|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is H.H.'s relationship to Lukas?
(a) School friends.
(c) Fellow travelers.
(d) League members.
2. What do the officials instruct the narrator to do once he is a member of the League?
(a) Meditate and prepare his body and soul to accept the Tao.
(b) Attach himself to a group of ten people en route to the expidition.
(c) Stand vigil over the sacred book for one full day and night.
(d) Fast for forty days to prove he is worthy of the task before him.
3. Who unexpectedly disappears from the journey as Part II opens?
4. How does H.H. say he will approach his task in Part III?
(a) As a whole.
(b) Piece by piece.
(c) With hope.
(d) With success.
5. What do Lukas and his friends wonder about H.H. and his group?
(a) Did the group complete their journey.
(b) Are they in service to the Catholic Church.
(c) If they wish to serve a Repbulican government.
(d) Does St. Christopher protect the group.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part III, how does H.H. say he first approaches his goal?
2. What does the deserter wish to do some time later?
3. What does the narrator says is impairing him as he starts his narration early in Part I?
4. How does the narrator describe all the artists, poets, and musicians among the group in Part I?
5. In Part II, how does H.H. describe what everything has become to him?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)