|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Sankana say the weather was like in Montana?
2. How does Yuki communicate to Emi?
(a) By phone.
(b) Through the key hole.
(c) Through the hospital window.
(d) By letter.
3. Why does Ken decide not to attend college?
(a) He has to help the family move.
(b) He wants to take advantage of the camp's free education.
(c) He wants to marry.
(d) He wants to get a job.
4. What is Ken position at the hospital?
(c) Assistant doctor.
(d) Care assistant.
5. Why does a guard shoot Mr. Kurihara?
(a) He thinks he was going to pull out a gun.
(b) He thinks he is trying to escape.
(c) He thinks he is funny looking.
(d) He thinks he insulted him.
6. Who does Mr. Sakane decide it is best to work with.
(a) The medical staff.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The police.
(d) The army.
7. What does Yuki have to do by herself while Emi is sick?
(a) Make new friends.
(b) Cook meals.
(c) Explore the camp.
(d) Write stories.
8. Why do people feel queasy at the camp?
(a) The hot sun.
(b) The high altitude.
(c) The cold weather.
(d) The low altitude.
9. What direction do the internees have to travel to to get to Topaz?
10. What does Mrs. Sakane insist Yuki does?
(b) Clean her room.
(c) Comply with orders.
(d) Cook meals.
11. What does Ken decide to apply for in this chapter?
(b) The army.
(c) The navy.
(d) A job.
12. Who is Mr. Kurihara with when he dies?
(b) Mr. Sakane.
(c) Mrs. Kurihara.
(d) Mr. Toda.
13. Where will Emi go to get treatment?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
14. What does Yuki say she is too excited to do?
(a) Look at the arrow heads.
(b) Eat with the Kuriharas.
(c) Go to school.
(d) Read a book.
15. What is the title of chapter fifteen?
(a) Lets Disappear.
(b) Good News.
(c) Run into the Sun.
(d) Hello World.
Short Answer Questions
1. What special day does Mr. Sakane arrive in Topaz?
2. Why do some of the Japanese internees enlist in the army?
3. To where does Mr. Sakane say he is traveling?
4. Where does the recruiter say the internees will have to serve if they enlist?
5. What does Yuki think of the desertland?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)