|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unmerited reputation does the League have in Part I?
(a) They will take back the Holy Land.
(b) They will overthrow the government in India.
(c) They are commisioned by St. Christopher.
(d) They will restore the monarchy.
2. Where does the group think they will go after they see the Goblin?
(a) Continue their journey without interruption.
(b) To the safety of the valley.
(c) To the Blue Pot.
(d) Follow the Goblin to the signpost.
3. What is H.H.'s hope as Part II ends?
(a) He will find the strength to continue his journey.
(b) He will continue his story tomorrow.
(c) He will be able to forgive the League.
(d) He will not despair over the loss of his memoirs.
4. How does H.H. describe his demeanor in Part II?
(a) He has feelings of sadness and doubt.
(b) He becomes determined to succeed.
(c) He becomes angry and sullen.
(d) He is restless.
5. In Part II, what does H.H. say he would willing exchange his belief for?
(a) A chance to see the Christ child.
(b) A chance to converse with Siddhartha.
(c) A chance to go home.
(d) A more hopeful belief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to H.H.'s first attempt to tell his story?
2. What is the narrator's life-goal?
3. What time of year does H.H. recall in Part II?
4. What is the first amazing phenomenon the narrator sees in Part I's journey?
5. What does the deserter wish to do some time later?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)