|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mr. Sakane have to accompany the police?
(a) The neighborhood police station.
(b) The central police station.
(c) The army barracks.
(d) The army hospital.
2. Why have the authorities allowed Emiko's grandfather to stay at home?
(a) He is too old.
(b) He is too ill.
(c) He was born in America.
(d) He works fo the American government.
3. How does Yuki say Mrs. Sakane always acts toward strangers?
4. What does Mr. Sakane say his prison room is full of?
5. What is the name of family 13452?
6. What is the name of the girl Yuki meets in the hallway?
(a) Mara Golina.
(b) Yoko Gardona.
(c) Emiko Kurihara.
(d) Yuka Fillomara.
7. What do the Japanese Americans have to do at 8 p.m. every night?
(a) Stay in their area.
(b) Report to the police station.
(c) Salute the American flag.
(d) Sing the American national anthem.
8. Who comes to visit the Sakane family?
(a) Mr. Jamison.
(b) Mr. Toda.
(c) Mr. Peona.
(d) Mr. Toga.
9. What are the mattresses stuffed with?
10. Who does the schoolteacher say are citizens?
(a) The Issi.
(b) The Nisei.
(c) The Obis.
(d) The Doosra.
11. What is the name of Yuki's older brother?
12. What is Ken studying for?
(a) His college finals.
(b) His school finals.
(c) His driving test.
(d) The weekly quiz.
13. Who does Yuki want to take with her to the camp?
(a) Jack Frost.
(b) Tony Tiger.
(c) Old Salt.
14. What does Mrs. Jamison give Yuki for Christmas?
(a) A diamond necklace.
(b) A pearl ring.
(c) A pearl necklace.
(d) A diamond ring.
15. Which of the people who rang the Sakanes' doorbell remains at the house?
(a) The Secret Service agent.
(b) The FBI agent.
(c) The police officer.
(d) The CIA agent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport does Ken like to play?
2. What have the horse troughs been converted into?
3. What do the people in the camp wear around their nose and mouth?
4. Where are the Japanese housed when there are no apartments left?
5. Who does Yuk say spoils the party?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)