|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Leo described by H.H. in Part II?
(a) He has a handsome face and good humor.
(b) He is old and wise.
(c) He is a thief.
(d) He is no longer important to the journey.
2. What does H.H. says happens when he examines things too closely?
(a) They become a heavy burden.
(b) THey are imprinted forever in his memory.
(c) They slip away and dissolve.
(d) They come into sharp relief.
3. In Part I, what does the narrator believe is his great fortune?
(a) To find a rare map.
(b) To belong to the League.
(c) To inherit a modest fortune.
(d) To be a gifted writer.
4. How does the narrator describe his country at the end of the World War?
(a) It is settling into a democratic time.
(b) It is enjoying a new prosperity.
(c) It is under the rule of a strong dictator.
(d) It is full of saviors and prophets.
5. Where does the group think they will go after they see the Goblin?
(a) To the Blue Pot.
(b) Follow the Goblin to the signpost.
(c) To the safety of the valley.
(d) Continue their journey without interruption.
Short Answer Questions
1. What belief does H.H. say he is sadly sure of?
2. In Part One, who does the narrator quote as saying, "Where are we really going"?
3. What does the narrator say is in the East that disciples are traveling towards?
4. What or who does H.H. say historical events happen to?
5. What does H.H. say no longer exists in the group?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)