|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Part II, who or what else is missing?
(a) Orders from the Caliph.
(b) Food needed for the rest of the journey.
(c) Other things from everyone.
(d) Instructions from the League Court.
2. What is the deserter relieved of by the Speaker in Part I?
(a) His prayer book.
(b) His cloak.
(c) His vow of silence.
(d) His personal journal.
3. What does the Leader say about "grace" in Part I?
(a) It is not recognized by common people.
(b) It cannot be bought.
(c) It is regained by repentance.
(d) Once found it cannot be lost.
4. In Part I, who or what does the narrator meet at the riverside?
(b) Charles the Great.
(c) Puss 'n Boots.
(d) A talking peacock.
5. What does the narrator's vow to the League forbid him to do?
(a) Die for the sake of the League.
(b) Disclose anything about the League.
(c) Advocate for another member if they are courtmartialed.
(d) Communicate anything about his personal experiences.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part I, what does the narrator say the conquered nations are ready to believe in?
2. Who or what does H.H. say is the basis of his community in Part II?
3. How does H.H. describe his demeanor in Part II?
4. Where does the group camp as Part II begins?
5. What is H.H.'s hope as Part II ends?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)