|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yuki wish her mother did with the treats?
(a) Saved them for the family.
(b) Swapped them for something better.
(c) Thrown them away.
(d) Given them back to the Jamisons.
2. What kind of Japanese family are the Kurihara family?
(b) New age.
(d) American Japanese.
3. What does the FBI agent tell people who ring the house?
(a) The Sakanes are dead.
(b) The Sakanes are unavailable.
(c) The Sakanes are moving away.
(d) The Sakanes are enemies.
4. Where are the Japanese housed when there are no apartments left?
(a) The toilets.
(b) The kitchens.
(c) The bars.
(d) The hallways.
5. Where does Mr. Sakane have to accompany the police?
(a) The neighborhood police station.
(b) The army hospital.
(c) The central police station.
(d) The army barracks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people in the camp wear around their nose and mouth?
2. What does Ken sign up for?
3. Who does Yuki have to give Pepper to?
4. What is the title of chapter eight?
5. Why have the authorities allowed Emiko's grandfather to stay at home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news is the catalyst for destroying the Sakane family's life?
2. What does Mrs. Sakane do with the food she receives from the Jamisons?
3. What new role does Ken assume in chapter four?
4. What does Yuki state as her like and dislikes in the opening chapter?
5. Describe the Sakanes' new living space.
6. Why is Yuki angry with her mother in the second chapter?
7. Summarize chapter eight.
8. Why is Ken depressed in chapter eight?
9. What bad news do the Sakanes hear at the end of chapter three?
10. What is a Nisei Japanese American?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)