|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mohamed's coffin is believed to hold what magical power?
(a) One gains immediate entrance into paradise.
(b) One will gain the power to speak to animals.
(c) One receives the ability to judge all men righteously.
(d) One can rise one freely into the air.
2. In Part I, what does the narrator believe is his great fortune?
(a) To inherit a modest fortune.
(b) To find a rare map.
(c) To belong to the League.
(d) To be a gifted writer.
3. What belief does H.H. say he is sadly sure of?
(a) He will never meet Princess Fatima.
(b) The original League document is in Leo's bag.
(c) His health will weaken befor the Journey is complete.
(d) His friend, Lukas, is a liar.
4. What does H.H. say is stronger than reality?
5. In Part III, how does Lukas' opinion change concerning H.H.'s problem?
(a) He decides to help solve it.
(b) He begins to understand it.
(c) He treats it casually.
(d) He takes it seriously.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part I, what holds up the journey's progress in a small provincial town?
2. What does H.H. say his belief is susceptible to in Part II?
3. What does H.H. say he will do no matter what happens?
4. In Part I, what does the narrator realize about the Journey East?
5. What leads to heated arguments within the group at the beginning of Part II?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)