|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the Japanese housed when there are no apartments left?
(a) The hallways.
(b) The kitchens.
(c) The bars.
(d) The toilets.
2. What is the title of the seventh chapter?
(a) A New Friend.
(b) No Friends.
(c) An Old Friend.
(d) All Friends.
3. Who does Mr. Toda's friend think will win the war?
4. How does Yuki say Mrs. Sakane always acts toward strangers?
5. Who is Ken meeting in the waiting room?
(a) His girlfriend.
(b) His half brother.
(c) Friends from university.
(d) His school teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of family 13452?
2. What kind of bird is Old Salt?
3. What happens on April 21, 1942?
4. Which of his father's possessions does Ken sell?
5. What does Yuki think is foolish?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the FBI officer tell people who phone the Sakane house?
2. What news is the catalyst for destroying the Sakane family's life?
3. Describe the Kurihara family.
4. What does Yuki state as her like and dislikes in the opening chapter?
5. What does Mr. Sakane tell his family about his situation?
6. What bad news do the Sakanes hear at the end of chapter three?
7. Describe the camp at Tanforan.
8. How do the Sakanes meet the Kurihara family?
9. Summarize chapter five.
10. Describe Yuki's brother Ken.
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)