|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the recruiter say the internees will have to serve if they enlist?
(a) The Asian Theater.
(b) The Pacific Theater.
(c) The European Theater.
(d) The African Theater.
2. How do the authorities eliminate most of the dust?
(a) Set up a dust sucker.
(b) Build high walls.
(c) Concrete the camp.
(d) Gravel the roads.
3. What can the internees not do regularly?
4. Who does Yuki hear has recently died?
(a) Her father.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Old Salt.
5. Which of the following inspects the camp before everyone leaves?
(a) The UN.
(c) The CIA.
(d) The FBI.
6. What does Yuki think of the desertland?
(c) Hell like.
7. To where does Mr. Sakane say he is traveling?
(b) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
8. What special day does Mr. Sakane arrive in Topaz?
(a) New years day.
(b) New years eve.
(c) Christmas day.
(d) Christmas eve.
9. What illness is Emi suffering from?
(a) Scarlet fever.
(c) The flu.
10. Why do people feel queasy at the camp?
(a) The hot sun.
(b) The high altitude.
(c) The low altitude.
(d) The cold weather.
11. To where are the authorities moving the internees?
12. What state is Topaz in?
(b) New York.
13. Why do camp internees have to be in their quarters by 6.30 a.m. and 6.30 p.m.?
(a) For a meal.
(b) For a headcount.
(c) For lock up.
(d) For register.
14. What is the title of chapter fourteen?
(b) Tragedy at Dusk.
(c) Heaven it is.
(d) Bad News.
15. What part of the body does tuberculosis affect?
(a) The heart.
(b) The lungs.
(c) The kidneys.
(d) The liver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Yuki think the doctors will release Emi from hospital?
2. Which member of the family attempts to keep spirits up?
3. Who has been imprisoned in Montana now for nine months?
4. What does Yuki envision when she hears the name Topaz?
5. What is the title of chapter eleven?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)