|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that H.H. says a historian searches for in events?
(a) The importance of the matter.
(b) The truth.
(c) The relevance of the event.
(d) The center, the common standpoint.
2. In Part II, how does H.H. describe what everything has become to him?
(a) Hazy memories that disappear like a mist.
(b) A mass of separate fragmentory pictures.
(c) Clear images reflected in a mirror.
(d) Nightmares that keep him from falling asleep.
3. In Part I, who or what does the narrator meet at the riverside?
(a) Charles the Great.
(b) Puss 'n Boots.
(c) A talking peacock.
4. What or who does H.H. say historical events happen to?
(a) The nameless.
(b) The future.
(c) The victors.
(d) The participants.
5. What is placed on the narrator as he is admitted into the League?
(a) A black fez with a red tassle and gold crescent.
(b) The League ring is placed on his finger.
(c) A brilliant purple cape with gold embroidery.
(d) A simple brown robe with a cowl.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Part II, how does H.H. say the character's disappearance came about?
2. Who unexpectedly disappears from the journey as Part II opens?
3. In Part II, what does H.H. say is the only important thing in his life?
4. In Part I, how does the narrator describe encounters with different parties?
5. Who preserves the memory of Hohenstaufen?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)