|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tanforan surrounded by?
(a) Electric shields.
(b) Metal fences.
(c) A concrete wall.
(d) Wire fences.
2. Why do people wear bandannas around their mouths?
(a) To filter the dust.
(b) As a fashion statement.
(c) So they don't beathe in the horse manure.
(d) To prevent people talking to them.
3. What month are the Sakane family taken to the Civil Control Station?
4. Which of her father's flowers does Yuki sit among as she waits for her father to return?
(a) His fox gloves.
(b) His chrysanthemums.
(c) His rases.
(d) His daffodils.
5. What are the Sakanes' belongings loaded onto?
(a) A bus.
(b) A truck.
(c) A helicopter.
(d) An airplane.
6. What is the name of family 13452?
7. What does Yuki think is foolish?
(a) Leaving Berkeley.
(b) Her mother cleaning the house.
(c) Ken selling everything.
(d) Getting rid of Pepper.
8. Who does the schoolteacher say are citizens?
(a) The Doosra.
(b) The Issi.
(c) The Nisei.
(d) The Obis.
9. What do the Sakanes drink while they wait for Mr. Sakane?
(a) Hot milk.
(d) Hot chocolate.
10. What do the Sakanes' non Japanese friends express?
11. Who does Yuki have to give Pepper to?
(a) An army general.
(b) A shopkeeper.
(c) A college student.
(d) A Chinese family.
12. What is the title of chapter nine?
(a) A Dirty Rumor.
(b) A Funny Rumor.
(c) An Old Rumor.
(d) A New Rumor.
13. What does Mr. Sakane want to change into?
(a) His casual wear.
(b) His business suit.
(c) His American clothes.
(d) His wedding suit.
14. What is the name of Yuki who comes to visit her at the camp?
15. Who is registered as the head of the Sakane household?
(a) Mrs. Sakane.
(d) Mr. Sakane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Sakane say his prison room is full of?
2. What city does Mimi Nelson live in?
3. What happens on April 21, 1942?
4. Why have the authorities allowed Emiko's grandfather to stay at home?
5. In what does Ken invest?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)