|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does the Sakane family hear on the radio?
(a) The Japanese have attacked Pearl Harbor.
(b) The Japanese have declared war on America.
(c) The Japanese have signed an agreement with the Nazis.
(d) The Japanese have arrested 1,000 Americans living in Japan.
2. What does the FBI agent tell people who ring the house?
(a) The Sakanes are enemies.
(b) The Sakanes are moving away.
(c) The Sakanes are unavailable.
(d) The Sakanes are dead.
3. What kind of fish does Yuki watch swimming around the yard pond?
(a) A carp.
(b) A gold fish.
(c) A salmon.
(d) A cod.
4. Which of her father's flowers does Yuki sit among as she waits for her father to return?
(a) His daffodils.
(b) His chrysanthemums.
(c) His rases.
(d) His fox gloves.
5. What do the people in the camp wear around their nose and mouth?
6. Who does Yuki give her canary to?
(a) Mr. Robertson.
(b) Mrs. Davison.
(c) Mr, Rogers.
(d) Mrs. Jamison.
7. What special day is Yuki excited about?
(a) New Years.
(c) Her birthday.
8. What have the authorities converted into makeshift houses?
(a) The scorers huts.
(b) Commentry boxes.
(d) Old horse stalls.
9. What sport does Ken like to play?
10. Where did Mr. Toda live before he was evacuated?
(a) A homeless shelter.
(b) A car park.
(c) A church dormitory.
(d) A charity hospital.
11. Who drives the family to San Francisco?
(c) Mrs. Sakane.
12. What is Mr. Sakane doing when Mrs. Sakane calls the family in for dinner?
(b) Mowing the lawn.
(c) Sun bathing.
13. In what city is the Civil Control Station located?
(a) Los Angeles.
(d) San Francisco.
14. What do the Sakanes drink while they wait for Mr. Sakane?
(a) Hot chocolate.
(b) Hot milk.
15. What do the newlyweds do instead of leaving the camp?
(a) Hide in a shed.
(b) Dig a hole in the ground.
(c) Spend time in the warden's room.
(d) Drive around the perimeter several times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Sakane family have to sell?
2. What is the name of Yuki's dog?
3. What are the Sakanes' belongings loaded onto?
4. What does Mrs. Sakane do to keep the forced evacuation off her mind?
5. Where does Mr. Sakane have to accompany the police?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)