|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mr. Kurihara buried?
(a) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
2. Which character suffers a severe collapse of heath in chapter eleven?
(b) Mrs. Sakane.
3. What does Yuki try to buy to eat in this chapter?
(a) Coca cola.
4. Who does Yuki spend a lot of time visiting in chapter thirteen?
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Kurihara.
(d) Mr. Topa.
5. Who becomes ill on the journey to Topaz?
(c) Mrs. Sakane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of chapter ten?
2. What form of communication does Mrs. Sakane receive from her husband?
3. How do the authorities eliminate most of the dust?
4. What month do the internees say the authorities will move them?
5. What does Yuki give Mr. Kurahara as a parting gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Sakanes' new accommodation.
2. How does Yuki hear the government are moving the internees to Utah?
3. Why does Yuki have to spend time in an unfamiliar in chapter twelve?
4. Summarize chapter 11.
5. Describe Yuki's hospital visit in chapter twelve.
6. Why is Yuki upset in chapter ten?
7. Why have so many people fallen ill?
8. What did Mr. Sakane experience in Montana?
9. Why does Ken fall into depression in chapter ten?
10. What does Yuka overhear the internees saying on their way to Utah?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)