|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bardemu suspect about the dreadful news he hears just as he is leaving Toulouse?
2. How much money does Grandma Henrouille earn from her job?
3. What is Pomone's job?
4. At the end of Section 24, where does Baryton decide to travel to?
5. In what way in Section 18 does Bardamu think Robinson is being honest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bardamu hate about New York City?
2. What is Dr. Paraprine taken to doing in Section 20?
3. What distresses Bardamu about his new profession in Section 15?
4. What does Dr. Paraprine advise Bardamu to do?
5. What happens with Doctor Baryton?
6. Why is Bardamu suddenly disillusioned with the Tarapout Theater in Section 21?
7. Why is Bardamu happy for the first time for a long time at the beginning of Section 21?
8. Why is Bardamu despairing of Robinson and Madelon's lifestyle?
9. What does Bebert fall ill from?
10. Who is Molly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of Bardamu's character.
Essay Topic 2
Keeping Princhard's speech in mind, is unlimited patriotism always a good thing?
Essay Topic 3
The Journey To The End Of Night is set during and after the First World War, a world radically different than our own. Does the novel bear any relevance to our own times, our own society? Discuss.
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)