|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the recruiter tell the internees they will not be allowed to serve?
(a) The Africa Theater.
(b) The Pacific Theater.
(c) The Asian Theater.
(d) The European Theater.
2. Where does Yuk visit Emi?
(a) In hospital.
(b) In jail.
(c) In the warden's office.
(d) In confinement.
3. What illness is Emi suffering from?
(a) Scarlet fever.
(c) The flu.
4. What can the internees not do regularly?
5. What special day do the internees celebrate with little enthusiasm?
6. What state is Topaz in?
(d) New York.
7. How does Yuki communicate to Emi?
(a) By phone.
(b) Through the hospital window.
(c) Through the key hole.
(d) By letter.
8. To where does Mr. Sakane say he is traveling?
(b) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
9. What does Yuki give Mr. Kurahara as a parting gift?
(a) An arrowhead.
(b) A tomahawk.
(c) A fossil.
(d) A bible.
10. Who welcomes the internees to their new home?
(a) The wives husbands.
(b) Senator Kennedy.
(c) Boy scouts.
(d) Army troops.
11. What month do the internees say the authorities will move them?
12. How does Ken feel in the desert?
13. What does Yuki bring as a gift for Emi?
(a) An ice cream.
(b) A shell.
(c) A chocolate.
(d) A fossil.
14. What does Mr. Sankana say the weather was like in Montana?
15. What does Yuki think of the desertland?
(c) Hell like.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the twelfth chapter?
2. What is scarce on the camp?
3. Who does Yuki try to visit on Christmas day?
4. Who becomes ill on the journey to Topaz?
5. Why does Yuki think the doctors will release Emi from hospital?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)