|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yuki have to do by herself while Emi is sick?
(a) Cook meals.
(b) Make new friends.
(c) Explore the camp.
(d) Write stories.
2. What is blowing through the camp when Yuki returns to her room?
3. What is the title of chapter fourteen?
(b) Bad News.
(c) Heaven it is.
(d) Tragedy at Dusk.
4. Who becomes ill on the journey to Topaz?
(c) Mrs. Sakane.
5. What does Mr. Kurihara have a collection of?
(a) Indian arrowheads.
(d) Eagle eggs.
6. How does Yuki communicate to Emi?
(a) By phone.
(b) By letter.
(c) Through the hospital window.
(d) Through the key hole.
7. Which character suffers a severe collapse of heath in chapter eleven?
(b) Mrs. Sakane.
8. How do the authorities eliminate most of the dust?
(a) Gravel the roads.
(b) Set up a dust sucker.
(c) Concrete the camp.
(d) Build high walls.
9. Who is Mr. Kurihara with when he dies?
(a) Mr. Sakane.
(b) Mr. Toda.
(d) Mrs. Kurihara.
10. What part of the body does tuberculosis affect?
(a) The kidneys.
(b) The lungs.
(c) The heart.
(d) The liver.
11. Who does Yuki note is covered in dust?
(a) Her mother.
(c) The boy scouts.
(d) The wardens.
12. Where is it prohibited for the internees to move to?
(a) The Midwest.
(b) The West Coast.
(c) The East Coast.
(d) The North Coast.
13. Why does Ken decide not to attend college?
(a) He wants to marry.
(b) He has to help the family move.
(c) He wants to take advantage of the camp's free education.
(d) He wants to get a job.
14. What does Yuki give Mr. Kurahara as a parting gift?
(a) A tomahawk.
(b) An arrowhead.
(c) A fossil.
(d) A bible.
15. What can the internees not do regularly?
Short Answer Questions
1. What else other than fossils do the internees find in the desert?
2. What illness is Emi suffering from?
3. What special day do the internees celebrate with little enthusiasm?
4. What does Mr. Sankana say the weather was like in Montana?
5. What is the Sakane's building covered with?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)