|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doubts do H.H.'s memory of the journey and participants of the World War share?
(a) Whether or not they really experienced it.
(b) Whether their story is worth telling.
(c) Whether others care what happened to them.
(d) Whether they will ever forget.
2. How is Leo described by H.H. in Part II?
(a) He has a handsome face and good humor.
(b) He is a thief.
(c) He is old and wise.
(d) He is no longer important to the journey.
3. In Part I, what does the narrator believe is his great fortune?
(a) To belong to the League.
(b) To be a gifted writer.
(c) To inherit a modest fortune.
(d) To find a rare map.
4. What does H.H. say psychologist are?
(a) People who always win arguments.
(b) Practioners of the unconscious.
(c) People who traffic in dreams.
(d) Egotistical maniacs.
5. What does H.H. say is Lukas' point of view about the journey?
(a) He wishes to go with H.H.
(b) He is opposed to it.
(c) He is a believer.
(d) He is a skeptic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say is the one paradox that must be accepted?
2. What is it that H.H. says a historian searches for in events?
3. In Part III, how does Lukas' opinion change concerning H.H.'s problem?
4. In Part II, what does H.H. say most historians want to do?
5. In Part II, what does H.H. say is very difficult for him to do?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)