|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Sakanes eat with their hot chocolate?
2. What do the people in the camp wear around their nose and mouth?
3. How does Yuki say Mrs. Sakane always acts toward strangers?
4. What does Yuki think is foolish?
(a) Leaving Berkeley.
(b) Getting rid of Pepper.
(c) Her mother cleaning the house.
(d) Ken selling everything.
5. What is the name of the girl Yuki meets in the hallway?
(a) Mara Golina.
(b) Yoko Gardona.
(c) Yuka Fillomara.
(d) Emiko Kurihara.
6. What does the Sakanes' apartment smell of?
(a) A public toilet.
(b) Horse manure.
(c) A sewer.
(d) Body odor.
7. Why does Ken say he cannot go to university?
(a) He has to help the family.
(b) He does not have any money.
(c) The Japanese would not be welcome.
(d) He can't leave the camp.
8. In what city is the Civil Control Station located?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) San Francisco.
9. What are the Sakanes' belongings loaded onto?
(a) An airplane.
(b) A helicopter.
(c) A truck.
(d) A bus.
10. What do the Sakanes drink while they wait for Mr. Sakane?
(c) Hot milk.
(d) Hot chocolate.
11. Who does Yuki want to take with her to the camp?
(a) Old Salt.
(c) Tony Tiger.
(d) Jack Frost.
12. What city does Mimi Nelson live in?
(b) Orange County.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) San Francisco.
13. What does Mrs. Sakane serve to the two policeman and the FBI agent?
(a) Soup and rice.
(b) Tea and cakes.
(c) Fish and rice.
(d) Coffee and chocolate.
14. Where do the buses take the Sakane family?
(a) The Regency Assembly Center.
(b) The Tanforan Assembly Center.
(c) The Civil Control Center.
(d) The Immigration Control Center.
15. Who does Yuki have to give Pepper to?
(a) A college student.
(b) A Chinese family.
(c) An army general.
(d) A shopkeeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of chapter nine?
2. What does Yuki wish her mother did with the treats?
3. What does Mr. Sakane say his prison room is full of?
4. Who has Emiko been brought up by?
5. What news does the Sakane family hear on the radio?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)