|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yuki notice have been painted onto the walls of the apartment?
2. What city have the authorities detained Mr. Sakane in?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
3. What does the Sakane family have to sell?
(a) Their paintings.
(b) Their furniture.
(c) Their sword collections.
(d) Their book collections.
4. What does Mrs. Jamison give Yuki for Christmas?
(a) A pearl necklace.
(b) A diamond necklace.
(c) A diamond ring.
(d) A pearl ring.
5. What do the Sakanes eat with their hot chocolate?
6. Who does the schoolteacher say are citizens?
(a) The Obis.
(b) The Doosra.
(c) The Nisei.
(d) The Issi.
7. What is the title of chapter eight?
(a) Have You Ever Fallen In Love.
(c) Ken Spoils a Party.
(d) It is My Party.
8. What is the name of Yuki's dog?
9. What kind of fish does Yuki watch swimming around the yard pond?
(a) A gold fish.
(b) A carp.
(c) A salmon.
(d) A cod.
10. What does a boy at school call Yuki?
(a) An ugly Jap.
(b) A slutty Jap.
(c) A pathetic Jap.
(d) A dirty Jap.
11. What does Yuki's mother say is not available?
(b) Hot water.
12. Where does the Sakanes' neighbor drive them to?
(a) The train station.
(b) The airport.
(c) The Civil Control Station.
(d) The Army Barracks.
13. What is the title of the seventh chapter?
(a) A New Friend.
(b) An Old Friend.
(c) All Friends.
(d) No Friends.
14. What does Mrs. Sakane read everyday?
(a) The Torah.
(b) The Koran.
(c) The newspapers.
(d) The Bible.
15. How does Yuki say Mrs. Sakane always acts toward strangers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What have the authorities converted into makeshift houses?
2. Which of Yuki's pets waits with her in the garden?
3. What does Mrs. Sakane serve to the two policeman and the FBI agent?
4. What does Yuki wish her mother did with the treats?
5. Who is the first person in the family to go to bed?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)