|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part II, another person on the journey claims what about certain writings?
(a) They are writings in French and Hebrew.
(b) They are original characters known only by the master.
(c) They are understood only by League members.
(d) They are important German writings.
2. Who unexpectedly disappears from the journey as Part II opens?
3. What is the deserter relieved of by the Speaker in Part I?
(a) His personal journal.
(b) His cloak.
(c) His vow of silence.
(d) His prayer book.
4. Where does the group think they will go after they see the Goblin?
(a) To the Blue Pot.
(b) Follow the Goblin to the signpost.
(c) Continue their journey without interruption.
(d) To the safety of the valley.
5. What does the narrator says is impairing him as he starts his narration early in Part I?
(a) An injury to his leg.
(b) An injury to his head.
(c) His confidence and recollection.
(d) His eyesight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What leads to heated arguments within the group at the beginning of Part II?
2. In Part I, what does the narrator believe is his great fortune?
3. Who or what does H.H. say is the basis of his community in Part II?
4. What does the Leader say about "grace" in Part I?
5. What does H.H. say his belief is susceptible to in Part II?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)