|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who unexpectedly disappears from the journey as Part II opens?
2. In Part II, what does H.H. say most historians want to do?
(a) Portray only what is important to them.
(b) Portray events as they see them.
(c) Portray only what they want to remember.
(d) Portray events sincerely.
3. What or who does H.H. wish to save in Part II?
(a) Some records of their great cause.
(b) The Count of Keyserling.
(c) The League's court decisions.
(d) His faith.
4. What is H.H.'s hope as Part II ends?
(a) He will continue his story tomorrow.
(b) He will find the strength to continue his journey.
(c) He will be able to forgive the League.
(d) He will not despair over the loss of his memoirs.
5. At the beginning of Part II, who or what else is missing?
(a) Food needed for the rest of the journey.
(b) Orders from the Caliph.
(c) Other things from everyone.
(d) Instructions from the League Court.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of year does H.H. recall in Part II?
2. In Part I, what does the narrator believe is his great fortune?
3. What belief does H.H. say he is sadly sure of?
4. In Part I, what holds up the journey's progress in a small provincial town?
5. What does the narrator say is in the East that disciples are traveling towards?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)