|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is H.H.'s hope as Part II ends?
(a) He will find the strength to continue his journey.
(b) He will continue his story tomorrow.
(c) He will not despair over the loss of his memoirs.
(d) He will be able to forgive the League.
2. At the beginning of Part II, where does the character leave the journey?
(d) Morbio Inferiore.
3. Mohamed's coffin is believed to hold what magical power?
(a) One will gain the power to speak to animals.
(b) One gains immediate entrance into paradise.
(c) One receives the ability to judge all men righteously.
(d) One can rise one freely into the air.
4. What unmerited reputation does the League have in Part I?
(a) They will take back the Holy Land.
(b) They will overthrow the government in India.
(c) They will restore the monarchy.
(d) They are commisioned by St. Christopher.
5. What do the officials instruct the narrator to do once he is a member of the League?
(a) Fast for forty days to prove he is worthy of the task before him.
(b) Attach himself to a group of ten people en route to the expidition.
(c) Stand vigil over the sacred book for one full day and night.
(d) Meditate and prepare his body and soul to accept the Tao.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Leo described by H.H. in Part II?
2. What does the narrator says is impairing him as he starts his narration early in Part I?
3. What leads to heated arguments within the group at the beginning of Part II?
4. In Part I, what does the narrator realize about the Journey East?
5. Where does the group camp as Part II begins?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)