|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of celebration do they hold in the internment camp?
(a) A birthday.
(b) A Christening.
(c) A birth.
(d) A wedding.
2. What is the title of the sixth chapter?
(a) Home is a Pig Sty.
(b) Home is a Horse Stall.
(c) Home is Where America is.
(d) Home is my Homeland.
3. What do the Japanese Americans have to do at 8 p.m. every night?
(a) Report to the police station.
(b) Sing the American national anthem.
(c) Salute the American flag.
(d) Stay in their area.
4. Who does Yuki have to give Pepper to?
(a) A Chinese family.
(b) An army general.
(c) A college student.
(d) A shopkeeper.
5. What does Yuki wish her mother did with the treats?
(a) Swapped them for something better.
(b) Given them back to the Jamisons.
(c) Thrown them away.
(d) Saved them for the family.
6. What prompts the FBI agent to leave the Sakanes' house?
(a) A telephone call.
(b) A gun shot.
(c) A scream.
(d) A radio broadcast.
7. Where did Mr. Toda live before he was evacuated?
(a) A car park.
(b) A homeless shelter.
(c) A charity hospital.
(d) A church dormitory.
8. What city have the authorities detained Mr. Sakane in?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
9. Who is Ken meeting in the waiting room?
(a) His school teacher.
(b) His girlfriend.
(c) Friends from university.
(d) His half brother.
10. Who is registered as the head of the Sakane household?
(a) Mr. Sakane.
(d) Mrs. Sakane.
11. What is the name of Yuki's dog?
12. Which of his father's possessions does Ken sell?
(a) His glasses.
(b) His gun.
(c) His camera.
(d) His binoculars.
13. Where does the Sakanes' neighbor drive them to?
(a) The train station.
(b) The Army Barracks.
(c) The Civil Control Station.
(d) The airport.
14. What is the name of Yuki who comes to visit her at the camp?
15. What does Mr. Sakane say his prison room is full of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the schoolteacher say are citizens?
2. Which of Yuki's pets waits with her in the garden?
3. What do the people in the camp wear around their nose and mouth?
4. Who does Yuki say she wants to win the war?
5. What does Mrs. Sakane do to keep the forced evacuation off her mind?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)