|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else other than fossils do the internees find in the desert?
(a) Indian tomahawks.
(c) Eagle eggs.
(d) Indian arrow heads.
2. Which member of the family attempts to keep spirits up?
(a) Mrs. Sakane.
(d) Mr. Sakane.
3. Why can Yuki not see Emi?
(a) He is having an operation.
(b) She has gone into a coma.
(c) She is does not want to see anyone.
(d) She is in quarantine.
4. Who is Mr. Kurihara with when he dies?
(a) Mr. Toda.
(c) Mr. Sakane.
(d) Mrs. Kurihara.
5. Which family is positioned near the Sakane family?
(a) The Nelson family.
(b) The Kurihara family.
(c) The Jamison family.
(d) The Topa family.
6. What is the title of the twelfth chapter?
(a) In Sickness and in Health.
(b) Cover Your Mouths.
(c) Dust Storm.
(d) The Unknown.
7. What is the title of chapter eleven?
(a) A Home in the Desert.
(b) A Farm House.
(c) Death and Misery.
(d) Tied Up.
8. Why does a guard shoot Mr. Kurihara?
(a) He thinks he is funny looking.
(b) He thinks he is trying to escape.
(c) He thinks he insulted him.
(d) He thinks he was going to pull out a gun.
9. What does Yuki think of the desertland?
(d) Hell like.
10. What is the title of chapter ten?
(a) Hello Topaz.
(b) Moving Like Furniture.
(c) Goodbye Tanoran.
11. What do the internees wear to stop the dust from effecting them?
12. Which character suffers a severe collapse of heath in chapter eleven?
(b) Mrs. Sakane.
13. Who does Yuki hear has recently died?
(a) Her father.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Old Salt.
14. To where does Mr. Sakane say he is traveling?
(a) New York.
(c) San Francisco.
15. Who does Mr. Sakane decide it is best to work with.
(a) The medical staff.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The army.
(d) The police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mr. Kurihara buried?
2. Which character does Mr. Kurihara search the desert for arrowheads with?
3. What does Mrs. Sakane make outside her apartment?
4. What illness is Emi suffering from?
5. What can the internees not do regularly?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)