|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state is Topaz in?
(c) New York.
2. Who does Yuki feel she now rarely sees?
(a) Mrs. Jamison.
(c) Mrs. Sakane.
3. What does Mr. Kurihara have a collection of?
(b) Eagle eggs.
(d) Indian arrowheads.
4. What does each room have suspended from the ceiling?
(a) A Christmas tree.
(b) A torch.
(c) A light bulb.
(d) A hook.
5. What is scarce on the camp?
6. What does the camp organize to help the children?
(a) A school system.
(b) A job system.
(c) Baseball games.
(d) A playground.
7. How do the authorities eliminate most of the dust?
(a) Concrete the camp.
(b) Gravel the roads.
(c) Set up a dust sucker.
(d) Build high walls.
8. What does Yuki notice about the water if it is left in the desert?
(a) It freezes.
(b) The animals drink it.
(c) It turns stagnant.
(d) It boils.
9. What special day do the internees celebrate with little enthusiasm?
10. What form of communication does Mrs. Sakane receive from her husband?
(a) A telegram.
(b) An sms.
(c) A letter.
(d) An email.
11. What is the title of the twelfth chapter?
(a) The Unknown.
(b) Dust Storm.
(c) Cover Your Mouths.
(d) In Sickness and in Health.
12. How does Yuki communicate to Emi?
(a) By letter.
(b) Through the key hole.
(c) By phone.
(d) Through the hospital window.
13. To where does Mr. Sakane say he is traveling?
(c) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
14. Who does Yuki hear has recently died?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Old Salt.
(c) Her father.
15. To where are the authorities moving the internees?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yuki have to do by herself while Emi is sick?
2. Who does Yuki try to visit on Christmas day?
3. What is the title of chapter fourteen?
4. Why can Yuki not see Emi?
5. Who becomes ill on the journey to Topaz?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)