|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is throwing the party in Section 23?
2. In Section 14, what idea does Robinson have for Bardamu and himself?
3. What is the name of the concierge's nephew?
4. What is the name of the suburb Bardamu lives in when he returns to France?
5. Why does Bardamu get the job of treating Bebert?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robinson's appearance in Section 13 mean?
2. What profession does Bardamu take on in Section 15?
3. What happens with Doctor Baryton?
4. Who does Bardamu go to for money in Section 13?
5. What do we terribly suspect Robinson of doing in Section 23?
6. What does Dr. Paraprine advise Bardamu to do?
7. What does Bardamu hate about New York City?
8. What criticism does Bardamu offer for the scientific and medical communities?
9. Who is Molly?
10. What is curious about the Grandma Henrouille case?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is Bardamu's low evaluation of human nature justified? Do people behave differently under some conditions than others?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the relationship and the difference between the rich and the poor sectors of society in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author’s critique of science, as posed through the character of Dr. Paraprine. Do you think that the author justified in his remarks?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)