|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do people feel queasy at the camp?
(a) The low altitude.
(b) The hot sun.
(c) The cold weather.
(d) The high altitude.
2. What form of communication does Mrs. Sakane receive from her husband?
(a) An sms.
(b) A letter.
(c) An email.
(d) A telegram.
3. What is the title of chapter thirteen?
(a) It That the Time.
(b) Never Again.
(c) Visitiing Hours.
(d) A Last Visit.
4. What does Yuki have to do by herself while Emi is sick?
(a) Cook meals.
(b) Write stories.
(c) Make new friends.
(d) Explore the camp.
5. What does Mr. Sankana say the weather was like in Montana?
Short Answer Questions
1. What special day do the internees celebrate with little enthusiasm?
2. Who has been imprisoned in Montana now for nine months?
3. How do the authorities eliminate most of the dust?
4. What does Yuki give Mr. Kurahara as a parting gift?
5. Why do camp internees have to be in their quarters by 6.30 a.m. and 6.30 p.m.?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Yuki's hospital visit in chapter twelve.
2. Summarize chapter twelve.
3. How does Ken's situation become better in chapter thirteen?
4. Summarize chapter 11.
5. Describe the Sakanes' new accommodation.
6. How does Yuki hear the government are moving the internees to Utah?
7. What does Yuki think of the camp at Topaz?
8. Why have so many people fallen ill?
9. Why does Ken fall into depression in chapter ten?
10. How does life at the camp start to become better for the Sakane family?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)