|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city in California does Yuki live in?
(b) Orange County.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) Los Angeles.
2. Who is Ken meeting in the waiting room?
(a) His school teacher.
(b) His half brother.
(c) Friends from university.
(d) His girlfriend.
3. What does the Sakane family have to sell?
(a) Their book collections.
(b) Their sword collections.
(c) Their furniture.
(d) Their paintings.
4. Who does Yuk say spoils the party?
(b) Mrs. Sakane.
5. What is Mr. Toda doing with his friend?
(b) Watching girls.
(d) Playing a game.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of his father's possessions does Ken sell?
2. What is Tanforan surrounded by?
3. From where has Ken come back home?
4. Where does Mr. Sakane have to accompany the police?
5. What is the name of Yuki who comes to visit her at the camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the government prepare for the evacuation?
2. How does the Sakanes' non-Japanese neighbour help the family in chapter five?
3. How does Yuki show her love for America in chapter seven?
4. What bad news do the Sakanes hear at the end of chapter three?
5. Why does Yuki's mother annoy her at the beginning of chapter five?
6. What does the FBI officer tell people who phone the Sakane house?
7. Describe the Kurihara family.
8. Describe the camp at Tanforan.
9. What do the Sakane family do while waiting for Mr. Sakane to arrive home?
10. Describe Yuki's brother Ken.
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)