|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say is in the East that disciples are traveling towards?
(a) The great temple of Kundalini.
(b) The dawning of the Third Empire.
(c) The Home of LIght.
(d) The Bacchanalian feast.
2. In Part I, how does the narrator describe encounters with different parties?
(a) Parties ban together for the rest of the journey.
(b) Different parties are very secretive.
(c) As difficult and confusing.
(d) As pleasant, festive days.
3. In Part I, what does the narrator say the conquered nations are ready to believe in?
(a) Things beyond reality.
(b) Their freedom.
(c) Long lasting peace.
(d) A time of great exploration.
4. In Part II, another person on the journey claims what about certain writings?
(a) They are important German writings.
(b) They are understood only by League members.
(c) They are original characters known only by the master.
(d) They are writings in French and Hebrew.
5. Who or what does H.H. say is the basis of his community in Part II?
(a) The League.
(b) The journey.
(c) The Enlightenment.
(d) The Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the officials instruct the narrator to do once he is a member of the League?
2. In Part One, who does the narrator quote as saying, "Where are we really going"?
3. According to H.H. what is new to the group in Part II?
4. What unmerited reputation does the League have in Part I?
5. Who unexpectedly disappears from the journey as Part II opens?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)