|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is placed on the narrator as he is admitted into the League?
(a) A brilliant purple cape with gold embroidery.
(b) A black fez with a red tassle and gold crescent.
(c) The League ring is placed on his finger.
(d) A simple brown robe with a cowl.
2. What does the narrator say is the one paradox that must be accepted?
(a) Life and death are inseparable.
(b) Love conquers all obstacles.
(c) A fool is wiser than the greatest king.
(d) It is necessary to attempt the seemingly impossible.
3. How is Leo described by H.H. in Part II?
(a) He is no longer important to the journey.
(b) He is old and wise.
(c) He is a thief.
(d) He has a handsome face and good humor.
4. In the beginning of Part II, how does H.H. say the character's disappearance came about?
(a) That character has an emergency at home.
(b) That character leaves the League.
(c) It is because of an accident.
(d) It is a link in a chain of disasterous events.
5. Who unexpectedly disappears from the journey as Part II opens?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part II, what does H.H. say he would willing exchange his belief for?
2. What time of year does H.H. recall in Part II?
3. In Part II, what does H.H. say is the only important thing in his life?
4. In Part I, how does the narrator describe encounters with different parties?
5. What unmerited reputation does the League have in Part I?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)