|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What scam does Voireuse have, which he allows Bardamu to join him on?
(a) He plans to breed pigs
(b) He plans to beg on the streets
(c) He tells war stories to parents of soldiers for money
(d) He plans to breed rabbits
2. As stated in Section 3, how is Robinson similar to Bardamu?
(a) They both come from the same hometown
(b) They both have the same color eyes
(c) They both long to die in battle for their country
(d) They both wish to flee the war
3. Who does Bardamu meet at his trading outpost in Section 10?
4. Whose house do Robinson and Bardamu visit in the village of Noirceur?
(a) The Mayor's
(b) The doctor's
(c) The councillor's
(d) The police officer's
5. What instrument does Musyne play?
(a) The harp
(b) The guitar
(c) The violin
(d) The whistle
6. Who is the main character?
(a) Leon Robinson
(c) Ferdinand Bardamu
(d) Doctor Paraprine
7. Whom does Bardamu meet in Paris that he falls in lust for?
8. What is the only thing that Bardamu wishes for in Section 9?
(a) To go back to the war
(b) To go back to the hospital
(c) To go back to Paris
(d) To get out of the jungle
9. Who is being celebrated in the public occasion Bardamu sees passing his window?
(a) New recruits for the army
(d) Returning war heroes
10. According to Bardamu, why do the whites work so hard in the colonies?
(a) They have fantasies about becoming rich
(b) They will be beaten otherwise
(c) Life is so hard
(d) They are hard-working citizens
11. Why is the town that Bardamu is sent to investigate so suspicious?
(a) Because it is so wealthy
(b) Because it flies a German flag
(c) Because it is so heavily armored
(d) Because it is so peaceful and unharmed
12. What does Bardamu call the condition that he and those he is jailed with have in Section 5?
(a) An impaired sense of patriotism
(c) Shell shock
13. Where does Bardamu decide to go in Section 9?
(a) The first outpost before the jungle
(d) The last outpost before the jungle
14. Why does Bardamu suddenly join a parade?
(a) So he can win a medal
(b) To attack his nation's enemies
(c) To feel like a hero
(d) For the money
15. What does Princhard believe will happen to himself?
(a) That he will be sent to his family
(b) That he will be pardoned
(c) That he will be sent back to the front
(d) That he will be shot for treason
Short Answer Questions
1. What dangerous creatures does Bardamu attempt to fend off in Section 8?
2. What does Bardamu think the Manhattan Banks are similar to?
3. What is Bardamu surprised at while shopping in Africa?
4. Where does Lola and Bardamu go that sparks Bardamu's nervous breakdown?
5. What does the bearded man in Section 10 do to Bardamu?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)