* Carl and Annie get married at city hall.
* Money is tight for Carl and Annie, but Carl works several part time jobs.
* Annie becomes lonely having moved away from her family.
* Annie and Carl move into Ms. Hansom's boarding house.
* Carl returns to classes after the wedding.
* Annie spends her day shopping and reading.
* Carl can't study because of distractions in their room.
* Carl wants to take a year off school, but Annie won't let him.
* Carl's mother doesn't know Carl and Annie are married yet.
* Carl's mother threatens to cut Carl off financially if he marries Annie.
* Carl writes his mother about his marriage.
* Carl's mother demands he send back the money she spent on his semester and watch.
* Carl pawns his watch and sends his mother an IOU.
* Annie begins listening in on a literature class.
* Annie is...
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)