|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Sakane read everyday?
(a) The newspapers.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Koran.
(d) The Torah.
2. What does the Sakane family have to sell?
(a) Their book collections.
(b) Their paintings.
(c) Their sword collections.
(d) Their furniture.
3. What does the FBI agent tell people who ring the house?
(a) The Sakanes are dead.
(b) The Sakanes are moving away.
(c) The Sakanes are enemies.
(d) The Sakanes are unavailable.
4. Where does Mr. Sakane have to accompany the police?
(a) The army barracks.
(b) The central police station.
(c) The neighborhood police station.
(d) The army hospital.
5. What does Mrs. Sakane share with her friends?
(a) Her coffee.
(b) Her magazines.
(c) Her treats.
(d) Her money.
6. What does the postcard say Mr. Sakane needs?
(a) Towels and some books.
(b) Some newspapers and his medication.
(c) Clothing and a shaving kit.
(d) His glasses and some reading material.
7. What kind of Japanese family are the Kurihara family?
(b) New age.
(c) American Japanese.
8. What are the Sakanes' belongings loaded onto?
(a) A helicopter.
(b) A bus.
(c) An airplane.
(d) A truck.
9. What do the newlyweds do instead of leaving the camp?
(a) Drive around the perimeter several times.
(b) Hide in a shed.
(c) Spend time in the warden's room.
(d) Dig a hole in the ground.
10. What prompts the two policeman to leave the Sakanes' house?
(a) A scream.
(b) A telephone call.
(c) A radio broadcast.
(d) A gun shot.
11. What happens on April 21, 1942?
(a) Mr. Sakane dies.
(b) Ken proposes to his girlfriend.
(c) Japan attacks Pearl Harbor.
(d) The evacuation is ordered.
12. What do the Sakanes eat with their hot chocolate?
13. What is Ken studying for?
(a) His college finals.
(b) His driving test.
(c) His school finals.
(d) The weekly quiz.
14. Where do the buses take the Sakane family?
(a) The Tanforan Assembly Center.
(b) The Regency Assembly Center.
(c) The Immigration Control Center.
(d) The Civil Control Center.
15. How does Yuki say Mrs. Sakane always acts toward strangers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What it is the title of the fifth chapter?
2. What does Mr. Sakane say his prison room is full of?
3. What does Mrs. Sakane spend the night doing before evacuation?
4. What city have the authorities detained Mr. Sakane in?
5. What does Ken sign up for?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)