|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does everyone agree on about a particular document in Part II?
(a) It is in a linen bag.
(b) It is an original.
(c) It is a copy.
(d) It is of great value.
2. What does the narrator say is the one paradox that must be accepted?
(a) A fool is wiser than the greatest king.
(b) It is necessary to attempt the seemingly impossible.
(c) Life and death are inseparable.
(d) Love conquers all obstacles.
3. In Part I, what does the narrator realize about the Journey East?
(a) It is a single pilgrmage.
(b) It is a procession of believers moving towards the East.
(c) It brings full enlightment to each traveler.
(d) It is a long and difficult journey.
4. How does the narrator describe his country at the end of the World War?
(a) It is under the rule of a strong dictator.
(b) It is full of saviors and prophets.
(c) It is settling into a democratic time.
(d) It is enjoying a new prosperity.
5. What is the narrator's life-goal?
(a) To win the love of Princess Fatima.
(b) To travel with Roland.
(c) To understand the "Tao".
(d) To capture a magical snake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say about Leo at the end of Part I?
2. In Part I, what does the narrator say the conquered nations are ready to believe in?
3. What is the first amazing phenomenon the narrator sees in Part I's journey?
4. In Part II, what does H.H. say is the only important thing in his life?
5. How does the narrator describe the times early in Part I?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Leo's characteristics as put forth in Part II by H.H.
2. How does H.H. describe his self-reflection at the end of Part II?
3. What reason does H.H. give in Part I about readers of his memoirs not comprehending them?
4. In Part II, what does H.H. say is a well known human weakness about "things"?
5. In Part II, does H.H. believe he can tell his story?
6. Who does H.H. compare his journey and its participants to in Part II?
7. In Part II, what begins to happen to the unity of the journey members?
8. Why does H.H. say that the journey servant, Leo, seems wiser than he appears?
9. In Part I, why does H.H. say it is his "destiny" to join in a great experience?
10. Why do you think H.H. says there was a leaning towards Easter religions after the World War?
This section contains 1,049 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)