|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Leo described by H.H. in Part II?
(a) He is old and wise.
(b) He is no longer important to the journey.
(c) He has a handsome face and good humor.
(d) He is a thief.
2. What doubts do H.H.'s memory of the journey and participants of the World War share?
(a) Whether they will ever forget.
(b) Whether their story is worth telling.
(c) Whether others care what happened to them.
(d) Whether or not they really experienced it.
3. In Part One, who does the narrator quote as saying, "Where are we really going"?
(a) The poet Novalis.
(b) The narrator.
(d) The League novitiates.
4. What does the deserter wish to do some time later?
(a) Be forgiven and rejoin the League.
(b) Gain the confidence of the League Speaker.
(c) Expose the League's secrets.
(d) Write his memoirs for publication.
5. What does H.H. believe is the most memorable event in Part II?
(a) The death of the leader.
(b) Leo's disappearance.
(c) The disspersion of the League.
(d) Their arrival in Italy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what does H.H. say is the basis of his community in Part II?
2. Who unexpectedly disappears from the journey as Part II opens?
3. What does the Leader say about "grace" in Part I?
4. What does the narrator says is impairing him as he starts his narration early in Part I?
5. What is the first amazing phenomenon the narrator sees in Part I's journey?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)