|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the recruiter say the internees will have to serve if they enlist?
(a) The European Theater.
(b) The Asian Theater.
(c) The African Theater.
(d) The Pacific Theater.
2. What form of transport do the authorities use to move the internees?
3. What does Ken decide to apply for in this chapter?
(a) A job.
(b) The army.
(d) The navy.
4. Who does Yuki feel she now rarely sees?
(b) Mrs. Jamison.
(d) Mrs. Sakane.
5. Why does a guard shoot Mr. Kurihara?
(a) He thinks he insulted him.
(b) He thinks he is trying to escape.
(c) He thinks he is funny looking.
(d) He thinks he was going to pull out a gun.
6. Where will Emi go to get treatment?
(a) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
7. Where does Yuk visit Emi?
(a) In jail.
(b) In hospital.
(c) In confinement.
(d) In the warden's office.
8. Why do camp internees have to be in their quarters by 6.30 a.m. and 6.30 p.m.?
(a) For a headcount.
(b) For lock up.
(c) For a meal.
(d) For register.
9. Why does Yuki think the doctors will release Emi from hospital?
(a) Spring is approaching.
(b) She is costing them too much money.
(c) She has stopped coughing.
(d) She is sitting up in bed.
10. What does Yuki think of the desertland?
(c) Hell like.
11. What is the title of chapter eleven?
(a) Death and Misery.
(b) Tied Up.
(c) A Home in the Desert.
(d) A Farm House.
12. What does Yuki envision when she hears the name Topaz?
(a) Vast farmland.
(b) A metropolis.
(c) A burning hell.
(d) A quality location.
13. What is the title of chapter fourteen?
(a) Bad News.
(c) Heaven it is.
(d) Tragedy at Dusk.
14. What special day do the internees celebrate with little enthusiasm?
15. What illness is Emi suffering from?
(a) Scarlet fever.
(b) The flu.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing available when Yuki gets to the ice cream counter?
2. What can the internees not do regularly?
3. What does Yuki bring as a gift for Emi?
4. Who becomes ill on the journey to Topaz?
5. What month do the internees say the authorities will move them?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)