|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of chapter fourteen?
(b) Bad News.
(c) Heaven it is.
(d) Tragedy at Dusk.
2. What does Yuki give Mr. Kurahara as a parting gift?
(a) An arrowhead.
(b) A tomahawk.
(c) A bible.
(d) A fossil.
3. Why does the recruiter tell the internees they will not be allowed to serve?
(a) The Africa Theater.
(b) The Asian Theater.
(c) The European Theater.
(d) The Pacific Theater.
4. Where is Mr. Kurihara buried?
(a) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
5. What does Mr. Sankana say the weather was like in Montana?
6. What state is Topaz in?
(c) New York.
7. How does Yuki communicate to Emi?
(a) Through the key hole.
(b) Through the hospital window.
(c) By letter.
(d) By phone.
8. Who becomes ill on the journey to Topaz?
(d) Mrs. Sakane.
9. Where will Emi go to get treatment?
(a) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
10. Which of the following inspects the camp before everyone leaves?
(a) The UN.
(b) The FBI.
(d) The CIA.
11. What direction do the internees have to travel to to get to Topaz?
12. What is the title of chapter eleven?
(a) Death and Misery.
(b) A Home in the Desert.
(c) Tied Up.
(d) A Farm House.
13. Who does Yuki try to visit on Christmas day?
(a) Mr. Sakane.
14. Who does Yuki note is covered in dust?
(b) The boy scouts.
(c) The wardens.
(d) Her mother.
15. What do the internees wear to stop the dust from effecting them?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yuki envision when she hears the name Topaz?
2. What does Yuki have to do by herself while Emi is sick?
3. What is Ken position at the hospital?
4. How does Ken feel in the desert?
5. Who does Yuki spend a lot of time visiting in chapter thirteen?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)