|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does H.H. describe certain articles in Part II?
(a) As proofs that the League existed.
(b) As meaningless ornaments of the world.
(c) As seemingly indispensable things.
(d) As precious tokens of their journey.
2. In Part I, how does the narrator describe encounters with different parties?
(a) As pleasant, festive days.
(b) Different parties are very secretive.
(c) Parties ban together for the rest of the journey.
(d) As difficult and confusing.
3. How does the narrator describe his country at the end of the World War?
(a) It is enjoying a new prosperity.
(b) It is under the rule of a strong dictator.
(c) It is settling into a democratic time.
(d) It is full of saviors and prophets.
4. In Part II, what does H.H. say he would willing exchange his belief for?
(a) A more hopeful belief.
(b) A chance to converse with Siddhartha.
(c) A chance to go home.
(d) A chance to see the Christ child.
5. What does H.H. say happens to several of the journey leaders?
(a) They leave the movement.
(b) They arre killed in battles.
(c) They become members of the League Court.
(d) They disappear mysteriously.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part I, what does the narrator believe is his great fortune?
2. What unmerited reputation does the League have in Part I?
3. According to H.H., what must the historian do to allow meaning into a narrative?
4. How does H.H. describe his demeanor in Part II?
5. In Part II, what does H.H. say is the only important thing in his life?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)