|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the authorities eliminate most of the dust?
(a) Gravel the roads.
(b) Build high walls.
(c) Concrete the camp.
(d) Set up a dust sucker.
2. What does Yuki notice about the water if it is left in the desert?
(a) It boils.
(b) It freezes.
(c) It turns stagnant.
(d) The animals drink it.
3. What does Mr. Kurihara have a collection of?
(a) Eagle eggs.
(d) Indian arrowheads.
4. What direction do the internees have to travel to to get to Topaz?
5. What is the title of chapter eleven?
(a) A Home in the Desert.
(b) A Farm House.
(c) Tied Up.
(d) Death and Misery.
6. Where will Emi go to get treatment?
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles.
7. What does Mr. Sankana say the weather was like in Montana?
8. What is scarce on the camp?
9. What can the coupons be used to purchase?
(a) American literature.
(b) Food and drink.
(c) Airplane tickets.
(d) Personal items.
10. Who does Yuki try to visit on Christmas day?
(c) Mr. Sakane.
11. Which member of the family attempts to keep spirits up?
(b) Mrs. Sakane.
(c) Mr. Sakane.
12. How does Ken feel in the desert?
13. Where does Ken work?
(a) The cafe.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The warden's office.
14. What does Yuki give Mr. Kurahara as a parting gift?
(a) A tomahawk.
(b) A bible.
(c) A fossil.
(d) An arrowhead.
15. What is the title of the twelfth chapter?
(a) Dust Storm.
(b) In Sickness and in Health.
(c) Cover Your Mouths.
(d) The Unknown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yuki try to buy to eat in this chapter?
2. Why does the recruiter tell the internees they will not be allowed to serve?
3. What part of the body does tuberculosis affect?
4. Who does Mr. Sakane decide it is best to work with.
5. Why do people feel queasy at the camp?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)