|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bardamu wake up after his illness in Section 11?
(a) On a boat
(b) In a hospital
(c) In Paris
(d) In a church
2. In Section 11, how does Bardamu survive the jungle?
(a) He finds Alcide
(b) He meets Robinson
(c) He is carried out by natives
(d) He treks out on his own
3. What does Bardamu think the Manhattan Banks are similar to?
(a) Military hospitals
(c) The jungles
4. What public occasion does Bardamu see passing his window?
(a) A carnival
(b) A fete
(c) A march
(d) A baptism
5. Why does Bardamu feel disgusted about the culture of Paris?
(a) Because of its food
(b) Because of its fashion-sense
(c) Because of its war-rhetoric
(d) Because of its politics
6. Who does Bardamu start to hang around with in Section 7?
7. What happens when Bardamu tries to resign his post?
(a) He is attacked for cowardice
(b) He sees his captain killed
(c) He is allowed to resign
(d) He is shot for treason
8. What role does Bardamu perform in the army?
9. What dangerous creatures does Bardamu attempt to fend off in Section 8?
10. Whom does Bardamu meet in Paris that he falls in lust for?
11. Which of the following best describes Bardamu's personality?
12. Why does Bardamu suddenly join a parade?
(a) So he can win a medal
(b) For the money
(c) To feel like a hero
(d) To attack his nation's enemies
13. How are the inmates in Section 5 cured?
(a) Anti-depressant medication
(b) Speeches and electroshock therapy
(c) They are threatened with death on a regular basis
14. What has the father in Section 7 already done?
(a) Given his money to Robinson
(b) Gone out
(c) Hung himself
(d) Welcomed home his son
15. Whom do they find at the house when they arrive there?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bardamu realize has happened to him in Section 11 after he wakes up from his illness?
2. In Section 4, where does Bardamu begin the narrative?
3. What is the only thing that Bardamu wishes for in Section 9?
4. What instrument does Musyne play?
5. Why did Princhard steal?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)