|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yuki think is foolish?
(a) Leaving Berkeley.
(b) Ken selling everything.
(c) Getting rid of Pepper.
(d) Her mother cleaning the house.
2. In what state is the Army Internment Camp located?
3. Which of his father's possessions does Ken sell?
(a) His glasses.
(b) His binoculars.
(c) His camera.
(d) His gun.
4. Who is registered as the head of the Sakane household?
(b) Mrs. Sakane.
(d) Mr. Sakane.
5. What city have the authorities detained Mr. Sakane in?
(a) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) San Francisco.
6. Why do people wear bandannas around their mouths?
(a) To filter the dust.
(b) To prevent people talking to them.
(c) As a fashion statement.
(d) So they don't beathe in the horse manure.
7. Who does Mr. Toda's friend think will win the war?
8. What is the name of Yuki's older brother?
9. What is the title of chapter nine?
(a) A New Rumor.
(b) A Funny Rumor.
(c) A Dirty Rumor.
(d) An Old Rumor.
10. What do the Japanese Americans have to do at 8 p.m. every night?
(a) Stay in their area.
(b) Salute the American flag.
(c) Sing the American national anthem.
(d) Report to the police station.
11. What does Mrs. Sakane do to keep the forced evacuation off her mind?
(a) Plays card.
(b) Cleans the house.
(c) Goes on long walks.
(d) Visits friends.
12. Where does Mrs. Jamison's visit take place?
(a) A waiting room.
(b) The warden's room.
(c) Outside the camp gate.
(d) The Sakane's apartment.
13. What does Mrs. Jamison give Yuki for Christmas?
(a) A pearl ring.
(b) A diamond necklace.
(c) A diamond ring.
(d) A pearl necklace.
14. Who does Yuki want to take with her to the camp?
(a) Tony Tiger.
(b) Old Salt.
(c) Jack Frost.
15. What does Mrs. Sakane serve to the two policeman and the FBI agent?
(a) Fish and rice.
(b) Coffee and chocolate.
(c) Tea and cakes.
(d) Soup and rice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prompts the FBI agent to leave the Sakanes' house?
2. What is Ken studying for?
3. What it is the title of the fifth chapter?
4. Who does Yuki say she wants to win the war?
5. Who does Yuki have to give Pepper to?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)