|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have the horse troughs been converted into?
2. What does a boy at school call Yuki?
(a) A pathetic Jap.
(b) An ugly Jap.
(c) A slutty Jap.
(d) A dirty Jap.
3. Which of Yuki's pets waits with her in the garden?
(a) Old Salt and the gray carp.
(b) Old Salt and Pepper.
(c) Jack Frost and Pepper.
(d) Pepper and the gray carp.
4. What is the name of family 13452?
5. What kind of fish does Yuki watch swimming around the yard pond?
(a) A gold fish.
(b) A carp.
(c) A cod.
(d) A salmon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people in the camp wear around their nose and mouth?
2. What is the title of chapter nine?
3. What does the postcard say Mr. Sakane needs?
4. What does Yuki wish her mother did with the treats?
5. What month are the Sakane family taken to the Civil Control Station?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize chapter five.
2. Describe Yuki's brother Ken.
3. How do the Sakanes meet the Kurihara family?
4. What does Yuki state as her like and dislikes in the opening chapter?
5. What is a Nisei Japanese American?
6. How does Ken's friend Jim help the Sakane family in chapter six?
7. How do the Sakane family prepare for the evacuation?
8. What does Mrs. Sakane do with the food she receives from the Jamisons?
9. What news is the catalyst for destroying the Sakane family's life?
10. How do the government prepare for the evacuation?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)