|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first amazing phenomenon the narrator sees in Part I's journey?
(a) Agramant fighting the League leader.
(b) The Child Savior showing the way east.
(c) Leo turning himself into a dog.
(d) Saint Christopher pointing to the left.
2. How does H.H. describe his demeanor in Part II?
(a) He becomes determined to succeed.
(b) He becomes angry and sullen.
(c) He has feelings of sadness and doubt.
(d) He is restless.
3. Where does the group camp as Part II begins?
(a) A narrow mountain gorge on the Italian border.
(b) A dark forest in Greece.
(c) In an oasis in the Sahara.
(d) A meadow in the Alps.
4. What is H.H.'s hope as Part II ends?
(a) He will find the strength to continue his journey.
(b) He will not despair over the loss of his memoirs.
(c) He will be able to forgive the League.
(d) He will continue his story tomorrow.
5. What unmerited reputation does the League have in Part I?
(a) They are commisioned by St. Christopher.
(b) They will restore the monarchy.
(c) They will overthrow the government in India.
(d) They will take back the Holy Land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What or who does H.H. wish to save in Part II?
2. How far has the journey traveled as Part II begins?
3. Who preserves the memory of Hohenstaufen?
4. In Part II, what does H.H. say is very difficult for him to do?
5. In the beginning of Part II, how does H.H. say the character's disappearance came about?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)