• Carl and Annie get married at city hall.
• Money is tight for Carl and Annie, but Carl works several part time jobs.
• Annie becomes lonely having moved away from her family.
• Annie and Carl move into Ms. Hansom's boarding house.
• Carl returns to classes after the wedding.
• Annie spends her day shopping and reading.
• Carl can't study because of distractions in their room.
• Carl wants to take a year off school, but Annie won't let him.
• Carl's mother doesn't know Carl and Annie are married yet.
• Carl's mother threatens to cut Carl off financially if he marries Annie.
• Carl writes his mother about his marriage.
• Carl's mother demands he send back the money she spent on his semester and watch.
• Carl pawns his watch and sends his mother an IOU.
• Annie begins listening in on a literature class.
• Annie is...
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)