|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Japanese Americans have to do at 8 p.m. every night?
(a) Stay in their area.
(b) Sing the American national anthem.
(c) Report to the police station.
(d) Salute the American flag.
2. Who does Yuki want to take with her to the camp?
(b) Jack Frost.
(c) Tony Tiger.
(d) Old Salt.
3. Who does Yuk say spoils the party?
(d) Mrs. Sakane.
4. Which of the people who rang the Sakanes' doorbell remains at the house?
(a) The CIA agent.
(b) The Secret Service agent.
(c) The FBI agent.
(d) The police officer.
5. What has Tanforan been converted from?
(a) A race track.
(b) A baseball field.
(c) A tennis center.
(d) A football field.
6. Why have the authorities allowed Emiko's grandfather to stay at home?
(a) He is too old.
(b) He is too ill.
(c) He works fo the American government.
(d) He was born in America.
7. Where does Mr. Sakane say the authorities are sending him to?
(a) An Army Internment Camp.
(b) A homeless shelter.
(c) A high security prison.
(d) Back to Japan.
8. What have the horse troughs been converted into?
9. Who does the schoolteacher say are citizens?
(a) The Nisei.
(b) The Doosra.
(c) The Obis.
(d) The Issi.
10. What does Mrs. Sakane spend the night doing before evacuation?
(a) Polishing the shelves.
(b) Sweeping the floor.
(c) Cleaning the dishes.
(d) Hoovering the carpets.
11. Who can the Sakane family hear through the wall?
(a) Their neighbors.
(c) Security guards.
12. What happens on April 21, 1942?
(a) The evacuation is ordered.
(b) Ken proposes to his girlfriend.
(c) Mr. Sakane dies.
(d) Japan attacks Pearl Harbor.
13. Where did Mr. Toda live before he was evacuated?
(a) A charity hospital.
(b) A car park.
(c) A homeless shelter.
(d) A church dormitory.
14. What news does the Sakane family hear on the radio?
(a) The Japanese have signed an agreement with the Nazis.
(b) The Japanese have declared war on America.
(c) The Japanese have arrested 1,000 Americans living in Japan.
(d) The Japanese have attacked Pearl Harbor.
15. What is the name of the girl Yuki meets in the hallway?
(a) Mara Golina.
(b) Yuka Fillomara.
(c) Yoko Gardona.
(d) Emiko Kurihara.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yuki wish her mother did with the treats?
2. What do the Sakanes drink while they wait for Mr. Sakane?
3. What city does Mimi Nelson live in?
4. Who is the first person in the family to go to bed?
5. What is the title of chapter nine?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)