|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Yuki spend a lot of time visiting in chapter thirteen?
(c) Mr. Topa.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Kurihara.
2. Why does the recruiter tell the internees they will not be allowed to serve?
(a) The Asian Theater.
(b) The Pacific Theater.
(c) The Africa Theater.
(d) The European Theater.
3. Where does Ken work?
(a) The cafe.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The warden's office.
4. How does Ken feel in the desert?
5. What does Mr. Sankana say the weather was like in Montana?
6. Who does Yuki try to visit on Christmas day?
(a) Mr. Sakane.
7. What does Yuki think of the desertland?
(c) Hell like.
8. Who does Mr. Sakane decide it is best to work with.
(a) The army.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The medical staff.
(d) The police.
9. Who does Yuki note is covered in dust?
(b) Her mother.
(c) The boy scouts.
(d) The wardens.
10. What does Yuki bring as a gift for Emi?
(a) A fossil.
(b) A chocolate.
(c) A shell.
(d) An ice cream.
11. What is the title of chapter ten?
(a) Moving Like Furniture.
(c) Goodbye Tanoran.
(d) Hello Topaz.
12. What is the title of chapter fourteen?
(a) Bad News.
(c) Tragedy at Dusk.
(d) Heaven it is.
13. To where does Mr. Sakane say he is traveling?
(a) New York.
(b) San Francisco.
14. What else other than fossils do the internees find in the desert?
(a) Indian arrow heads.
(b) Eagle eggs.
(c) Indian tomahawks.
15. What does Yuki envision when she hears the name Topaz?
(a) A burning hell.
(b) Vast farmland.
(c) A quality location.
(d) A metropolis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ken position at the hospital?
2. Why do people feel queasy at the camp?
3. What does Ken decide to apply for in this chapter?
4. What does Mr. Kurihara have a collection of?
5. Who is the first person Toda tells about Mr. Kurihara's death?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)