|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yuki think of the desertland?
(d) Hell like.
2. What does Mr. Sankana say the weather was like in Montana?
3. What direction do the internees have to travel to to get to Topaz?
4. Who does Yuki feel she now rarely sees?
(a) Mrs. Jamison.
(c) Mrs. Sakane.
5. What is the title of chapter ten?
(a) Hello Topaz.
(b) Moving Like Furniture.
(d) Goodbye Tanoran.
6. What is blowing through the camp when Yuki returns to her room?
7. What does Mrs. Sakane make outside her apartment?
(a) A shed.
(b) A garden.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A shelter.
8. Why do some of the Japanese internees enlist in the army?
(a) To have some fun.
(b) To demonstrate their patriotism.
(c) To go to another country.
(d) To get out of the camp.
9. Where is Mr. Kurihara buried?
(a) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
10. Why does Ken decide not to attend college?
(a) He wants to get a job.
(b) He has to help the family move.
(c) He wants to take advantage of the camp's free education.
(d) He wants to marry.
11. What state is Topaz in?
(c) New York.
12. Why does the recruiter tell the internees they will not be allowed to serve?
(a) The Africa Theater.
(b) The Pacific Theater.
(c) The European Theater.
(d) The Asian Theater.
13. What does Mr. Kurihara have a collection of?
(c) Eagle eggs.
(d) Indian arrowheads.
14. How do the authorities eliminate most of the dust?
(a) Gravel the roads.
(b) Set up a dust sucker.
(c) Concrete the camp.
(d) Build high walls.
15. Who does Yuki try to visit on Christmas day?
(c) Mr. Sakane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yuki envision when she hears the name Topaz?
2. What illness is Emi suffering from?
3. Why does Yuki think the doctors will release Emi from hospital?
4. What is the title of the twelfth chapter?
5. What does Yuki say she is too excited to do?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)