|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Ken Spoils a Party.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason have the authorities given for detaining Mr. Sakane?
(a) For an unnamed crime.
(b) Purposes of national security.
(c) For his recent contact with his homeland.
(d) For political beliefs.
2. What is the name of the girl Yuki meets in the hallway?
(a) Yuka Fillomara.
(b) Emiko Kurihara.
(c) Yoko Gardona.
(d) Mara Golina.
3. What prompts the two policeman to leave the Sakanes' house?
(a) A radio broadcast.
(b) A telephone call.
(c) A scream.
(d) A gun shot.
4. What happens on April 21, 1942?
(a) Japan attacks Pearl Harbor.
(b) Ken proposes to his girlfriend.
(c) The evacuation is ordered.
(d) Mr. Sakane dies.
5. What do the Sakanes' non Japanese friends express?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Yuki give her canary to?
2. Where does Mrs. Jamison's visit take place?
3. Which of his father's possessions does Ken sell?
4. In what city is the Civil Control Station located?
5. What is Mr. Sakane doing when Mrs. Sakane calls the family in for dinner?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)