|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is placed on the narrator as he is admitted into the League?
(a) A brilliant purple cape with gold embroidery.
(b) A simple brown robe with a cowl.
(c) A black fez with a red tassle and gold crescent.
(d) The League ring is placed on his finger.
2. Who does the narrator meet in Part I and love immediately?
3. What is it that H.H. says a historian searches for in events?
(a) The importance of the matter.
(b) The relevance of the event.
(c) The truth.
(d) The center, the common standpoint.
4. What does H.H. say Lukas is known for?
(a) Writing a journal.
(b) His wisdom.
(c) HIs poetry.
(d) Publishing a book.
5. At the beginning of Part II, where does the character leave the journey?
(c) Morbio Inferiore.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part II, what does H.H. say is the only important thing in his life?
2. What does the narrator's vow to the League forbid him to do?
3. In Part I, what holds up the journey's progress in a small provincial town?
4. In Part II, what does H.H. say is very difficult for him to do?
5. Who or what does H.H. say is the basis of his community in Part II?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)