|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is placed on the narrator as he is admitted into the League?
(a) A simple brown robe with a cowl.
(b) The League ring is placed on his finger.
(c) A brilliant purple cape with gold embroidery.
(d) A black fez with a red tassle and gold crescent.
2. In Part I, what is Longus doing in "the wood"?
(a) Writing Greek and Hebrew.
(b) Carving his enchantment flute.
(c) Meditating with Leo.
(d) Playing with two white dogs.
3. In Part One, who does the narrator quote as saying, "Where are we really going"?
(a) The narrator.
(b) The poet Novalis.
(d) The League novitiates.
4. How does H.H. describe his demeanor in Part II?
(a) He is restless.
(b) He becomes angry and sullen.
(c) He becomes determined to succeed.
(d) He has feelings of sadness and doubt.
5. What does the narrator say is in the East that disciples are traveling towards?
(a) The great temple of Kundalini.
(b) The Home of LIght.
(c) The Bacchanalian feast.
(d) The dawning of the Third Empire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What or who does H.H. say historical events happen to?
2. According to H.H. what is new to the group in Part II?
3. What time of year does H.H. recall in Part II?
4. Where do many of the journey members believe League documents are deposited?
5. What does the narrator says is impairing him as he starts his narration early in Part I?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)