|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does H.H. say his belief is susceptible to in Part II?
(a) The whims of his emotions.
(b) Many different opions.
(c) The persuasion of the leader.
(d) The success of the journey.
2. In Part II, what does H.H. say is the only important thing in his life?
(a) Writing his memoirs.
(b) The League's Journey East.
(c) The Conquest of the Ottoman Empire.
(d) The love of Fatima.
3. What is the narrator's life-goal?
(a) To capture a magical snake.
(b) To understand the "Tao".
(c) To travel with Roland.
(d) To win the love of Princess Fatima.
4. What does everyone agree on about a particular document in Part II?
(a) It is of great value.
(b) It is an original.
(c) It is in a linen bag.
(d) It is a copy.
5. What leads to heated arguments within the group at the beginning of Part II?
(a) The leader's inablilty to gain the group's confidence.
(b) The possible loss of an important document.
(c) Whether or not to continue the journey.
(d) H.H.'s very bad temper.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to H.H., what does the disappearance of a particular member threaten?
2. What doubts do H.H.'s memory of the journey and participants of the World War share?
3. In Part II, what does H.H. say most historians want to do?
4. What does the narrator say is the one paradox that must be accepted?
5. According to H.H. what is new to the group in Part II?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)