|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does H.H. describe his demeanor in Part II?
(a) He is restless.
(b) He has feelings of sadness and doubt.
(c) He becomes angry and sullen.
(d) He becomes determined to succeed.
2. What does the deserter wish to do some time later?
(a) Expose the League's secrets.
(b) Write his memoirs for publication.
(c) Be forgiven and rejoin the League.
(d) Gain the confidence of the League Speaker.
3. How far has the journey traveled as Part II begins?
(a) Almost to the Pyramids of Egypt.
(b) Beyond the Alps into Ancient Macedonia.
(c) To the woods of Lindhorst.
(d) Through half of Europe and a portion of the Middle Ages.
4. What does H.H. say no longer exists in the group?
(a) The desire to maintain unity.
(b) The strength to stay on the journey.
(c) The ability to remain in the League.
(d) The desire to reach their individual goals.
5. In Part II, another person on the journey claims what about certain writings?
(a) They are writings in French and Hebrew.
(b) They are original characters known only by the master.
(c) They are understood only by League members.
(d) They are important German writings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who unexpectedly disappears from the journey as Part II opens?
2. What does the narrator say is the one paradox that must be accepted?
3. What does everyone agree on about a particular document in Part II?
4. In Part I, what does the narrator say that several other authors claim?
5. Mohamed's coffin is believed to hold what magical power?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)