|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which family is positioned near the Sakane family?
(a) The Nelson family.
(b) The Topa family.
(c) The Kurihara family.
(d) The Jamison family.
2. Who becomes ill on the journey to Topaz?
(b) Mrs. Sakane.
3. Who does Yuki receive a letter from?
(a) Mrs. Jamison.
(c) Her father.
(d) Mrs. Nelson.
4. What else other than fossils do the internees find in the desert?
(a) Indian tomahawks.
(b) Eagle eggs.
(c) Indian arrow heads.
5. What form of transport do the authorities use to move the internees?
6. Who does Yuki try to visit on Christmas day?
(c) Mr. Sakane.
7. What is the title of chapter ten?
(b) Hello Topaz.
(c) Goodbye Tanoran.
(d) Moving Like Furniture.
8. Who is the first person Toda tells about Mr. Kurihara's death?
(b) Mrs. Kurihara.
(d) Mr. Sakane.
9. What is the title of chapter fourteen?
(b) Tragedy at Dusk.
(c) Heaven it is.
(d) Bad News.
10. What does Mrs. Sakane make outside her apartment?
(a) A cafe.
(b) A garden.
(c) A shed.
(d) A shelter.
11. How do the authorities eliminate most of the dust?
(a) Build high walls.
(b) Set up a dust sucker.
(c) Gravel the roads.
(d) Concrete the camp.
12. What does Yuki say she is too excited to do?
(a) Read a book.
(b) Look at the arrow heads.
(c) Go to school.
(d) Eat with the Kuriharas.
13. How does Yuki communicate to Emi?
(a) By letter.
(b) Through the key hole.
(c) By phone.
(d) Through the hospital window.
14. Where does the recruiter say the internees will have to serve if they enlist?
(a) The Pacific Theater.
(b) The African Theater.
(c) The European Theater.
(d) The Asian Theater.
15. What can the internees not do regularly?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Yuki hear has recently died?
2. What part of the body does tuberculosis affect?
3. What does Yuki think of the desertland?
4. What form of communication does Mrs. Sakane receive from her husband?
5. Why do camp internees have to be in their quarters by 6.30 a.m. and 6.30 p.m.?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)