|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part I, what does the narrator say world history often seems like?
(a) Glorious revelations of previous generations.
(b) A waste of time to study.
(c) Humanity's desire to erase its memory.
(d) A short respite between national wars.
2. How does the narrator describe the times early in Part I?
(a) Remarkable times.
(b) Prosperous times.
(c) Painful times.
(d) Difficult times.
3. What happens to H.H.'s first attempt to tell his story?
(a) He is brought to a halt by a single, small episode.
(b) He loses his journal.
(c) He is too sad to remember the events.
(d) He believes the journey is not worth remembering.
4. What has Lukas been a part of?
(a) The League's leadership.
(b) A journey east.
(c) The League's court.
(d) The World War.
5. How does the narrator describe his country at the end of the World War?
(a) It is under the rule of a strong dictator.
(b) It is enjoying a new prosperity.
(c) It is settling into a democratic time.
(d) It is full of saviors and prophets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the unanimously observed rule of the group?
2. How far has the journey traveled as Part II begins?
3. What does the narrator say about Leo at the end of Part I?
4. What does H.H. describe as hallucinations?
5. According to H.H., what must the historian do to allow meaning into a narrative?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)