|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yuki have to do by herself while Emi is sick?
(a) Make new friends.
(b) Cook meals.
(c) Explore the camp.
(d) Write stories.
2. What form of communication does Mrs. Sakane receive from her husband?
(a) A letter.
(b) An sms.
(c) An email.
(d) A telegram.
3. What does Mrs. Sakane insist Yuki does?
(a) Comply with orders.
(b) Clean her room.
(d) Cook meals.
4. What is the title of chapter ten?
(b) Hello Topaz.
(c) Moving Like Furniture.
(d) Goodbye Tanoran.
5. Who does Yuki note is covered in dust?
(b) The wardens.
(c) Her mother.
(d) The boy scouts.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Mr. Sakane say he is traveling?
2. Who welcomes the internees to their new home?
3. Which of the following inspects the camp before everyone leaves?
4. What does Yuki envision when she hears the name Topaz?
5. Who does Yuki hear has recently died?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize chapter sixteen.
2. Summarize chapter 11.
3. Describe the Sakanes' new accommodation.
4. How does Mr. Kurihara pass his time at the camp?
5. Why does Ken fall into depression in chapter ten?
6. Why does Yuki have to spend time in an unfamiliar in chapter twelve?
7. What bad news does Yuki hear about Emi in chapter twelve?
8. Summarize chapter ten.
9. What does Yuki think of the camp at Topaz?
10. What does Yuka overhear the internees saying on their way to Utah?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)