|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say is the one paradox that must be accepted?
(a) It is necessary to attempt the seemingly impossible.
(b) A fool is wiser than the greatest king.
(c) Life and death are inseparable.
(d) Love conquers all obstacles.
2. What is the deserter relieved of by the Speaker in Part I?
(a) His cloak.
(b) His vow of silence.
(c) His prayer book.
(d) His personal journal.
3. How does the narrator describe his country at the end of the World War?
(a) It is settling into a democratic time.
(b) It is full of saviors and prophets.
(c) It is under the rule of a strong dictator.
(d) It is enjoying a new prosperity.
4. What is placed on the narrator as he is admitted into the League?
(a) The League ring is placed on his finger.
(b) A simple brown robe with a cowl.
(c) A brilliant purple cape with gold embroidery.
(d) A black fez with a red tassle and gold crescent.
5. In Part I, where does the narrator say his happiness arises from?
(a) Meeting Mozrt and hearing him play.
(b) The freedom to experience everything simultaneously.
(c) Arriving at the King of Siam's colony and feasting with him.
(d) Being able to see the Sun Mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say each member on the Journey East has to have?
2. What does the Leader say about "grace" in Part I?
3. What do the officials instruct the narrator to do once he is a member of the League?
4. What does the narrator say is in the East that disciples are traveling towards?
5. What does the narrator says is impairing him as he starts his narration early in Part I?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)