Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Part II, how does H.H. say the character's disappearance came about?
(a) That character has an emergency at home.
(b) It is a link in a chain of disasterous events.
(c) It is because of an accident.
(d) That character leaves the League.
2. What happens to H.H.'s first attempt to tell his story?
(a) He is too sad to remember the events.
(b) He loses his journal.
(c) He is brought to a halt by a single, small episode.
(d) He believes the journey is not worth remembering.
3. In Part II, what does H.H. say he would willing exchange his belief for?
(a) A chance to see the Christ child.
(b) A chance to go home.
(c) A chance to converse with Siddhartha.
(d) A more hopeful belief.
4. What does H.H. say has exaggerated value in Part II?
(a) The power of the League.
(b) A missing document.
(c) The success of the journey.
(d) Lukas' description of the World War.
5. In Part I, what holds up the journey's progress in a small provincial town?
(a) The Journey leader quits.
(b) The Prince of the provinces.
(c) Terrible flooding.
(d) The opposition of Saturn and the moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What doubts do H.H.'s memory of the journey and participants of the World War share?
2. In Part II, another person on the journey claims what about certain writings?
3. How does H.H. describe certain articles in Part II?
4. What does the Leader say about "grace" in Part I?
5. How does H.H. describe his demeanor in Part II?
Short Essay Questions
1. Give a brief description of what happens when the League President appears to judge H.H. in Part V.
2. What do Lukas and his circle of friends say in Part III about H.H.'s expedition?
3. In Part II, what does H.H. say happens when he tries to think about the events of his journey?
4. What does H.H.'s friend Lukas do for a living?
5. In Part II, what is the confusion among the members over a missing document?
6. What is H.H. thinking and feeling as Part III opens?
7. In Part II, what does H.H. say is a well known human weakness about "things"?
8. What does H.H. do after returning home at the end of Part IV?
9. In Part I, what does H.H. say is characteristic of the journey?
10. In Part I, why does H.H. say the "Third Empire" has shattered?
This section contains 1,141 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)