|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What side-job does Baryton give Bardemu?
2. In Section 13, what does Bardamu remind Lola of?
3. What dreadful news does Bardemu hear just as he is leaving Toulouse?
4. In what way in Section 18 does Bardamu think Robinson is being honest?
5. Why is Robinson angry at Grandma Henrouille in Section 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Bardamu suddenly disillusioned with the Tarapout Theater in Section 21?
2. What profession does Bardamu enter into when he returns to Paris?
3. Why is Bardamu disgusted with the midwife?
4. What is Robinson's grisly plan?
5. What does Dr. Paraprine advise Bardamu to do?
6. What is Dr. Paraprine taken to doing in Section 20?
7. What does Robinson's appearance in Section 13 mean?
8. Why does Bardamu gain a bad reputation as a doctor?
9. Why is Bardamu happy for the first time for a long time at the beginning of Section 21?
10. Why does Bardamu go to Detroit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Bardamu's experience in Africa and compare it to his voyage to the United States.
Essay Topic 2
Keeping Princhard's speech in mind, is unlimited patriotism always a good thing?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism of the Asylum in the novel, both the asylum that Bardamu finds himself incarcerated in and the one that he ends up overseeing.
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)