|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the group think they will go after they see the Goblin?
(a) Continue their journey without interruption.
(b) To the Blue Pot.
(c) To the safety of the valley.
(d) Follow the Goblin to the signpost.
2. According to H.H., what must the historian do to allow meaning into a narrative?
(a) Provide a common thread of knowlege for all of history.
(b) Remain as true to the actual events as possible.
(c) Invent units, heroes, nations, and ideas.
(d) Create realistic scenes with vivid imagery.
3. How does H.H. describe certain articles in Part II?
(a) As seemingly indispensable things.
(b) As precious tokens of their journey.
(c) As proofs that the League existed.
(d) As meaningless ornaments of the world.
4. What or who does H.H. say historical events happen to?
(a) The future.
(b) The nameless.
(c) The victors.
(d) The participants.
5. Who or what occupies the narrator's thoughts the most on the journey in Part I?
(a) Solomon's Key.
(b) The Speaker.
(d) The Holy Grail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator meet in Part I and love immediately?
2. What does the narrator say about Leo at the end of Part I?
3. What does the narrator do at the end of his probation year in the League?
4. In Part II, where does one man assert an important document is?
5. What does the narrator says is impairing him as he starts his narration early in Part I?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)