|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where does Mr. Sakane say he is traveling?
(b) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
2. Which member of the family attempts to keep spirits up?
(a) Mr. Sakane.
(b) Mrs. Sakane.
3. Where is Mr. Kurihara buried?
(a) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
4. What can the coupons be used to purchase?
(a) Food and drink.
(b) American literature.
(c) Personal items.
(d) Airplane tickets.
5. What does Mrs. Sakane make outside her apartment?
(a) A shed.
(b) A garden.
(c) A shelter.
(d) A cafe.
6. Who is the first person Toda tells about Mr. Kurihara's death?
(c) Mrs. Kurihara.
(d) Mr. Sakane.
7. Which character decides to join the army?
(b) Mr. Toda.
(c) Mr. Sakane.
8. Who welcomes the internees to their new home?
(a) The wives husbands.
(b) Army troops.
(c) Senator Kennedy.
(d) Boy scouts.
9. What does Ken decide to apply for in this chapter?
(a) The army.
(b) The navy.
(c) A job.
10. Which family is positioned near the Sakane family?
(a) The Jamison family.
(b) The Kurihara family.
(c) The Topa family.
(d) The Nelson family.
11. Why does Yuki think the doctors will release Emi from hospital?
(a) Spring is approaching.
(b) She has stopped coughing.
(c) She is sitting up in bed.
(d) She is costing them too much money.
12. Why does the recruiter tell the internees they will not be allowed to serve?
(a) The Africa Theater.
(b) The Asian Theater.
(c) The Pacific Theater.
(d) The European Theater.
13. Why can Yuki not see Emi?
(a) She is in quarantine.
(b) He is having an operation.
(c) She is does not want to see anyone.
(d) She has gone into a coma.
14. Why does a guard shoot Mr. Kurihara?
(a) He thinks he insulted him.
(b) He thinks he is funny looking.
(c) He thinks he is trying to escape.
(d) He thinks he was going to pull out a gun.
15. Where will Emi go to get treatment?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do camp internees have to be in their quarters by 6.30 a.m. and 6.30 p.m.?
2. Who does Yuki spend a lot of time visiting in chapter thirteen?
3. To where are the authorities moving the internees?
4. What is the only thing available when Yuki gets to the ice cream counter?
5. What is the title of chapter fifteen?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)