|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What form of communication does Mrs. Sakane receive from her husband?
(a) An email.
(b) A telegram.
(c) An sms.
(d) A letter.
2. Which family is positioned near the Sakane family?
(a) The Kurihara family.
(b) The Jamison family.
(c) The Topa family.
(d) The Nelson family.
3. To where does Mr. Sakane say he is traveling?
(a) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
4. What is blowing through the camp when Yuki returns to her room?
5. Where does the recruiter say the internees will have to serve if they enlist?
(a) The Asian Theater.
(b) The Pacific Theater.
(c) The African Theater.
(d) The European Theater.
6. What is the title of chapter eleven?
(a) A Farm House.
(b) Tied Up.
(c) Death and Misery.
(d) A Home in the Desert.
7. Who becomes ill on the journey to Topaz?
(d) Mrs. Sakane.
8. What does Ken decide to apply for in this chapter?
(a) A job.
(c) The navy.
(d) The army.
9. Who does Mr. Sakane decide it is best to work with.
(a) The police.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The medical staff.
(d) The army.
10. How does Ken feel in the desert?
11. Where is Mr. Kurihara buried?
(b) New York.
(c) San Francisco.
12. Who is the first person Toda tells about Mr. Kurihara's death?
(b) Mr. Sakane.
(d) Mrs. Kurihara.
13. What does each room have suspended from the ceiling?
(a) A light bulb.
(b) A Christmas tree.
(c) A torch.
(d) A hook.
14. What does Mrs. Sakane insist Yuki does?
(b) Comply with orders.
(c) Clean her room.
(d) Cook meals.
15. What does Yuki bring as a gift for Emi?
(a) A chocolate.
(b) A shell.
(c) A fossil.
(d) An ice cream.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Yuki communicate to Emi?
2. Why can Yuki not see Emi?
3. Why does Ken decide not to attend college?
4. What does Mr. Kurihara have a collection of?
5. What is the title of the twelfth chapter?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)