|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month are the Sakane family taken to the Civil Control Station?
2. What city does Mimi Nelson live in?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) Orange County.
3. Who does Yuki have to give Pepper to?
(a) A college student.
(b) An army general.
(c) A Chinese family.
(d) A shopkeeper.
4. Who else other than the Nelsons come to visit the Sakane family?
(a) Mr. Gordon.
(b) Mr. Rogers.
(c) Mrs. Gordon.
(d) Mrs. Jamison.
5. Who is registered as the head of the Sakane household?
(b) Mrs. Sakane.
(c) Mr. Sakane.
6. What kind of fish does Yuki watch swimming around the yard pond?
(a) A gold fish.
(b) A carp.
(c) A salmon.
(d) A cod.
7. What are the mattresses stuffed with?
8. In what does Ken invest?
(a) Broker bonds.
(b) The stock market.
(c) War bonds.
(d) Book bonds.
9. What does the Sakanes' apartment smell of?
(a) A public toilet.
(b) Body odor.
(c) Horse manure.
(d) A sewer.
10. What is the name of Yuki's dog?
11. What is the title of the seventh chapter?
(a) An Old Friend.
(b) All Friends.
(c) A New Friend.
(d) No Friends.
12. What does Yuki wish her mother did with the treats?
(a) Saved them for the family.
(b) Given them back to the Jamisons.
(c) Thrown them away.
(d) Swapped them for something better.
13. What do the Japanese Americans have to do at 8 p.m. every night?
(a) Report to the police station.
(b) Sing the American national anthem.
(c) Salute the American flag.
(d) Stay in their area.
14. What prompts the FBI agent to leave the Sakanes' house?
(a) A telephone call.
(b) A scream.
(c) A radio broadcast.
(d) A gun shot.
15. What is Ken studying for?
(a) His school finals.
(b) His college finals.
(c) The weekly quiz.
(d) His driving test.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the Japanese housed when there are no apartments left?
2. Where do the buses take the Sakane family?
3. Who has Emiko been brought up by?
4. What kind of bird is Old Salt?
5. What does Mrs. Sakane serve to the two policeman and the FBI agent?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)