|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the officials instruct the narrator to do once he is a member of the League?
(a) Attach himself to a group of ten people en route to the expidition.
(b) Fast for forty days to prove he is worthy of the task before him.
(c) Stand vigil over the sacred book for one full day and night.
(d) Meditate and prepare his body and soul to accept the Tao.
2. In Part I, what does the narrator believe is his great fortune?
(a) To inherit a modest fortune.
(b) To belong to the League.
(c) To find a rare map.
(d) To be a gifted writer.
3. Who or what occupies the narrator's thoughts the most on the journey in Part I?
(a) Solomon's Key.
(c) The Holy Grail.
(d) The Speaker.
4. What does the narrator say is the one paradox that must be accepted?
(a) Life and death are inseparable.
(b) Love conquers all obstacles.
(c) A fool is wiser than the greatest king.
(d) It is necessary to attempt the seemingly impossible.
5. Where does the group think they will go after they see the Goblin?
(a) To the Blue Pot.
(b) Follow the Goblin to the signpost.
(c) Continue their journey without interruption.
(d) To the safety of the valley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the deserter wish to do some time later?
2. In Part One, who does the narrator quote as saying, "Where are we really going"?
3. In Part I, what does the narrator say the conquered nations are ready to believe in?
4. Mohamed's coffin is believed to hold what magical power?
5. Who does the narrator meet in Part I and love immediately?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)