|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people in the camp wear around their nose and mouth?
2. What does Mrs. Sakane do to keep the forced evacuation off her mind?
(a) Cleans the house.
(b) Visits friends.
(c) Goes on long walks.
(d) Plays card.
3. Who does Mr. Toda's friend think will win the war?
4. What is the name of Yuki's dog?
5. Which of his father's possessions does Ken sell?
(a) His glasses.
(b) His binoculars.
(c) His gun.
(d) His camera.
6. What happens on April 21, 1942?
(a) Mr. Sakane dies.
(b) The evacuation is ordered.
(c) Japan attacks Pearl Harbor.
(d) Ken proposes to his girlfriend.
7. What are the mattresses stuffed with?
8. What do the Japanese Americans have to do at 8 p.m. every night?
(a) Stay in their area.
(b) Sing the American national anthem.
(c) Report to the police station.
(d) Salute the American flag.
9. What does the Sakane family have to sell?
(a) Their paintings.
(b) Their sword collections.
(c) Their furniture.
(d) Their book collections.
10. What have the horse troughs been converted into?
11. What does the Sakanes' apartment smell of?
(a) A sewer.
(b) Horse manure.
(c) Body odor.
(d) A public toilet.
12. Who does Yuki have to give Pepper to?
(a) A college student.
(b) An army general.
(c) A shopkeeper.
(d) A Chinese family.
13. Where does Mr. Sakane have to accompany the police?
(a) The army barracks.
(b) The central police station.
(c) The neighborhood police station.
(d) The army hospital.
14. What is the title of chapter eight?
(a) Ken Spoils a Party.
(b) Have You Ever Fallen In Love.
(d) It is My Party.
15. Who does Yuk say spoils the party?
(a) Mrs. Sakane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person in the family to go to bed?
2. What is Tanforan surrounded by?
3. What have the authorities laid on the apartment floor?
4. Where does Mr. Sakane say the authorities are sending him to?
5. Which of her father's flowers does Yuki sit among as she waits for her father to return?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)