|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Leo described by H.H. in Part II?
(a) He is a thief.
(b) He has a handsome face and good humor.
(c) He is old and wise.
(d) He is no longer important to the journey.
2. At the beginning of Part II, where does the character leave the journey?
(b) Morbio Inferiore.
3. How does the narrator describe the times early in Part I?
(a) Remarkable times.
(b) Painful times.
(c) Prosperous times.
(d) Difficult times.
4. In Part I, who or what does the narrator meet at the riverside?
(b) Charles the Great.
(c) Puss 'n Boots.
(d) A talking peacock.
5. What is H.H.'s hope as Part II ends?
(a) He will not despair over the loss of his memoirs.
(b) He will continue his story tomorrow.
(c) He will find the strength to continue his journey.
(d) He will be able to forgive the League.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far has the journey traveled as Part II begins?
2. In Part II, how does H.H. describe what everything has become to him?
3. What does H.H. believe is the most memorable event in Part II?
4. What does the narrator says is impairing him as he starts his narration early in Part I?
5. Where do many of the journey members believe League documents are deposited?
Short Essay Questions
1. What extraordinary thing happens to each member of the journey in Morbio Inferore?
2. What is Morbio Inferiore?
3. Describe what happens to upset the journey members as Part II begins.
4. Who does H.H. compare his journey and its participants to in Part II?
5. What does H.H. say is his personal goal on the League's journey to the east?
6. How does H.H. describe his self-reflection at the end of Part II?
7. In Part I, why does H.H. decide to try to write a description of his journey?
8. What reason does H.H. give in Part I about readers of his memoirs not comprehending them?
9. What can be determined about H.H.'s mood as he begins his journey in Part I?
10. In Part II, does H.H. believe he can tell his story?
This section contains 1,056 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)