|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of chapter ten?
(a) Goodbye Tanoran.
(c) Hello Topaz.
(d) Moving Like Furniture.
2. What does Yuki notice about the water if it is left in the desert?
(a) It boils.
(b) The animals drink it.
(c) It freezes.
(d) It turns stagnant.
3. Who does Yuki try to visit on Christmas day?
(c) Mr. Sakane.
4. What is scarce on the camp?
5. What does Mr. Kurihara have a collection of?
(a) Indian arrowheads.
(d) Eagle eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Yuki say she finds the transport to Topaz?
2. Who becomes ill on the journey to Topaz?
3. What do the authorities issue to the adults once a month?
4. Where does Ken work?
5. Which character suffers a severe collapse of heath in chapter eleven?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize chapter sixteen.
2. Summarize chapter 11.
3. What does Yuki think of the camp at Topaz?
4. Why have so many people fallen ill?
5. How does Mr. Kurihara pass his time at the camp?
6. What bad news does Yuki hear about Emi in chapter twelve?
7. Describe the Sakanes' new accommodation.
8. Why does Yuki have to spend time in an unfamiliar in chapter twelve?
9. How does the camp begin to get better in chapter thirteen?
10. Summarize chapter twelve.
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)