|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Inside the Barbed Wire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason have the authorities given for detaining Mr. Sakane?
(a) For his recent contact with his homeland.
(b) Purposes of national security.
(c) For an unnamed crime.
(d) For political beliefs.
2. What is the name of family 13452?
3. Where does Mr. Sakane have to accompany the police?
(a) The army barracks.
(b) The central police station.
(c) The neighborhood police station.
(d) The army hospital.
4. What does Mrs. Sakane read everyday?
(a) The Torah.
(b) The Koran.
(c) The newspapers.
(d) The Bible.
5. Which of Yuki's pets waits with her in the garden?
(a) Pepper and the gray carp.
(b) Jack Frost and Pepper.
(c) Old Salt and the gray carp.
(d) Old Salt and Pepper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prompts the two policeman to leave the Sakanes' house?
2. Which of the people who rang the Sakanes' doorbell remains at the house?
3. What news does the Sakane family hear on the radio?
4. What does Mrs. Sakane do to keep the forced evacuation off her mind?
5. What is Mr. Sakane doing when Mrs. Sakane calls the family in for dinner?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)