|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Kurihara have a collection of?
(a) Eagle eggs.
(d) Indian arrowheads.
2. Which character does Mr. Kurihara search the desert for arrowheads with?
(a) Mr. Toda.
(d) Mrs. Sakane.
3. Who becomes ill on the journey to Topaz?
(d) Mrs. Sakane.
4. What does Yuki notice about the water if it is left in the desert?
(a) It freezes.
(b) It boils.
(c) The animals drink it.
(d) It turns stagnant.
5. What does Mrs. Sakane make outside her apartment?
(a) A cafe.
(b) A garden.
(c) A shed.
(d) A shelter.
6. What does Yuki envision when she hears the name Topaz?
(a) A burning hell.
(b) A quality location.
(c) A metropolis.
(d) Vast farmland.
7. What is the only thing available when Yuki gets to the ice cream counter?
(b) Coca cola.
8. Which character suffers a severe collapse of heath in chapter eleven?
(c) Mrs. Sakane.
9. What is the Sakane's building covered with?
(c) Tar paper.
(d) Wall paper.
10. What else other than fossils do the internees find in the desert?
(a) Indian arrow heads.
(c) Eagle eggs.
(d) Indian tomahawks.
11. Who has been imprisoned in Montana now for nine months?
(a) Mr. Topa.
(b) Mrs. Jamison.
(d) Mr. Sankane.
12. Where is Mr. Kurihara buried?
(a) New York.
(b) San Francisco.
13. What is the title of chapter eleven?
(a) Death and Misery.
(b) A Home in the Desert.
(c) A Farm House.
(d) Tied Up.
14. Who does Mr. Sakane decide it is best to work with.
(a) The police.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The army.
(d) The medical staff.
15. How does Yuki communicate to Emi?
(a) By phone.
(b) Through the hospital window.
(c) Through the key hole.
(d) By letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yuki think of the desertland?
2. Why does Ken decide not to attend college?
3. What does Yuki try to buy to eat in this chapter?
4. What does Yuki bring as a gift for Emi?
5. What form of transport do the authorities use to move the internees?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)