|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part I, what does the narrator believe is his great fortune?
(a) To inherit a modest fortune.
(b) To be a gifted writer.
(c) To belong to the League.
(d) To find a rare map.
2. What time of year does H.H. recall in Part II?
(d) Summer/Bacchus Festival.
3. In Part I, what does the narrator realize about the Journey East?
(a) It brings full enlightment to each traveler.
(b) It is a single pilgrmage.
(c) It is a procession of believers moving towards the East.
(d) It is a long and difficult journey.
4. According to H.H. what is new to the group in Part II?
(a) Their spirituality.
(b) Their goals.
(c) Their disputes.
(d) Their leader.
5. What does H.H. says happens when he examines things too closely?
(a) They slip away and dissolve.
(b) They become a heavy burden.
(c) They come into sharp relief.
(d) THey are imprinted forever in his memory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who preserves the memory of Hohenstaufen?
2. What is H.H.'s hope as Part II ends?
3. According to H.H., what must the historian do to allow meaning into a narrative?
4. In Part I, what does the narrator say world history often seems like?
5. In Part I, what does the narrator say that several other authors claim?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)