|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Yuki feel she now rarely sees?
(a) Mrs. Sakane.
(c) Mrs. Jamison.
2. What is the title of chapter fifteen?
(a) Hello World.
(b) Lets Disappear.
(c) Good News.
(d) Run into the Sun.
3. Who does Yuki hear has recently died?
(b) Her father.
(c) Old Salt.
(d) Her uncle.
4. What does Yuki bring as a gift for Emi?
(a) A fossil.
(b) An ice cream.
(c) A chocolate.
(d) A shell.
5. Who does Yuki note is covered in dust?
(b) The boy scouts.
(c) The wardens.
(d) Her mother.
6. What does Ken decide to apply for in this chapter?
(a) A job.
(c) The navy.
(d) The army.
7. Why do some of the Japanese internees enlist in the army?
(a) To have some fun.
(b) To demonstrate their patriotism.
(c) To go to another country.
(d) To get out of the camp.
8. What can the internees not do regularly?
9. What is Ken position at the hospital?
(a) Care assistant.
(c) Assistant doctor.
10. Who has been imprisoned in Montana now for nine months?
(a) Mrs. Jamison.
(c) Mr. Sankane.
(d) Mr. Topa.
11. Where is Mr. Kurihara buried?
(a) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
12. What month do the internees say the authorities will move them?
13. What is scarce on the camp?
14. Why does the recruiter tell the internees they will not be allowed to serve?
(a) The European Theater.
(b) The Africa Theater.
(c) The Pacific Theater.
(d) The Asian Theater.
15. Where does Yuk visit Emi?
(a) In jail.
(b) In the warden's office.
(c) In confinement.
(d) In hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What direction do the internees have to travel to to get to Topaz?
2. What form of communication does Mrs. Sakane receive from her husband?
3. What is the Sakane's building covered with?
4. Who does Yuki receive a letter from?
5. What part of the body does tuberculosis affect?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)