|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is registered as the head of the Sakane household?
(a) Mrs. Sakane.
(c) Mr. Sakane.
2. What sport does Ken like to play?
3. What kind of bird is Old Salt?
(a) A parrot.
(b) A crow.
(c) A canary.
(d) A sparrow.
4. What is the name of Yuki's older brother?
5. What does Mr. Sakane want to change into?
(a) His casual wear.
(b) His business suit.
(c) His American clothes.
(d) His wedding suit.
6. What is the title of chapter nine?
(a) A Funny Rumor.
(b) An Old Rumor.
(c) A Dirty Rumor.
(d) A New Rumor.
7. Who does Yuki have to give Pepper to?
(a) An army general.
(b) A Chinese family.
(c) A shopkeeper.
(d) A college student.
8. Who does Mr. Toda's friend think will win the war?
9. What does a boy at school call Yuki?
(a) An ugly Jap.
(b) A slutty Jap.
(c) A pathetic Jap.
(d) A dirty Jap.
10. What is Mr. Toda doing with his friend?
(b) Watching girls.
(c) Playing a game.
11. Who drives the family to San Francisco?
(a) Mrs. Sakane.
12. What special day is Yuki excited about?
(b) New Years.
(d) Her birthday.
13. Which of his father's possessions does Ken sell?
(a) His gun.
(b) His glasses.
(c) His binoculars.
(d) His camera.
14. Why does Ken say he cannot go to university?
(a) He has to help the family.
(b) He can't leave the camp.
(c) The Japanese would not be welcome.
(d) He does not have any money.
15. What is Tanforan surrounded by?
(a) Metal fences.
(b) A concrete wall.
(c) Wire fences.
(d) Electric shields.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else other than the Nelsons come to visit the Sakane family?
2. What does Yuki's mother say is not available?
3. What happens on April 21, 1942?
4. What is the name of Yuki who comes to visit her at the camp?
5. Why do people wear bandannas around their mouths?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)