|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sport does Ken like to play?
2. Why have the authorities allowed Emiko's grandfather to stay at home?
(a) He works fo the American government.
(b) He is too ill.
(c) He was born in America.
(d) He is too old.
3. What do the Sakanes eat with their hot chocolate?
4. What does the Sakanes' apartment smell of?
(a) Body odor.
(b) Horse manure.
(c) A sewer.
(d) A public toilet.
5. In what state is the Army Internment Camp located?
6. Why does Ken say he cannot go to university?
(a) He has to help the family.
(b) He can't leave the camp.
(c) He does not have any money.
(d) The Japanese would not be welcome.
7. What does Ken sign up for?
(a) The army.
(b) Civil Defense.
(c) Tactical Defence.
(d) The Navy.
8. What does Yuki think is foolish?
(a) Leaving Berkeley.
(b) Ken selling everything.
(c) Getting rid of Pepper.
(d) Her mother cleaning the house.
9. Who drives the family to San Francisco?
(a) Mrs. Sakane.
10. What does Mrs. Sakane share with her friends?
(a) Her magazines.
(b) Her coffee.
(c) Her money.
(d) Her treats.
11. Where are the Japanese housed when there are no apartments left?
(a) The toilets.
(b) The bars.
(c) The hallways.
(d) The kitchens.
12. What city in California does Yuki live in?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) Orange County.
13. How does Yuki say Mrs. Sakane always acts toward strangers?
14. What is the name of family 13452?
15. From where has Ken come back home?
(a) The library.
(c) The museum.
(d) The park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Yuki's pets waits with her in the garden?
2. What does Mrs. Sakane serve to the two policeman and the FBI agent?
3. Where does Mr. Sakane have to accompany the police?
4. What do the newlyweds do instead of leaving the camp?
5. What do the Sakanes drink while they wait for Mr. Sakane?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)