|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part II, another person on the journey claims what about certain writings?
(a) They are original characters known only by the master.
(b) They are writings in French and Hebrew.
(c) They are important German writings.
(d) They are understood only by League members.
2. At the beginning of Part II, who or what else is missing?
(a) Food needed for the rest of the journey.
(b) Orders from the Caliph.
(c) Instructions from the League Court.
(d) Other things from everyone.
3. How does H.H. describe certain articles in Part II?
(a) As proofs that the League existed.
(b) As seemingly indispensable things.
(c) As precious tokens of their journey.
(d) As meaningless ornaments of the world.
4. What doubts do H.H.'s memory of the journey and participants of the World War share?
(a) Whether others care what happened to them.
(b) Whether their story is worth telling.
(c) Whether or not they really experienced it.
(d) Whether they will ever forget.
5. In Part I, what does the narrator say world history often seems like?
(a) Glorious revelations of previous generations.
(b) A waste of time to study.
(c) A short respite between national wars.
(d) Humanity's desire to erase its memory.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part II, what does H.H. say most historians want to do?
2. What is the narrator's life-goal?
3. In Part II, what does H.H. say is the only important thing in his life?
4. What does the narrator say is the one paradox that must be accepted?
5. What happens to H.H.'s first attempt to tell his story?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)