|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, A Lonely Christmas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Yuki's pets waits with her in the garden?
(a) Old Salt and Pepper.
(b) Old Salt and the gray carp.
(c) Pepper and the gray carp.
(d) Jack Frost and Pepper.
2. What news does the Sakane family hear on the radio?
(a) The Japanese have arrested 1,000 Americans living in Japan.
(b) The Japanese have declared war on America.
(c) The Japanese have attacked Pearl Harbor.
(d) The Japanese have signed an agreement with the Nazis.
3. From where has Ken come back home?
(a) The museum.
(b) The library.
(d) The park.
4. What kind of bird is Old Salt?
(a) A canary.
(b) A crow.
(c) A parrot.
(d) A sparrow.
5. Who is the first person in the family to go to bed?
(c) Mrs. Sakane.
(d) Mr. Sakane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of her father's flowers does Yuki sit among as she waits for her father to return?
2. How does Yuki say Mrs. Sakane always acts toward strangers?
3. What sport does Ken like to play?
4. What city have the authorities detained Mr. Sakane in?
5. What city in California does Yuki live in?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)