|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tanforan surrounded by?
(a) Wire fences.
(b) Electric shields.
(c) A concrete wall.
(d) Metal fences.
2. Who do the Sakanes' non-Japanese neighbors send protest letters to?
(a) The FBI and the police.
(b) Newspapers and politicians.
(c) Washington and the army.
(d) Radio and televsion stations.
3. What does Mrs. Sakane do to keep the forced evacuation off her mind?
(a) Goes on long walks.
(b) Visits friends.
(c) Cleans the house.
(d) Plays card.
4. What city does Mimi Nelson live in?
(a) Orange County.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) San Francisco.
5. What is the name of Yuki's dog?
6. What month are the Sakane family taken to the Civil Control Station?
7. What is the title of the sixth chapter?
(a) Home is Where America is.
(b) Home is a Horse Stall.
(c) Home is a Pig Sty.
(d) Home is my Homeland.
8. Who can the Sakane family hear through the wall?
(b) Their neighbors.
(d) Security guards.
9. Who does the schoolteacher say are citizens?
(a) The Issi.
(b) The Doosra.
(c) The Obis.
(d) The Nisei.
10. In what city is the Civil Control Station located?
(c) San Francisco.
(d) Los Angeles.
11. What is Ken studying for?
(a) His driving test.
(b) The weekly quiz.
(c) His college finals.
(d) His school finals.
12. Who is Ken meeting in the waiting room?
(a) His school teacher.
(b) Friends from university.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) His half brother.
13. What happens on April 21, 1942?
(a) Ken proposes to his girlfriend.
(b) Mr. Sakane dies.
(c) The evacuation is ordered.
(d) Japan attacks Pearl Harbor.
14. What does Mr. Sakane want to change into?
(a) His American clothes.
(b) His business suit.
(c) His wedding suit.
(d) His casual wear.
15. Which of Yuki's pets waits with her in the garden?
(a) Old Salt and Pepper.
(b) Old Salt and the gray carp.
(c) Jack Frost and Pepper.
(d) Pepper and the gray carp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does the Sakane family hear on the radio?
2. What are the mattresses stuffed with?
3. What does Mrs. Sakane share with her friends?
4. What does Ken sign up for?
5. Where does Mr. Sakane have to accompany the police?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)