|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mr. Sakane have to accompany the police?
(a) The neighborhood police station.
(b) The army barracks.
(c) The central police station.
(d) The army hospital.
2. What are the mattresses stuffed with?
3. What does Mrs. Jamison give Yuki for Christmas?
(a) A diamond ring.
(b) A pearl necklace.
(c) A diamond necklace.
(d) A pearl ring.
4. What does Mrs. Sakane serve to the two policeman and the FBI agent?
(a) Soup and rice.
(b) Coffee and chocolate.
(c) Fish and rice.
(d) Tea and cakes.
5. What is the name of Yuki's older brother?
6. What is the name of Yuki's dog?
7. Who can the Sakane family hear through the wall?
(a) Security guards.
(c) Their neighbors.
8. What is the title of the sixth chapter?
(a) Home is Where America is.
(b) Home is a Horse Stall.
(c) Home is my Homeland.
(d) Home is a Pig Sty.
9. What do the Sakanes' non Japanese friends express?
10. What have the authorities converted into makeshift houses?
(a) The scorers huts.
(b) Commentry boxes.
(d) Old horse stalls.
11. What are the Sakanes' belongings loaded onto?
(a) An airplane.
(b) A bus.
(c) A helicopter.
(d) A truck.
12. What is the title of the seventh chapter?
(a) No Friends.
(b) An Old Friend.
(c) A New Friend.
(d) All Friends.
13. What is Mr. Sakane doing when Mrs. Sakane calls the family in for dinner?
(b) Mowing the lawn.
(d) Sun bathing.
14. What is Mr. Toda doing with his friend?
(a) Watching girls.
(c) Playing a game.
15. What reason have the authorities given for detaining Mr. Sakane?
(a) For his recent contact with his homeland.
(b) Purposes of national security.
(c) For an unnamed crime.
(d) For political beliefs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Sakanes eat with their hot chocolate?
2. What does Yuki think is foolish?
3. Where did Mr. Toda live before he was evacuated?
4. Where are the Japanese housed when there are no apartments left?
5. What is the title of chapter nine?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)