|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Sakane want to change into?
(a) His American clothes.
(b) His casual wear.
(c) His wedding suit.
(d) His business suit.
2. Where does the Sakanes' neighbor drive them to?
(a) The Army Barracks.
(b) The train station.
(c) The Civil Control Station.
(d) The airport.
3. Who does Yuki say she wants to win the war?
4. What does the Sakanes' apartment smell of?
(a) Body odor.
(b) A public toilet.
(c) A sewer.
(d) Horse manure.
5. What have the authorities laid on the apartment floor?
6. What is the name of Yuki's dog?
7. What is the title of chapter eight?
(b) Have You Ever Fallen In Love.
(c) It is My Party.
(d) Ken Spoils a Party.
8. What is Tanforan surrounded by?
(a) A concrete wall.
(b) Wire fences.
(c) Electric shields.
(d) Metal fences.
9. Who has Emiko been brought up by?
(a) Her brothers.
(b) Her aunt and uncle.
(c) Her cousins.
(d) Her grandparents.
10. What does Mrs. Sakane share with her friends?
(a) Her money.
(b) Her treats.
(c) Her magazines.
(d) Her coffee.
11. What happens on April 21, 1942?
(a) The evacuation is ordered.
(b) Japan attacks Pearl Harbor.
(c) Ken proposes to his girlfriend.
(d) Mr. Sakane dies.
12. What city does Mimi Nelson live in?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) Orange County.
(d) Los Angeles.
13. Who comes to visit the Sakane family?
(a) Mr. Toga.
(b) Mr. Toda.
(c) Mr. Peona.
(d) Mr. Jamison.
14. What does Mrs. Sakane do to keep the forced evacuation off her mind?
(a) Goes on long walks.
(b) Cleans the house.
(c) Plays card.
(d) Visits friends.
15. What do the Japanese Americans have to do at 8 p.m. every night?
(a) Sing the American national anthem.
(b) Report to the police station.
(c) Salute the American flag.
(d) Stay in their area.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the postcard say Mr. Sakane needs?
2. Where does Mr. Sakane say the authorities are sending him to?
3. What is the name of family 13452?
4. What prompts the two policeman to leave the Sakanes' house?
5. What have the horse troughs been converted into?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)