|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part II, where does one man assert an important document is?
(a) At the journey's end.
(b) In a protective leather pouch.
(c) In Leo's bag.
(d) In the Blue Pot.
2. How does the narrator describe all the artists, poets, and musicians among the group in Part I?
(a) Gracious hosts at the feast in Zurich.
(b) The chief source of comfort for the group.
(c) Animated yet half-real, half-there.
(d) Distracting the group from their goal.
3. What unmerited reputation does the League have in Part I?
(a) They will take back the Holy Land.
(b) They are commisioned by St. Christopher.
(c) They will restore the monarchy.
(d) They will overthrow the government in India.
4. What does the narrator say is the one paradox that must be accepted?
(a) Life and death are inseparable.
(b) Love conquers all obstacles.
(c) It is necessary to attempt the seemingly impossible.
(d) A fool is wiser than the greatest king.
5. What does H.H. say no longer exists in the group?
(a) The desire to maintain unity.
(b) The desire to reach their individual goals.
(c) The strength to stay on the journey.
(d) The ability to remain in the League.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part II, what does H.H. say he would willing exchange his belief for?
2. Who or what does H.H. say is the basis of his community in Part II?
3. What is placed on the narrator as he is admitted into the League?
4. What does the narrator do at the end of his probation year in the League?
5. Who preserves the memory of Hohenstaufen?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)