|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Part III opens, what is H.H. trying to find his way through?
(a) His difficulty.
(c) His anger.
(d) A sandstorm.
2. In Part II, what does H.H. say is the only important thing in his life?
(a) Writing his memoirs.
(b) The Conquest of the Ottoman Empire.
(c) The love of Fatima.
(d) The League's Journey East.
3. How does H.H. describe certain articles in Part II?
(a) As meaningless ornaments of the world.
(b) As seemingly indispensable things.
(c) As precious tokens of their journey.
(d) As proofs that the League existed.
4. What does H.H. believe is necessary to be able to write?
(a) A fixed idea.
(b) A starting point.
(c) The truth.
(d) A good ending.
5. What is the deserter relieved of by the Speaker in Part I?
(a) His personal journal.
(b) His cloak.
(c) His prayer book.
(d) His vow of silence.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe his country at the end of the World War?
2. What is the first amazing phenomenon the narrator sees in Part I's journey?
3. In Part III, how does Lukas' opinion change concerning H.H.'s problem?
4. What does H.H. describe as hallucinations?
5. Who or what does H.H. say is the basis of his community in Part II?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)