|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yuki say she is too excited to do?
(a) Go to school.
(b) Eat with the Kuriharas.
(c) Read a book.
(d) Look at the arrow heads.
2. What form of transport do the authorities use to move the internees?
3. Which character decides to join the army?
(a) Mr. Sakane.
(d) Mr. Toda.
4. What is the title of the twelfth chapter?
(a) In Sickness and in Health.
(b) Cover Your Mouths.
(c) The Unknown.
(d) Dust Storm.
5. Why does a guard shoot Mr. Kurihara?
(a) He thinks he is trying to escape.
(b) He thinks he was going to pull out a gun.
(c) He thinks he insulted him.
(d) He thinks he is funny looking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Yuki receive a letter from?
2. What does Mr. Sankana say the weather was like in Montana?
3. What does Yuki give Mr. Kurahara as a parting gift?
4. What does Yuki bring as a gift for Emi?
5. What is the title of chapter eleven?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Yuki think of the camp at Topaz?
2. How does Mr. Kurihara pass his time at the camp?
3. Why have so many people fallen ill?
4. How does the camp begin to get better in chapter thirteen?
5. Why does Ken decide not to accept a place at university?
6. How does Yuki hear the government are moving the internees to Utah?
7. How are the conditions at the camp continuing to improve in chapter fourteen?
8. How does Ken's situation become better in chapter thirteen?
9. Summarize chapter thirteen.
10. Why does Ken fall into depression in chapter ten?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)