|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far has the journey traveled as Part II begins?
(a) Almost to the Pyramids of Egypt.
(b) Beyond the Alps into Ancient Macedonia.
(c) Through half of Europe and a portion of the Middle Ages.
(d) To the woods of Lindhorst.
2. As Part III opens, what is H.H. trying to find his way through?
(a) His difficulty.
(b) His anger.
(d) A sandstorm.
3. In Part III, what does H.H. say is similar to when he first started on his expedition?
(a) His need to find his home.
(b) His desire to remain a member of the League.
(c) His happiness to do something.
(d) His determination to meet his goal.
4. How is Leo described by H.H. in Part II?
(a) He has a handsome face and good humor.
(b) He is old and wise.
(c) He is no longer important to the journey.
(d) He is a thief.
5. What do the officials instruct the narrator to do once he is a member of the League?
(a) Meditate and prepare his body and soul to accept the Tao.
(b) Attach himself to a group of ten people en route to the expidition.
(c) Fast for forty days to prove he is worthy of the task before him.
(d) Stand vigil over the sacred book for one full day and night.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part II, another person on the journey claims what about certain writings?
2. In Part II, what does H.H. say is very difficult for him to do?
3. What does Lukas and H.H. find in a thick book?
4. How does H.H. describe certain articles in Part II?
5. In Part II, where does one man assert an important document is?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)