|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Yuk visit Emi?
(a) In jail.
(b) In the warden's office.
(c) In confinement.
(d) In hospital.
2. To where are the authorities moving the internees?
3. Which character does Mr. Kurihara search the desert for arrowheads with?
(a) Mr. Toda.
(c) Mrs. Sakane.
4. Who is Mr. Kurihara with when he dies?
(a) Mr. Toda.
(b) Mrs. Kurihara.
(c) Mr. Sakane.
5. Who does Mr. Sakane decide it is best to work with.
(a) The army.
(b) The police.
(c) The medical staff.
(d) The FBI.
6. What does Yuki bring as a gift for Emi?
(a) An ice cream.
(b) A shell.
(c) A fossil.
(d) A chocolate.
7. What does Yuki give Mr. Kurahara as a parting gift?
(a) An arrowhead.
(b) A bible.
(c) A tomahawk.
(d) A fossil.
8. How does Yuki communicate to Emi?
(a) Through the key hole.
(b) Through the hospital window.
(c) By letter.
(d) By phone.
9. Where is it prohibited for the internees to move to?
(a) The West Coast.
(b) The Midwest.
(c) The East Coast.
(d) The North Coast.
10. What is the only thing available when Yuki gets to the ice cream counter?
(a) Coca cola.
11. What do the internees wear to stop the dust from effecting them?
12. What does Mrs. Sakane insist Yuki does?
(a) Cook meals.
(b) Comply with orders.
(d) Clean her room.
13. What is the title of chapter fourteen?
(b) Bad News.
(c) Tragedy at Dusk.
(d) Heaven it is.
14. What part of the body does tuberculosis affect?
(a) The lungs.
(b) The kidneys.
(c) The heart.
(d) The liver.
15. Why does Yuki think the doctors will release Emi from hospital?
(a) She has stopped coughing.
(b) Spring is approaching.
(c) She is sitting up in bed.
(d) She is costing them too much money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the recruiter say the internees will have to serve if they enlist?
2. Why can Yuki not see Emi?
3. Which character decides to join the army?
4. How does Yuki say she finds the transport to Topaz?
5. Who does Yuki spend a lot of time visiting in chapter thirteen?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)