|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Sakanes' neighbor drive them to?
(a) The Civil Control Station.
(b) The train station.
(c) The airport.
(d) The Army Barracks.
2. Which of the people who rang the Sakanes' doorbell remains at the house?
(a) The police officer.
(b) The CIA agent.
(c) The FBI agent.
(d) The Secret Service agent.
3. What kind of celebration do they hold in the internment camp?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A birthday.
(c) A birth.
(d) A Christening.
4. What is the title of chapter nine?
(a) A New Rumor.
(b) A Funny Rumor.
(c) An Old Rumor.
(d) A Dirty Rumor.
5. Who does Mr. Toda's friend think will win the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Jamison give Yuki for Christmas?
2. What city in California does Yuki live in?
3. Which of her father's flowers does Yuki sit among as she waits for her father to return?
4. What do the Sakanes' non Japanese friends express?
5. What does Mrs. Sakane read everyday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Yuki's brother Ken.
2. How do the Sakanes' friends react to Mr. Sakane's arrest?
3. What do the Sakane family do while waiting for Mr. Sakane to arrive home?
4. Describe the Sakanes' new living space.
5. How does Yuki show her love for America in chapter seven?
6. What news is the catalyst for destroying the Sakane family's life?
7. What new role does Ken assume in chapter four?
8. How do the government prepare for the evacuation?
9. What is a Nisei Japanese American?
10. How does Ken's friend Jim help the Sakane family in chapter six?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)