|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yuki say she is too excited to do?
2. Which character suffers a severe collapse of heath in chapter eleven?
3. Who does Yuki receive a letter from?
4. Who does Yuki feel she now rarely sees?
5. Who does Yuki hear has recently died?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Yuki have to spend time in an unfamiliar in chapter twelve?
2. Describe the Sakanes' new accommodation.
3. What good news do the family receive in chapter 15?
4. How does the camp begin to get better in chapter thirteen?
5. Why is Yuki upset in chapter ten?
6. Summarize chapter 11.
7. Why does Ken fall into depression in chapter ten?
8. Describe Yuki's hospital visit in chapter twelve.
9. What does Yuka overhear the internees saying on their way to Utah?
10. What are the rules of the camp?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the arguments for and against putting the Japanese into camps in the 1940s? What is Uchida's opinion how the Japanese and how does she express them? Do you agree or disagree with Uchida?
Essay Topic 2
Choose two of the following people and outline their influence on Yuki's life.
1. Her father.
2. Her mother.
4. Mrs. Jamison.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Japanese and American culture.
1. What are the differences between the two cultures?
2. In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)