Bev Karter when Annie says she will be working for her?
(a) That she's known for being cheap.
(b) That she is a very nice woman.
(c) That he's heard something bad about her.
(d) That she isn't good looking.
5. Why does Aggie warn Annie against forming a friendship with Goldie?
(a) She lies.
(b) She steals.
(c) She disappears sometimes.
(d) She lives with her boyfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Annie's first gynecological exam, what does Annie insist Carl do?
2. How does Annie's mother respond when Annie asks for support during the pregnancy?
3. In Chapter 20, how does Carl say he feels about Mr. Byrd?
4. How does Annie feel when she watches Carl play with Les?
5. Who offers to drive Annie to the hospital when she is ready to deliver the baby?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)