|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the deserter relieved of by the Speaker in Part I?
(a) His prayer book.
(b) His vow of silence.
(c) His personal journal.
(d) His cloak.
2. In Part I, how does the narrator describe encounters with different parties?
(a) Parties ban together for the rest of the journey.
(b) Different parties are very secretive.
(c) As pleasant, festive days.
(d) As difficult and confusing.
3. In Part I, what does the narrator say that several other authors claim?
(a) They are experts in archeology.
(b) They have give accurate descriptions of the East.
(c) They are brothers of the League
(d) They have traveled the world.
4. What does the narrator say is the one paradox that must be accepted?
(a) Love conquers all obstacles.
(b) A fool is wiser than the greatest king.
(c) It is necessary to attempt the seemingly impossible.
(d) Life and death are inseparable.
5. Mohamed's coffin is believed to hold what magical power?
(a) One will gain the power to speak to animals.
(b) One gains immediate entrance into paradise.
(c) One can rise one freely into the air.
(d) One receives the ability to judge all men righteously.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impression do most people have of the League?
2. Who preserves the memory of Hohenstaufen?
3. What is placed on the narrator as he is admitted into the League?
4. What does the narrator say each member on the Journey East has to have?
5. What is the narrator's life-goal?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)