|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Leader say about "grace" in Part I?
(a) It is regained by repentance.
(b) Once found it cannot be lost.
(c) It is not recognized by common people.
(d) It cannot be bought.
2. What does the narrator do at the end of his probation year in the League?
(a) Pays his dues to become a full member.
(b) Chooses a life of poverty and prayer.
(c) Dedicates his body and soul to the Journey East.
(d) Climbs the mystical mountain to study under the League leader.
3. How does the narrator describe the times early in Part I?
(a) Painful times.
(b) Difficult times.
(c) Prosperous times.
(d) Remarkable times.
4. How does H.H. describe his demeanor in Part II?
(a) He becomes angry and sullen.
(b) He is restless.
(c) He has feelings of sadness and doubt.
(d) He becomes determined to succeed.
5. Who or what does H.H. say he will not give in to as Part III opens?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say about Leo at the end of Part I?
2. What do Lukas and his friends say about H.H.'s "Journey to the East"?
3. What does H.H. says happens when he examines things too closely?
4. In Part I, who or what does the narrator meet at the riverside?
5. In Part I, what does the narrator realize about the Journey East?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)