|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Yuki have to give Pepper to?
(a) A college student.
(b) An army general.
(c) A Chinese family.
(d) A shopkeeper.
2. What is the name of the girl Yuki meets in the hallway?
(a) Yuka Fillomara.
(b) Yoko Gardona.
(c) Emiko Kurihara.
(d) Mara Golina.
3. What do the Sakanes drink while they wait for Mr. Sakane?
(a) Hot milk.
(c) Hot chocolate.
4. How does Yuki say Mrs. Sakane always acts toward strangers?
5. What does Mrs. Sakane serve to the two policeman and the FBI agent?
(a) Coffee and chocolate.
(b) Fish and rice.
(c) Soup and rice.
(d) Tea and cakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Yuki's dog?
2. What have the horse troughs been converted into?
3. Who comes to visit the Sakane family?
4. Who drives the family to San Francisco?
5. What kind of bird is Old Salt?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Yuki's friends react to her when she returns to school?
2. Summarize chapter eight.
3. What new role does Ken assume in chapter four?
4. What bad news do the Sakanes hear at the end of chapter three?
5. How do the Sakanes meet the Kurihara family?
6. Describe the camp at Tanforan.
7. Why is Yuki angry with her mother in the second chapter?
8. How does Yuki show her love for America in chapter seven?
9. Describe Yuki's brother Ken.
10. How does Mr. Sakane react when the police arrive to arrest him?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)