|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Jamison give Yuki for Christmas?
(a) A pearl necklace.
(b) A diamond necklace.
(c) A pearl ring.
(d) A diamond ring.
2. What do the Sakanes' non Japanese friends express?
3. Who does Yuki say she wants to win the war?
4. What kind of mood does Ken arrive in to the party?
(a) A bad mood.
(b) A funny mood.
(c) A good mood.
(d) An unhappy mood.
5. What is the name of Yuki who comes to visit her at the camp?
6. What do the newlyweds do instead of leaving the camp?
(a) Drive around the perimeter several times.
(b) Dig a hole in the ground.
(c) Spend time in the warden's room.
(d) Hide in a shed.
7. Where does Mr. Sakane have to accompany the police?
(a) The central police station.
(b) The neighborhood police station.
(c) The army barracks.
(d) The army hospital.
8. Where does Mrs. Jamison's visit take place?
(a) A waiting room.
(b) The Sakane's apartment.
(c) The warden's room.
(d) Outside the camp gate.
9. How does Yuki say Mrs. Sakane always acts toward strangers?
10. What does Yuki think is foolish?
(a) Ken selling everything.
(b) Getting rid of Pepper.
(c) Leaving Berkeley.
(d) Her mother cleaning the house.
11. What do the people in the camp wear around their nose and mouth?
12. What special day is Yuki excited about?
(b) New Years.
(c) Her birthday.
13. What does Mrs. Sakane serve to the two policeman and the FBI agent?
(a) Tea and cakes.
(b) Fish and rice.
(c) Soup and rice.
(d) Coffee and chocolate.
14. What does the FBI agent tell people who ring the house?
(a) The Sakanes are enemies.
(b) The Sakanes are moving away.
(c) The Sakanes are unavailable.
(d) The Sakanes are dead.
15. What does Yuki notice have been painted onto the walls of the apartment?
Short Answer Questions
1. What have the horse troughs been converted into?
2. What is the name of Yuki's older brother?
3. What does Mr. Sakane say his prison room is full of?
4. Which of her father's flowers does Yuki sit among as she waits for her father to return?
5. What does the Sakane family have to sell?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)