|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doubts do H.H.'s memory of the journey and participants of the World War share?
(a) Whether or not they really experienced it.
(b) Whether they will ever forget.
(c) Whether their story is worth telling.
(d) Whether others care what happened to them.
2. What is it that H.H. says a historian searches for in events?
(a) The relevance of the event.
(b) The center, the common standpoint.
(c) The importance of the matter.
(d) The truth.
3. In Part I, what is Longus doing in "the wood"?
(a) Carving his enchantment flute.
(b) Meditating with Leo.
(c) Playing with two white dogs.
(d) Writing Greek and Hebrew.
4. According to H.H. what is new to the group in Part II?
(a) Their goals.
(b) Their leader.
(c) Their disputes.
(d) Their spirituality.
5. Who or what does H.H. say is the basis of his community in Part II?
(a) The journey.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Enlightenment.
(d) The League.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H.H. say his belief is susceptible to in Part II?
2. According to H.H., what does the disappearance of a particular member threaten?
3. What does H.H. say has exaggerated value in Part II?
4. How does the narrator describe his country at the end of the World War?
5. Who unexpectedly disappears from the journey as Part II opens?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)