|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mohamed's coffin is believed to hold what magical power?
(a) One can rise one freely into the air.
(b) One gains immediate entrance into paradise.
(c) One will gain the power to speak to animals.
(d) One receives the ability to judge all men righteously.
2. What does the narrator's vow to the League forbid him to do?
(a) Communicate anything about his personal experiences.
(b) Die for the sake of the League.
(c) Advocate for another member if they are courtmartialed.
(d) Disclose anything about the League.
3. In Part One, who does the narrator quote as saying, "Where are we really going"?
(a) The narrator.
(b) The League novitiates.
(d) The poet Novalis.
4. According to H.H., what does the disappearance of a particular member threaten?
(a) The value and meaning of everything, even life.
(b) The future of the League.
(c) Leo's ability to perform magic.
(d) The secrecy of the League.
5. In Part II, what does H.H. say is very difficult for him to do?
(a) Relate a number of events connectedly.
(b) Make Leo understand why he must tell his story.
(c) Prevent the League from taking his journal.
(d) Attest clearly to what he experienced.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H.H. say his belief is susceptible to in Part II?
2. What does H.H. believe is the most memorable event in Part II?
3. What is the narrator's life-goal?
4. How does the narrator describe his country at the end of the World War?
5. What does everyone agree on about a particular document in Part II?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)