|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which member of the family attempts to keep spirits up?
(a) Mrs. Sakane.
(d) Mr. Sakane.
2. What month do the internees say the authorities will move them?
3. Which character does Mr. Kurihara search the desert for arrowheads with?
(b) Mrs. Sakane.
(d) Mr. Toda.
4. Why does the recruiter tell the internees they will not be allowed to serve?
(a) The Asian Theater.
(b) The European Theater.
(c) The Pacific Theater.
(d) The Africa Theater.
5. Where is it prohibited for the internees to move to?
(a) The Midwest.
(b) The West Coast.
(c) The East Coast.
(d) The North Coast.
6. What special day do the internees celebrate with little enthusiasm?
7. What is the title of chapter eleven?
(a) Death and Misery.
(b) A Farm House.
(c) A Home in the Desert.
(d) Tied Up.
8. Who does Yuki feel she now rarely sees?
(c) Mrs. Jamison.
(d) Mrs. Sakane.
9. Where does Ken work?
(a) The warden's office.
(b) The cafe.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The hospital.
10. How does Yuki say she finds the transport to Topaz?
(a) Fun and beautiful.
(b) Boring and bleak.
(c) Dusty and tiring.
(d) Loud and hell like.
11. What is the title of chapter ten?
(a) Moving Like Furniture.
(b) Hello Topaz.
(c) Goodbye Tanoran.
12. What does Mr. Sankana say the weather was like in Montana?
13. Why do some of the Japanese internees enlist in the army?
(a) To demonstrate their patriotism.
(b) To get out of the camp.
(c) To go to another country.
(d) To have some fun.
14. What do the authorities issue to the adults once a month?
(a) Gift certificates.
(b) Food supplies.
(c) Coupon books.
15. What is the title of chapter thirteen?
(a) Never Again.
(b) A Last Visit.
(c) It That the Time.
(d) Visitiing Hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Yuki hear has recently died?
2. Who does Yuki receive a letter from?
3. What is Ken position at the hospital?
4. Who has been imprisoned in Montana now for nine months?
5. Who welcomes the internees to their new home?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)