|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What belief does H.H. say he is sadly sure of?
(a) The original League document is in Leo's bag.
(b) He will never meet Princess Fatima.
(c) His health will weaken befor the Journey is complete.
(d) His friend, Lukas, is a liar.
2. What is placed on the narrator as he is admitted into the League?
(a) A black fez with a red tassle and gold crescent.
(b) A simple brown robe with a cowl.
(c) A brilliant purple cape with gold embroidery.
(d) The League ring is placed on his finger.
3. At the beginning of Part II, who or what else is missing?
(a) Other things from everyone.
(b) Food needed for the rest of the journey.
(c) Instructions from the League Court.
(d) Orders from the Caliph.
4. In Part II, another person on the journey claims what about certain writings?
(a) They are original characters known only by the master.
(b) They are understood only by League members.
(c) They are important German writings.
(d) They are writings in French and Hebrew.
5. Where does the group think they will go after they see the Goblin?
(a) To the safety of the valley.
(b) Follow the Goblin to the signpost.
(c) Continue their journey without interruption.
(d) To the Blue Pot.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part One, who does the narrator quote as saying, "Where are we really going"?
2. What does the narrator say about Leo at the end of Part I?
3. In Part II, what does H.H. say is the only important thing in his life?
4. What does everyone agree on about a particular document in Part II?
5. What does H.H. say no longer exists in the group?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)