|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to H.H., what must the historian do to allow meaning into a narrative?
(a) Create realistic scenes with vivid imagery.
(b) Remain as true to the actual events as possible.
(c) Provide a common thread of knowlege for all of history.
(d) Invent units, heroes, nations, and ideas.
2. What does H.H. say he will do no matter what happens?
(a) Exercise his will.
(b) Never break his vow.
(c) Work until he dies.
(d) Reach his ultimate goal.
3. What does Lukas and H.H. find in a thick book?
(a) The League's directory.
(b) A secret document about the League.
(c) An address for a man named Leo.
(d) The lost letter to the Caliph.
4. What does H.H. say his belief is susceptible to in Part II?
(a) The success of the journey.
(b) The persuasion of the leader.
(c) Many different opions.
(d) The whims of his emotions.
5. At the beginning of Part II, who or what else is missing?
(a) Food needed for the rest of the journey.
(b) Instructions from the League Court.
(c) Orders from the Caliph.
(d) Other things from everyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say is the one paradox that must be accepted?
2. In Part II, another person on the journey claims what about certain writings?
3. In Part I, how does the narrator describe encounters with different parties?
4. In Part I, where does the narrator say his happiness arises from?
5. Who or what does H.H. say is the basis of his community in Part II?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)