|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes ill on the journey to Topaz?
(b) Mrs. Sakane.
2. Where does Ken work?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The cafe.
(c) The warden's office.
(d) The hospital.
3. What does Yuki give Mr. Kurahara as a parting gift?
(a) An arrowhead.
(b) A bible.
(c) A fossil.
(d) A tomahawk.
4. Where is Mr. Kurihara buried?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) New York.
5. What does Yuki have to do by herself while Emi is sick?
(a) Explore the camp.
(b) Write stories.
(c) Make new friends.
(d) Cook meals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ken decide not to attend college?
2. What special day do the internees celebrate with little enthusiasm?
3. Where will Emi go to get treatment?
4. What is the title of chapter fourteen?
5. Which family is positioned near the Sakane family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize chapter twelve.
2. Summarize chapter sixteen.
3. How does Ken's situation become better in chapter thirteen?
4. How does Mr. Kurihara die in chapter fourteen?
5. Describe the Sakanes' new accommodation.
6. Summarize chapter ten.
7. How does life at the camp start to become better for the Sakane family?
8. Describe Yuki's hospital visit in chapter twelve.
9. What does Yuki think of the camp at Topaz?
10. What good news do the family receive in chapter 15?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)