|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city have the authorities detained Mr. Sakane in?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
2. What do the people in the camp wear around their nose and mouth?
3. What city in California does Yuki live in?
(a) Orange County.
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) San Francisco.
4. Who does Yuki want to take with her to the camp?
(a) Old Salt.
(c) Jack Frost.
(d) Tony Tiger.
5. What does Mrs. Sakane read everyday?
(a) The newspapers.
(b) The Koran.
(c) The Torah.
(d) The Bible.
6. What do the Sakanes' non Japanese friends express?
7. What house are the Sakane family assigned to?
(a) House 5.
(b) Number 2.
(c) Stall 8.
(d) Barracks 16.
8. Who does Yuki have to give Pepper to?
(a) A college student.
(b) A shopkeeper.
(c) A Chinese family.
(d) An army general.
9. What does Mrs. Sakane share with her friends?
(a) Her magazines.
(b) Her coffee.
(c) Her money.
(d) Her treats.
10. What kind of fish does Yuki watch swimming around the yard pond?
(a) A salmon.
(b) A cod.
(c) A gold fish.
(d) A carp.
11. What are the mattresses stuffed with?
12. Where does Mr. Sakane have to accompany the police?
(a) The army barracks.
(b) The central police station.
(c) The neighborhood police station.
(d) The army hospital.
13. Who is registered as the head of the Sakane household?
(b) Mrs. Sakane.
(d) Mr. Sakane.
14. What does Yuki wish her mother did with the treats?
(a) Swapped them for something better.
(b) Given them back to the Jamisons.
(c) Thrown them away.
(d) Saved them for the family.
15. Who does Yuki say she wants to win the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ken say he cannot go to university?
2. What does Yuki notice have been painted onto the walls of the apartment?
3. What city does Mimi Nelson live in?
4. What do the Japanese Americans have to do at 8 p.m. every night?
5. What does the postcard say Mr. Sakane needs?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)