|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe all the artists, poets, and musicians among the group in Part I?
(a) Distracting the group from their goal.
(b) Animated yet half-real, half-there.
(c) The chief source of comfort for the group.
(d) Gracious hosts at the feast in Zurich.
2. What does the deserter wish to do some time later?
(a) Write his memoirs for publication.
(b) Be forgiven and rejoin the League.
(c) Gain the confidence of the League Speaker.
(d) Expose the League's secrets.
3. What does the narrator says is impairing him as he starts his narration early in Part I?
(a) An injury to his head.
(b) His eyesight.
(c) His confidence and recollection.
(d) An injury to his leg.
4. How does the narrator describe his country at the end of the World War?
(a) It is full of saviors and prophets.
(b) It is under the rule of a strong dictator.
(c) It is settling into a democratic time.
(d) It is enjoying a new prosperity.
5. In Part I, what does the narrator realize about the Journey East?
(a) It is a long and difficult journey.
(b) It is a single pilgrmage.
(c) It brings full enlightment to each traveler.
(d) It is a procession of believers moving towards the East.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the deserter relieved of by the Speaker in Part I?
2. What does the narrator say each member on the Journey East has to have?
3. What is the narrator's life-goal?
4. Who or what occupies the narrator's thoughts the most on the journey in Part I?
5. What is the unanimously observed rule of the group?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)