|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which member of the family attempts to keep spirits up?
(a) Mrs. Sakane.
(b) Mr. Sakane.
2. What does Yuki notice about the water if it is left in the desert?
(a) It boils.
(b) It turns stagnant.
(c) The animals drink it.
(d) It freezes.
3. Where will Emi go to get treatment?
(c) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
4. What form of transport do the authorities use to move the internees?
5. What does Mrs. Sakane insist Yuki does?
(a) Clean her room.
(c) Comply with orders.
(d) Cook meals.
6. What does Yuki envision when she hears the name Topaz?
(a) A metropolis.
(b) A quality location.
(c) Vast farmland.
(d) A burning hell.
7. Which of the following inspects the camp before everyone leaves?
(a) The CIA.
(b) The UN.
(d) The FBI.
8. Where is Mr. Kurihara buried?
(b) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
9. How does Yuki say she finds the transport to Topaz?
(a) Fun and beautiful.
(b) Loud and hell like.
(c) Boring and bleak.
(d) Dusty and tiring.
10. What does Yuki try to buy to eat in this chapter?
(b) Coca cola.
11. Why do people feel queasy at the camp?
(a) The low altitude.
(b) The hot sun.
(c) The cold weather.
(d) The high altitude.
12. Who does Yuki feel she now rarely sees?
(c) Mrs. Sakane.
(d) Mrs. Jamison.
13. Why can Yuki not see Emi?
(a) She is does not want to see anyone.
(b) She has gone into a coma.
(c) He is having an operation.
(d) She is in quarantine.
14. Where is it prohibited for the internees to move to?
(a) The North Coast.
(b) The West Coast.
(c) The East Coast.
(d) The Midwest.
15. What is the title of chapter eleven?
(a) Tied Up.
(b) A Home in the Desert.
(c) A Farm House.
(d) Death and Misery.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ken feel in the desert?
2. Why does a guard shoot Mr. Kurihara?
3. What does the camp organize to help the children?
4. What form of communication does Mrs. Sakane receive from her husband?
5. Which character does Mr. Kurihara search the desert for arrowheads with?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)