|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 21-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does the book start?
2. What does Bardamu call New York City?
(a) A church
(b) A carnival
(c) A wilderness
(d) A prison
3. How does Bardamu almost become a celebrity in Section 6?
(a) His striking good looks
(b) His exploits are in the news
(c) His fake war stories are used in a play
(d) He dates a famous actress
4. Which of the following best describes Bardamu's personality?
5. What happens if the inmates in Section 5 are not cured?
(a) They are released
(b) They are shot or sent to an insane asylum
(c) They are sent abroad
(d) They are sent back to war
Short Answer Questions
1. What dangerous creatures does Bardamu attempt to fend off in Section 8?
2. What is illusory about the soldiers under Grappa and Alcide's command?
3. Why does Lola want to help France in the First World War?
4. Why is Grandma Henrouille at last happy in Section 19?
5. What ailment is the elderly man suffering that Bardamu visits in Section 18?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)