|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Yuki want to take with her to the camp?
(b) Old Salt.
(c) Tony Tiger.
(d) Jack Frost.
2. In what does Ken invest?
(a) War bonds.
(b) The stock market.
(c) Book bonds.
(d) Broker bonds.
3. What do the newlyweds do instead of leaving the camp?
(a) Spend time in the warden's room.
(b) Dig a hole in the ground.
(c) Drive around the perimeter several times.
(d) Hide in a shed.
4. In what city is the Civil Control Station located?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) Los Angeles.
5. What kind of Japanese family are the Kurihara family?
(a) New age.
(b) American Japanese.
6. What does the Sakanes' apartment smell of?
(a) Body odor.
(b) Horse manure.
(c) A sewer.
(d) A public toilet.
7. Who has Emiko been brought up by?
(a) Her cousins.
(b) Her aunt and uncle.
(c) Her brothers.
(d) Her grandparents.
8. What news does the Sakane family hear on the radio?
(a) The Japanese have declared war on America.
(b) The Japanese have signed an agreement with the Nazis.
(c) The Japanese have arrested 1,000 Americans living in Japan.
(d) The Japanese have attacked Pearl Harbor.
9. What it is the title of the fifth chapter?
(a) Forced Entry.
(c) Cleaning the Mind.
(d) Inside the Barbed Wire.
10. What do the Japanese Americans have to do at 8 p.m. every night?
(a) Sing the American national anthem.
(b) Salute the American flag.
(c) Stay in their area.
(d) Report to the police station.
11. From where has Ken come back home?
(a) The park.
(b) The museum.
(d) The library.
12. What are the Sakanes' belongings loaded onto?
(a) An airplane.
(b) A bus.
(c) A helicopter.
(d) A truck.
13. What special day is Yuki excited about?
(b) New Years.
(c) Her birthday.
14. What is the name of Yuki's older brother?
15. Who drives the family to San Francisco?
(b) Mrs. Sakane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city in California does Yuki live in?
2. What do the Sakanes eat with their hot chocolate?
3. What are the mattresses stuffed with?
4. What does Yuki notice have been painted onto the walls of the apartment?
5. Where did Mr. Toda live before he was evacuated?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)