|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that H.H. says a historian searches for in events?
(a) The center, the common standpoint.
(b) The importance of the matter.
(c) The truth.
(d) The relevance of the event.
2. What does the narrator's vow to the League forbid him to do?
(a) Advocate for another member if they are courtmartialed.
(b) Disclose anything about the League.
(c) Communicate anything about his personal experiences.
(d) Die for the sake of the League.
3. Who or what occupies the narrator's thoughts the most on the journey in Part I?
(a) The Speaker.
(b) Solomon's Key.
(c) The Holy Grail.
4. In Part II, what does H.H. say most historians want to do?
(a) Portray only what is important to them.
(b) Portray only what they want to remember.
(c) Portray events as they see them.
(d) Portray events sincerely.
5. What does the narrator say about Leo at the end of Part I?
(a) He is the holder of Solomon's Key.
(b) He is closer than a brother to the narrator.
(c) He is very unreliable.
(d) He probably knows more than the entire group.
Short Answer Questions
1. What doubts do H.H.'s memory of the journey and participants of the World War share?
2. What or who does H.H. wish to save in Part II?
3. How does the narrator describe the times early in Part I?
4. What does H.H. say his belief is susceptible to in Part II?
5. What does everyone agree on about a particular document in Part II?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)