|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of chapter eleven?
(a) Tied Up.
(b) Death and Misery.
(c) A Farm House.
(d) A Home in the Desert.
2. What is the title of chapter fourteen?
(a) Bad News.
(b) Tragedy at Dusk.
(d) Heaven it is.
3. Which member of the family attempts to keep spirits up?
(a) Mrs. Sakane.
(d) Mr. Sakane.
4. What is scarce on the camp?
5. How does Yuki communicate to Emi?
(a) Through the key hole.
(b) Through the hospital window.
(c) By letter.
(d) By phone.
6. What does Ken decide to apply for in this chapter?
(a) A job.
(b) The navy.
(c) The army.
7. What part of the body does tuberculosis affect?
(a) The kidneys.
(b) The liver.
(c) The heart.
(d) The lungs.
8. What is Ken position at the hospital?
(b) Assistant doctor.
(c) Care assistant.
9. Who has been imprisoned in Montana now for nine months?
(a) Mr. Sankane.
(c) Mrs. Jamison.
(d) Mr. Topa.
10. Why does a guard shoot Mr. Kurihara?
(a) He thinks he insulted him.
(b) He thinks he was going to pull out a gun.
(c) He thinks he is funny looking.
(d) He thinks he is trying to escape.
11. Why does Ken decide not to attend college?
(a) He wants to take advantage of the camp's free education.
(b) He wants to marry.
(c) He wants to get a job.
(d) He has to help the family move.
12. What does the camp organize to help the children?
(a) Baseball games.
(b) A school system.
(c) A playground.
(d) A job system.
13. To where does Mr. Sakane say he is traveling?
(b) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
14. What special day do the internees celebrate with little enthusiasm?
15. Why do some of the Japanese internees enlist in the army?
(a) To go to another country.
(b) To have some fun.
(c) To demonstrate their patriotism.
(d) To get out of the camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of chapter thirteen?
2. Why does Yuki think the doctors will release Emi from hospital?
3. How does Ken feel in the desert?
4. Where does Ken work?
5. What does Yuki give Mr. Kurahara as a parting gift?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)