|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mr. Sakane have to accompany the police?
(a) The army hospital.
(b) The army barracks.
(c) The neighborhood police station.
(d) The central police station.
2. What are the mattresses stuffed with?
3. Why do people wear bandannas around their mouths?
(a) So they don't beathe in the horse manure.
(b) To filter the dust.
(c) To prevent people talking to them.
(d) As a fashion statement.
4. What prompts the two policeman to leave the Sakanes' house?
(a) A scream.
(b) A telephone call.
(c) A gun shot.
(d) A radio broadcast.
5. What is the name of the girl Yuki meets in the hallway?
(a) Yoko Gardona.
(b) Emiko Kurihara.
(c) Yuka Fillomara.
(d) Mara Golina.
6. What does Mr. Sakane want to change into?
(a) His American clothes.
(b) His casual wear.
(c) His business suit.
(d) His wedding suit.
7. From where has Ken come back home?
(a) The library.
(c) The park.
(d) The museum.
8. What does a boy at school call Yuki?
(a) A pathetic Jap.
(b) A slutty Jap.
(c) An ugly Jap.
(d) A dirty Jap.
9. What house are the Sakane family assigned to?
(a) House 5.
(b) Number 2.
(c) Barracks 16.
(d) Stall 8.
10. Which of Yuki's pets waits with her in the garden?
(a) Pepper and the gray carp.
(b) Old Salt and the gray carp.
(c) Jack Frost and Pepper.
(d) Old Salt and Pepper.
11. What has Tanforan been converted from?
(a) A baseball field.
(b) A race track.
(c) A tennis center.
(d) A football field.
12. What does the Sakane family have to sell?
(a) Their sword collections.
(b) Their furniture.
(c) Their book collections.
(d) Their paintings.
13. Where does the Sakanes' neighbor drive them to?
(a) The train station.
(b) The Civil Control Station.
(c) The airport.
(d) The Army Barracks.
14. Who can the Sakane family hear through the wall?
(a) Their neighbors.
(b) Security guards.
15. Who does the schoolteacher say are citizens?
(a) The Nisei.
(b) The Doosra.
(c) The Issi.
(d) The Obis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city have the authorities detained Mr. Sakane in?
2. What does Yuki wish her mother did with the treats?
3. What does the Sakanes' apartment smell of?
4. What does Yuki's mother say is not available?
5. What does Yuki notice have been painted onto the walls of the apartment?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)