Chapter 1, Stranger at the Door
1. What special day is Yuki excited about?
(a) Her birthday.
(d) New Years.
2. What city in California does Yuki live in?
(a) Orange County.
(b) San Francisco.
(d) Los Angeles.
3. What is the name of Yuki's dog?
4. What kind of fish does Yuki watch swimming around the yard pond?
(a) A carp.
(b) A cod.
(c) A salmon.
(d) A gold fish.
5. What is Mr. Sakane doing when Mrs. Sakane calls the family in for dinner?
(b) Mowing the lawn.
(c) Sun bathing.
6. What kind of bird is Old Salt?
(a) A sparrow.
(b) A parrot.
(c) A crow.
(d) A canary.
7. What news does the Sakane family hear on the radio?
(a) The Japanese have attacked Pearl Harbor.
(b) The Japanese have declared war on America.
(c) The Japanese have arrested 1,000 Americans living in Japan.
(d) The Japanese have signed an agreement with the Nazis.
8. Where does Mr. Sakane have to accompany the police?
(a) The central police station.
(b) The neighborhood police station.
(c) The army hospital.
(d) The army barracks.
This section contains 3,290 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)