|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Sakane decide it is best to work with.
(a) The army.
(b) The police.
(c) The medical staff.
(d) The FBI.
2. What does Yuki notice about the water if it is left in the desert?
(a) It turns stagnant.
(b) The animals drink it.
(c) It boils.
(d) It freezes.
3. Who does Yuki spend a lot of time visiting in chapter thirteen?
(a) Mr. Topa.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Kurihara.
4. Which character decides to join the army?
(b) Mr. Toda.
(d) Mr. Sakane.
5. What is the title of chapter fifteen?
(a) Lets Disappear.
(b) Run into the Sun.
(c) Hello World.
(d) Good News.
6. What does Mrs. Sakane make outside her apartment?
(a) A cafe.
(b) A garden.
(c) A shelter.
(d) A shed.
7. Where does Yuk visit Emi?
(a) In confinement.
(b) In jail.
(c) In the warden's office.
(d) In hospital.
8. What is the Sakane's building covered with?
(c) Tar paper.
(d) Wall paper.
9. Who does Yuki hear has recently died?
(a) Her uncle.
(c) Old Salt.
(d) Her father.
10. How does Yuki say she finds the transport to Topaz?
(a) Fun and beautiful.
(b) Dusty and tiring.
(c) Loud and hell like.
(d) Boring and bleak.
11. What do the internees wear to stop the dust from effecting them?
12. Where does the recruiter say the internees will have to serve if they enlist?
(a) The African Theater.
(b) The European Theater.
(c) The Asian Theater.
(d) The Pacific Theater.
13. What does Yuki try to buy to eat in this chapter?
(b) Coca cola.
14. How does Yuki communicate to Emi?
(a) By phone.
(b) Through the key hole.
(c) Through the hospital window.
(d) By letter.
15. Where is it prohibited for the internees to move to?
(a) The East Coast.
(b) The Midwest.
(c) The North Coast.
(d) The West Coast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which family is positioned near the Sakane family?
2. Who does Yuki note is covered in dust?
3. What form of communication does Mrs. Sakane receive from her husband?
4. Why do camp internees have to be in their quarters by 6.30 a.m. and 6.30 p.m.?
5. What special day do the internees celebrate with little enthusiasm?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)