|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the Sakanes' non-Japanese neighbors send protest letters to?
(a) Newspapers and politicians.
(b) Washington and the army.
(c) Radio and televsion stations.
(d) The FBI and the police.
2. Which of his father's possessions does Ken sell?
(a) His gun.
(b) His camera.
(c) His binoculars.
(d) His glasses.
3. What is the name of the girl Yuki meets in the hallway?
(a) Yuka Fillomara.
(b) Yoko Gardona.
(c) Emiko Kurihara.
(d) Mara Golina.
4. What does a boy at school call Yuki?
(a) A slutty Jap.
(b) A pathetic Jap.
(c) A dirty Jap.
(d) An ugly Jap.
5. What do the Japanese Americans have to do at 8 p.m. every night?
(a) Salute the American flag.
(b) Stay in their area.
(c) Report to the police station.
(d) Sing the American national anthem.
6. What does the postcard say Mr. Sakane needs?
(a) Some newspapers and his medication.
(b) His glasses and some reading material.
(c) Clothing and a shaving kit.
(d) Towels and some books.
7. What do the people in the camp wear around their nose and mouth?
8. What news does the Sakane family hear on the radio?
(a) The Japanese have signed an agreement with the Nazis.
(b) The Japanese have arrested 1,000 Americans living in Japan.
(c) The Japanese have attacked Pearl Harbor.
(d) The Japanese have declared war on America.
9. Why does Ken say he cannot go to university?
(a) He can't leave the camp.
(b) He has to help the family.
(c) The Japanese would not be welcome.
(d) He does not have any money.
10. Where does Mr. Sakane have to accompany the police?
(a) The army barracks.
(b) The army hospital.
(c) The neighborhood police station.
(d) The central police station.
11. In what does Ken invest?
(a) War bonds.
(b) The stock market.
(c) Book bonds.
(d) Broker bonds.
12. What do the newlyweds do instead of leaving the camp?
(a) Drive around the perimeter several times.
(b) Spend time in the warden's room.
(c) Hide in a shed.
(d) Dig a hole in the ground.
13. From where has Ken come back home?
(a) The museum.
(b) The library.
(d) The park.
14. What do the Sakanes' non Japanese friends express?
15. What house are the Sakane family assigned to?
(a) Barracks 16.
(b) Number 2.
(c) Stall 8.
(d) House 5.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tanforan surrounded by?
2. What is the title of chapter eight?
3. What special day is Yuki excited about?
4. What do the Sakanes eat with their hot chocolate?
5. What it is the title of the fifth chapter?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)