|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prompts the two policeman to leave the Sakanes' house?
(a) A radio broadcast.
(b) A telephone call.
(c) A gun shot.
(d) A scream.
2. Where do the buses take the Sakane family?
(a) The Regency Assembly Center.
(b) The Civil Control Center.
(c) The Immigration Control Center.
(d) The Tanforan Assembly Center.
3. What does Mrs. Sakane read everyday?
(a) The newspapers.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Torah.
(d) The Koran.
4. Who can the Sakane family hear through the wall?
(b) Their neighbors.
(c) Security guards.
5. What does the FBI agent tell people who ring the house?
(a) The Sakanes are unavailable.
(b) The Sakanes are dead.
(c) The Sakanes are moving away.
(d) The Sakanes are enemies.
6. In what does Ken invest?
(a) Broker bonds.
(b) War bonds.
(c) The stock market.
(d) Book bonds.
7. What is Mr. Sakane doing when Mrs. Sakane calls the family in for dinner?
(b) Sun bathing.
(c) Mowing the lawn.
8. What does Yuki wish her mother did with the treats?
(a) Given them back to the Jamisons.
(b) Swapped them for something better.
(c) Saved them for the family.
(d) Thrown them away.
9. What is the name of Yuki's dog?
10. What kind of celebration do they hold in the internment camp?
(a) A birthday.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A Christening.
(d) A birth.
11. What do the Sakanes drink while they wait for Mr. Sakane?
(a) Hot chocolate.
(c) Hot milk.
12. Where does Mr. Sakane have to accompany the police?
(a) The neighborhood police station.
(b) The central police station.
(c) The army barracks.
(d) The army hospital.
13. What is Ken studying for?
(a) His college finals.
(b) His school finals.
(c) The weekly quiz.
(d) His driving test.
14. Who does Yuki want to take with her to the camp?
(a) Jack Frost.
(c) Tony Tiger.
(d) Old Salt.
15. What does a boy at school call Yuki?
(a) A slutty Jap.
(b) A dirty Jap.
(c) An ugly Jap.
(d) A pathetic Jap.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ken say he cannot go to university?
2. What have the horse troughs been converted into?
3. What are the Sakanes' belongings loaded onto?
4. What do the newlyweds do instead of leaving the camp?
5. What does the Sakane family have to sell?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)