|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Toda doing with his friend?
(a) Playing a game.
(b) Watching girls.
2. Who does Yuki give her canary to?
(a) Mr. Robertson.
(b) Mrs. Jamison.
(c) Mr, Rogers.
(d) Mrs. Davison.
3. What month are the Sakane family taken to the Civil Control Station?
4. What does Mr. Sakane want to change into?
(a) His business suit.
(b) His wedding suit.
(c) His American clothes.
(d) His casual wear.
5. What does Mrs. Sakane spend the night doing before evacuation?
(a) Sweeping the floor.
(b) Hoovering the carpets.
(c) Cleaning the dishes.
(d) Polishing the shelves.
6. Which of the people who rang the Sakanes' doorbell remains at the house?
(a) The FBI agent.
(b) The Secret Service agent.
(c) The police officer.
(d) The CIA agent.
7. In what does Ken invest?
(a) The stock market.
(b) War bonds.
(c) Broker bonds.
(d) Book bonds.
8. What does Ken sign up for?
(a) The army.
(b) The Navy.
(c) Tactical Defence.
(d) Civil Defense.
9. What special day is Yuki excited about?
(b) New Years.
(d) Her birthday.
10. What are the Sakanes' belongings loaded onto?
(a) A truck.
(b) A helicopter.
(c) A bus.
(d) An airplane.
11. Why do people wear bandannas around their mouths?
(a) To prevent people talking to them.
(b) So they don't beathe in the horse manure.
(c) To filter the dust.
(d) As a fashion statement.
12. What does the FBI agent tell people who ring the house?
(a) The Sakanes are enemies.
(b) The Sakanes are dead.
(c) The Sakanes are unavailable.
(d) The Sakanes are moving away.
13. Who does Yuki have to give Pepper to?
(a) An army general.
(b) A college student.
(c) A shopkeeper.
(d) A Chinese family.
14. What happens on April 21, 1942?
(a) Japan attacks Pearl Harbor.
(b) Mr. Sakane dies.
(c) The evacuation is ordered.
(d) Ken proposes to his girlfriend.
15. Why does Ken say he cannot go to university?
(a) He has to help the family.
(b) He can't leave the camp.
(c) He does not have any money.
(d) The Japanese would not be welcome.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the sixth chapter?
2. What have the authorities laid on the apartment floor?
3. What does a boy at school call Yuki?
4. Who has Emiko been brought up by?
5. What is the title of chapter nine?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)