|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator's life-goal?
(a) To understand the "Tao".
(b) To win the love of Princess Fatima.
(c) To capture a magical snake.
(d) To travel with Roland.
2. What does the narrator say each member on the Journey East has to have?
(a) Food enough to share with each traveller.
(b) Their own private goals.
(c) Sturdy boots and clothing.
(d) A common goal.
3. In Part I, what does the narrator say world history often seems like?
(a) A short respite between national wars.
(b) Humanity's desire to erase its memory.
(c) A waste of time to study.
(d) Glorious revelations of previous generations.
4. In Part I, how does the narrator describe encounters with different parties?
(a) As pleasant, festive days.
(b) Different parties are very secretive.
(c) Parties ban together for the rest of the journey.
(d) As difficult and confusing.
5. In Part I, what is Longus doing in "the wood"?
(a) Carving his enchantment flute.
(b) Meditating with Leo.
(c) Writing Greek and Hebrew.
(d) Playing with two white dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Leader say about "grace" in Part I?
2. In Part I, what does the narrator realize about the Journey East?
3. What does the deserter wish to do some time later?
4. Who or what occupies the narrator's thoughts the most on the journey in Part I?
5. In Part One, who does the narrator quote as saying, "Where are we really going"?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)