|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part I, how does the narrator describe encounters with different parties?
(a) Different parties are very secretive.
(b) As difficult and confusing.
(c) Parties ban together for the rest of the journey.
(d) As pleasant, festive days.
2. According to H.H., what must the historian do to allow meaning into a narrative?
(a) Invent units, heroes, nations, and ideas.
(b) Remain as true to the actual events as possible.
(c) Provide a common thread of knowlege for all of history.
(d) Create realistic scenes with vivid imagery.
3. In Part I, what does the narrator say the conquered nations are ready to believe in?
(a) Their freedom.
(b) Things beyond reality.
(c) Long lasting peace.
(d) A time of great exploration.
4. How is Leo described by H.H. in Part II?
(a) He is no longer important to the journey.
(b) He is a thief.
(c) He has a handsome face and good humor.
(d) He is old and wise.
5. What does H.H. believe is the most memorable event in Part II?
(a) Their arrival in Italy.
(b) Leo's disappearance.
(c) The disspersion of the League.
(d) The death of the leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is placed on the narrator as he is admitted into the League?
2. What does H.H. say no longer exists in the group?
3. What belief does H.H. say he is sadly sure of?
4. According to H.H. what is new to the group in Part II?
5. What leads to heated arguments within the group at the beginning of Part II?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)