|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What or who does H.H. wish to save in Part II?
(a) Some records of their great cause.
(b) The Count of Keyserling.
(c) His faith.
(d) The League's court decisions.
2. What belief does H.H. say he is sadly sure of?
(a) He will never meet Princess Fatima.
(b) His health will weaken befor the Journey is complete.
(c) His friend, Lukas, is a liar.
(d) The original League document is in Leo's bag.
3. In the beginning of Part II, how does H.H. say the character's disappearance came about?
(a) It is a link in a chain of disasterous events.
(b) It is because of an accident.
(c) That character leaves the League.
(d) That character has an emergency at home.
4. What does the narrator say each member on the Journey East has to have?
(a) A common goal.
(b) Sturdy boots and clothing.
(c) Their own private goals.
(d) Food enough to share with each traveller.
5. How does the narrator describe his country at the end of the World War?
(a) It is enjoying a new prosperity.
(b) It is under the rule of a strong dictator.
(c) It is settling into a democratic time.
(d) It is full of saviors and prophets.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part II, what does H.H. say is the only important thing in his life?
2. In Part I, what does the narrator believe is his great fortune?
3. In Part I, what is Longus doing in "the wood"?
4. In Part II, how does H.H. describe what everything has become to him?
5. What is it that H.H. says a historian searches for in events?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)