|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part II, how does H.H. describe what everything has become to him?
(a) Hazy memories that disappear like a mist.
(b) A mass of separate fragmentory pictures.
(c) Clear images reflected in a mirror.
(d) Nightmares that keep him from falling asleep.
2. What is the first amazing phenomenon the narrator sees in Part I's journey?
(a) Leo turning himself into a dog.
(b) Agramant fighting the League leader.
(c) The Child Savior showing the way east.
(d) Saint Christopher pointing to the left.
3. Who does the narrator meet in Part I and love immediately?
4. Where do many of the journey members believe League documents are deposited?
(a) In an ancient Greek library.
(b) In four old capitals.
(c) In the League Library at Zurich.
(d) In a temple in Rome.
5. What does the Leader say about "grace" in Part I?
(a) Once found it cannot be lost.
(b) It cannot be bought.
(c) It is regained by repentance.
(d) It is not recognized by common people.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Part II, where does the character leave the journey?
2. What does the narrator say is in the East that disciples are traveling towards?
3. What is the narrator's life-goal?
4. Who preserves the memory of Hohenstaufen?
5. What is it that H.H. says a historian searches for in events?
Short Essay Questions
1. What spiritual advances does H.H. say occurs just after the World War?
2. What extraordinary thing happens to each member of the journey in Morbio Inferore?
3. In Part I, why does H.H. decide to try to write a description of his journey?
4. What does H.H. say is his personal goal on the League's journey to the east?
5. What does H.H. say happens to the overall mood of the journey at the beginning of Part II?
6. What reason does H.H. give in Part I about readers of his memoirs not comprehending them?
7. In Part II, what begins to happen to the unity of the journey members?
8. In Part I, why does H.H. say the "Third Empire" has shattered?
9. In Part I, why does H.H. say it is his "destiny" to join in a great experience?
10. How does H.H. describe his self-reflection at the end of Part II?
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)