|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part II, how does H.H. describe what everything has become to him?
(a) Clear images reflected in a mirror.
(b) Hazy memories that disappear like a mist.
(c) A mass of separate fragmentory pictures.
(d) Nightmares that keep him from falling asleep.
2. How does H.H. describe his demeanor in Part II?
(a) He becomes angry and sullen.
(b) He becomes determined to succeed.
(c) He is restless.
(d) He has feelings of sadness and doubt.
3. According to H.H., what must the historian do to allow meaning into a narrative?
(a) Create realistic scenes with vivid imagery.
(b) Provide a common thread of knowlege for all of history.
(c) Invent units, heroes, nations, and ideas.
(d) Remain as true to the actual events as possible.
4. How is Leo described by H.H. in Part II?
(a) He is old and wise.
(b) He is a thief.
(c) He has a handsome face and good humor.
(d) He is no longer important to the journey.
5. In the beginning of Part II, how does H.H. say the character's disappearance came about?
(a) It is a link in a chain of disasterous events.
(b) It is because of an accident.
(c) That character leaves the League.
(d) That character has an emergency at home.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part I, what is Longus doing in "the wood"?
2. In Part I, where does the narrator say his happiness arises from?
3. In Part I, who or what does the narrator meet at the riverside?
4. What unmerited reputation does the League have in Part I?
5. What is H.H.'s hope as Part II ends?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)