|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part I, what does the narrator realize about the Journey East?
(a) It is a procession of believers moving towards the East.
(b) It is a single pilgrmage.
(c) It brings full enlightment to each traveler.
(d) It is a long and difficult journey.
2. In the beginning of Part II, how does H.H. say the character's disappearance came about?
(a) It is a link in a chain of disasterous events.
(b) That character has an emergency at home.
(c) It is because of an accident.
(d) That character leaves the League.
3. What time of year does H.H. recall in Part II?
(b) Summer/Bacchus Festival.
4. How is Leo described by H.H. in Part II?
(a) He is old and wise.
(b) He is no longer important to the journey.
(c) He has a handsome face and good humor.
(d) He is a thief.
5. What does the narrator say about Leo at the end of Part I?
(a) He probably knows more than the entire group.
(b) He is closer than a brother to the narrator.
(c) He is very unreliable.
(d) He is the holder of Solomon's Key.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to H.H. what is new to the group in Part II?
2. What belief does H.H. say he is sadly sure of?
3. What impression do most people have of the League?
4. How does the narrator describe his country at the end of the World War?
5. What doubts do H.H.'s memory of the journey and participants of the World War share?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)