|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does each room have suspended from the ceiling?
(a) A light bulb.
(b) A hook.
(c) A Christmas tree.
(d) A torch.
2. Where does Yuk visit Emi?
(a) In hospital.
(b) In jail.
(c) In the warden's office.
(d) In confinement.
3. Where will Emi go to get treatment?
(a) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
4. What is scarce on the camp?
5. What does Yuki give Mr. Kurahara as a parting gift?
(a) A tomahawk.
(b) A fossil.
(c) An arrowhead.
(d) A bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Kurihara have a collection of?
2. What else other than fossils do the internees find in the desert?
3. Why can Yuki not see Emi?
4. What does Yuki bring as a gift for Emi?
5. What is blowing through the camp when Yuki returns to her room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Yuka overhear the internees saying on their way to Utah?
2. Why is Yuki upset in chapter ten?
3. Summarize chapter sixteen.
4. How does Yuki hear the government are moving the internees to Utah?
5. What good news do the family receive in chapter 15?
6. How does Mr. Kurihara pass his time at the camp?
7. What does Yuki think of the camp at Topaz?
8. How are the conditions at the camp continuing to improve in chapter fourteen?
9. Summarize chapter 11.
10. Why does Yuki have to spend time in an unfamiliar in chapter twelve?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)