|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does H.H. say no longer exists in the group?
(a) The desire to reach their individual goals.
(b) The strength to stay on the journey.
(c) The ability to remain in the League.
(d) The desire to maintain unity.
2. What impression do most people have of the League?
(a) It is the secret protectors of Christian artifacts.
(b) It is one of many newly blossomed cults.
(c) It is an ancient group of mystics.
(d) It is a league of wonderous judges.
3. Who does the narrator meet in Part I and love immediately?
4. In Part One, who does the narrator quote as saying, "Where are we really going"?
(a) The poet Novalis.
(b) The League novitiates.
(d) The narrator.
5. Who or what occupies the narrator's thoughts the most on the journey in Part I?
(a) The Speaker.
(b) Solomon's Key.
(c) The Holy Grail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the deserter wish to do some time later?
2. What is the narrator's life-goal?
3. How far has the journey traveled as Part II begins?
4. What time of year does H.H. recall in Part II?
5. In the beginning of Part II, how does H.H. say the character's disappearance came about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What events occur in Part V as H.H. begins his research?
2. What is the person's impression of H.H. as they converse in the park in part IV?
3. In Part V, what does H.H. anticipate about being summoned to the League?
4. What happens when the whistling stops at the beginning of Part IV?
5. What is H.H. thinking and feeling as Part III opens?
6. Explain what H.H. says happens to the journey in Part III.
7. What does H.H. say is his personal goal on the League's journey to the east?
8. In Part V, what item does H.H. recognize as he awaits the decision of the League officials?
9. How do people not on the journey get news of the League journey?
10. In Part IV, how does H.H. feel as he and the person he has been speaking with part ways?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)