|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occupation does Bardamu take up in Africa?
(a) Jewel smith
(d) Managing a trading outpost
2. What happens when Bardamu tries to resign his post?
(a) He is shot for treason
(b) He is attacked for cowardice
(c) He is allowed to resign
(d) He sees his captain killed
3. Why does Bardamu feel disgusted about the culture of Paris?
(a) Because of its fashion-sense
(b) Because of its politics
(c) Because of its war-rhetoric
(d) Because of its food
4. How do the patients amuse themselves at the hospital?
(a) By attacking and playing jokes on the staff
(b) By playing pool
(c) By attempting to be more patriotic than the others
(d) By making fun of the Normals
5. Where does Lola and Bardamu go that sparks Bardamu's nervous breakdown?
(a) The hospital
(b) The carnival
(c) The cafe
(d) The town hall
6. Where will Bardamu not take shelter one day when under attack in Section 6?
(a) A butcher's meat cellar
(b) In a hospital
(c) In an air raid shelter
(d) At a carnival
7. Who does Bardamu start to hang around with in Section 7?
8. Why does Bardamu suddenly join a parade?
(a) To feel like a hero
(b) To attack his nation's enemies
(c) For the money
(d) So he can win a medal
9. What instrument does Musyne play?
(a) The guitar
(b) The violin
(c) The whistle
(d) The harp
10. In Section 12, where is Bardamu asked to go to?
(b) San Francisco
11. Where does Bardamu decide to go in Section 9?
(b) The first outpost before the jungle
(c) The last outpost before the jungle
12. What job does Bardamu get for himself in America in Section 11?
(b) Police Officer
(c) Truck Driver
(d) Immigration Office Employee
13. In what year does the book start?
14. Why are the other passengers on the steamboat suspicious of Bardamu?
(a) He is the only Frenchman
(b) He is the only paying passenger
(c) He dresses very well
(d) He was once a soldier
15. What does Bardamu think he is going to find in America?
(a) There are poor people there, too
(b) Everyone there is beautiful
(c) Everyone there is rich
(d) Everyone there adheres to one religion
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession do the Putas belong to?
2. What dangerous creatures does Bardamu attempt to fend off in Section 8?
3. What public occasion does Bardamu see passing his window?
4. What does Bardamu feel about the German people?
5. What does Princhard believe will happen to himself?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)