|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the group camp as Part II begins?
(a) A dark forest in Greece.
(b) In an oasis in the Sahara.
(c) A narrow mountain gorge on the Italian border.
(d) A meadow in the Alps.
2. What time of year does H.H. recall in Part II?
(d) Summer/Bacchus Festival.
3. What or who does H.H. wish to save in Part II?
(a) His faith.
(b) Some records of their great cause.
(c) The Count of Keyserling.
(d) The League's court decisions.
4. What doubts do H.H.'s memory of the journey and participants of the World War share?
(a) Whether others care what happened to them.
(b) Whether they will ever forget.
(c) Whether their story is worth telling.
(d) Whether or not they really experienced it.
5. In Part I, what does the narrator believe is his great fortune?
(a) To inherit a modest fortune.
(b) To belong to the League.
(c) To be a gifted writer.
(d) To find a rare map.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to H.H., what does the disappearance of a particular member threaten?
2. What does the deserter wish to do some time later?
3. Where do many of the journey members believe League documents are deposited?
4. Where does the group think they will go after they see the Goblin?
5. What does H.H. say has exaggerated value in Part II?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)