|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Sakanes' apartment smell of?
(a) A public toilet.
(b) A sewer.
(c) Body odor.
(d) Horse manure.
2. What does Yuki's mother say is not available?
(c) Hot water.
3. Who does Yuki give her canary to?
(a) Mr. Robertson.
(b) Mrs. Jamison.
(c) Mr, Rogers.
(d) Mrs. Davison.
4. Why does Ken say he cannot go to university?
(a) The Japanese would not be welcome.
(b) He does not have any money.
(c) He has to help the family.
(d) He can't leave the camp.
5. Who can the Sakane family hear through the wall?
(a) Their neighbors.
(c) Security guards.
6. What it is the title of the fifth chapter?
(a) Inside the Barbed Wire.
(b) Cleaning the Mind.
(c) Forced Entry.
7. What is Ken studying for?
(a) His driving test.
(b) His school finals.
(c) His college finals.
(d) The weekly quiz.
8. What does Mr. Sakane want to change into?
(a) His business suit.
(b) His casual wear.
(c) His wedding suit.
(d) His American clothes.
9. What is the title of the sixth chapter?
(a) Home is my Homeland.
(b) Home is a Pig Sty.
(c) Home is a Horse Stall.
(d) Home is Where America is.
10. What is the title of chapter nine?
(a) An Old Rumor.
(b) A Funny Rumor.
(c) A New Rumor.
(d) A Dirty Rumor.
11. What is Tanforan surrounded by?
(a) A concrete wall.
(b) Wire fences.
(c) Electric shields.
(d) Metal fences.
12. Where does Mr. Sakane have to accompany the police?
(a) The army hospital.
(b) The neighborhood police station.
(c) The army barracks.
(d) The central police station.
13. Where are the Japanese housed when there are no apartments left?
(a) The bars.
(b) The hallways.
(c) The toilets.
(d) The kitchens.
14. What does a boy at school call Yuki?
(a) A slutty Jap.
(b) An ugly Jap.
(c) A pathetic Jap.
(d) A dirty Jap.
15. What does Mrs. Jamison give Yuki for Christmas?
(a) A diamond ring.
(b) A pearl necklace.
(c) A pearl ring.
(d) A diamond necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Yuki say she wants to win the war?
2. What happens on April 21, 1942?
3. What is the title of chapter eight?
4. Where does Mrs. Jamison's visit take place?
5. Who has Emiko been brought up by?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)