|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what does H.H. say is the basis of his community in Part II?
(a) The Enlightenment.
(b) The journey.
(c) The League.
(d) The Bible.
2. What does everyone agree on about a particular document in Part II?
(a) It is of great value.
(b) It is a copy.
(c) It is an original.
(d) It is in a linen bag.
3. At the beginning of Part II, who or what else is missing?
(a) Other things from everyone.
(b) Instructions from the League Court.
(c) Food needed for the rest of the journey.
(d) Orders from the Caliph.
4. In Part I, what does the narrator say world history often seems like?
(a) Glorious revelations of previous generations.
(b) A short respite between national wars.
(c) A waste of time to study.
(d) Humanity's desire to erase its memory.
5. How far has the journey traveled as Part II begins?
(a) Beyond the Alps into Ancient Macedonia.
(b) To the woods of Lindhorst.
(c) Almost to the Pyramids of Egypt.
(d) Through half of Europe and a portion of the Middle Ages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say is the one paradox that must be accepted?
2. What leads to heated arguments within the group at the beginning of Part II?
3. In Part I, what does the narrator realize about the Journey East?
4. Who or what occupies the narrator's thoughts the most on the journey in Part I?
5. What time of year does H.H. recall in Part II?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)