|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Leo described by H.H. in Part II?
(a) He is no longer important to the journey.
(b) He has a handsome face and good humor.
(c) He is old and wise.
(d) He is a thief.
2. In Part II, how does H.H. describe what everything has become to him?
(a) Clear images reflected in a mirror.
(b) Nightmares that keep him from falling asleep.
(c) A mass of separate fragmentory pictures.
(d) Hazy memories that disappear like a mist.
3. What does H.H. say has exaggerated value in Part II?
(a) The success of the journey.
(b) The power of the League.
(c) Lukas' description of the World War.
(d) A missing document.
4. What is the deserter relieved of by the Speaker in Part I?
(a) His prayer book.
(b) His cloak.
(c) His vow of silence.
(d) His personal journal.
5. Who or what occupies the narrator's thoughts the most on the journey in Part I?
(b) Solomon's Key.
(c) The Speaker.
(d) The Holy Grail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to H.H.'s first attempt to tell his story?
2. How does H.H. describe certain articles in Part II?
3. In Part I, what holds up the journey's progress in a small provincial town?
4. What or who does H.H. say historical events happen to?
5. What does the narrator say about Leo at the end of Part I?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)