|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who preserves the memory of Hohenstaufen?
(a) Urach and Staufen.
(c) The League Justice.
(d) The power of the crown gardians.
2. In Part I, what does the narrator say world history often seems like?
(a) Humanity's desire to erase its memory.
(b) A short respite between national wars.
(c) A waste of time to study.
(d) Glorious revelations of previous generations.
3. What impression do most people have of the League?
(a) It is a league of wonderous judges.
(b) It is an ancient group of mystics.
(c) It is the secret protectors of Christian artifacts.
(d) It is one of many newly blossomed cults.
4. What does the narrator do at the end of his probation year in the League?
(a) Dedicates his body and soul to the Journey East.
(b) Pays his dues to become a full member.
(c) Climbs the mystical mountain to study under the League leader.
(d) Chooses a life of poverty and prayer.
5. What is the first amazing phenomenon the narrator sees in Part I's journey?
(a) Saint Christopher pointing to the left.
(b) Leo turning himself into a dog.
(c) The Child Savior showing the way east.
(d) Agramant fighting the League leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what occupies the narrator's thoughts the most on the journey in Part I?
2. Mohamed's coffin is believed to hold what magical power?
3. What does the narrator's vow to the League forbid him to do?
4. In Part I, what does the narrator believe is his great fortune?
5. What is the narrator's life-goal?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)