|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character suffers a severe collapse of heath in chapter eleven?
(d) Mrs. Sakane.
2. Where is it prohibited for the internees to move to?
(a) The Midwest.
(b) The East Coast.
(c) The North Coast.
(d) The West Coast.
3. Who does Mr. Sakane decide it is best to work with.
(a) The FBI.
(b) The army.
(c) The police.
(d) The medical staff.
4. What is the title of chapter ten?
(a) Moving Like Furniture.
(b) Hello Topaz.
(c) Goodbye Tanoran.
5. What special day do the internees celebrate with little enthusiasm?
6. What do the authorities issue to the adults once a month?
(a) Coupon books.
(b) Gift certificates.
(c) Food supplies.
7. Which family is positioned near the Sakane family?
(a) The Topa family.
(b) The Jamison family.
(c) The Nelson family.
(d) The Kurihara family.
8. Which member of the family attempts to keep spirits up?
(a) Mrs. Sakane.
(b) Mr. Sakane.
9. What form of transport do the authorities use to move the internees?
10. Where does Yuk visit Emi?
(a) In the warden's office.
(b) In hospital.
(c) In jail.
(d) In confinement.
11. Why does the recruiter tell the internees they will not be allowed to serve?
(a) The Africa Theater.
(b) The Pacific Theater.
(c) The Asian Theater.
(d) The European Theater.
12. What is Ken position at the hospital?
(a) Care assistant.
(b) Assistant doctor.
13. Which character does Mr. Kurihara search the desert for arrowheads with?
(b) Mr. Toda.
(c) Mrs. Sakane.
14. What is the Sakane's building covered with?
(a) Wall paper.
(b) Tar paper.
15. Who does Yuki try to visit on Christmas day?
(d) Mr. Sakane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yuki bring as a gift for Emi?
2. What does Yuki try to buy to eat in this chapter?
3. Where does Ken work?
4. What does Yuki notice about the water if it is left in the desert?
5. What does Mr. Kurihara have a collection of?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)