|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the internees wear to stop the dust from effecting them?
2. Why can Yuki not see Emi?
(a) She is does not want to see anyone.
(b) She is in quarantine.
(c) She has gone into a coma.
(d) He is having an operation.
3. What special day does Mr. Sakane arrive in Topaz?
(a) Christmas eve.
(b) Christmas day.
(c) New years day.
(d) New years eve.
4. What does Yuki say she is too excited to do?
(a) Read a book.
(b) Look at the arrow heads.
(c) Eat with the Kuriharas.
(d) Go to school.
5. Who does Yuki note is covered in dust?
(a) Her mother.
(c) The boy scouts.
(d) The wardens.
6. What is the title of chapter fifteen?
(a) Good News.
(b) Lets Disappear.
(c) Run into the Sun.
(d) Hello World.
7. What is scarce on the camp?
8. What is the title of chapter fourteen?
(a) Tragedy at Dusk.
(b) Bad News.
(c) Heaven it is.
9. What does Yuki have to do by herself while Emi is sick?
(a) Write stories.
(b) Explore the camp.
(c) Cook meals.
(d) Make new friends.
10. Why does Yuki think the doctors will release Emi from hospital?
(a) She is costing them too much money.
(b) Spring is approaching.
(c) She has stopped coughing.
(d) She is sitting up in bed.
11. What does Mr. Sankana say the weather was like in Montana?
12. Who welcomes the internees to their new home?
(a) Boy scouts.
(b) Senator Kennedy.
(c) Army troops.
(d) The wives husbands.
13. What form of transport do the authorities use to move the internees?
14. What does Yuki envision when she hears the name Topaz?
(a) Vast farmland.
(b) A metropolis.
(c) A burning hell.
(d) A quality location.
15. What does each room have suspended from the ceiling?
(a) A hook.
(b) A torch.
(c) A Christmas tree.
(d) A light bulb.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does a guard shoot Mr. Kurihara?
2. Where does the recruiter say the internees will have to serve if they enlist?
3. What can the internees not do regularly?
4. What special day do the internees celebrate with little enthusiasm?
5. Why do people feel queasy at the camp?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)