|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part II, what does H.H. say is the only important thing in his life?
(a) The Conquest of the Ottoman Empire.
(b) Writing his memoirs.
(c) The League's Journey East.
(d) The love of Fatima.
2. In Part I, what is Longus doing in "the wood"?
(a) Carving his enchantment flute.
(b) Writing Greek and Hebrew.
(c) Meditating with Leo.
(d) Playing with two white dogs.
3. What does H.H. say he will do no matter what happens?
(a) Reach his ultimate goal.
(b) Work until he dies.
(c) Exercise his will.
(d) Never break his vow.
4. What is H.H.'s relationship to Lukas?
(a) School friends.
(b) League members.
(d) Fellow travelers.
5. What do the man who live on the third floor do sometimes?
(a) Teach German.
(b) Pace across the floor all night.
(c) Train and trim dogs.
(d) Inerpret Ancient Greek into German.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does H.H. say he will approach his task in Part III?
2. In Part I, what does the narrator believe is his great fortune?
3. What does the deserter wish to do some time later?
4. What does Lukas say he finally was able to accomplish?
5. What does Lukas compare H.H.'s experiences on the journey to?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)