|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator's vow to the League forbid him to do?
(a) Communicate anything about his personal experiences.
(b) Advocate for another member if they are courtmartialed.
(c) Die for the sake of the League.
(d) Disclose anything about the League.
2. What impression do most people have of the League?
(a) It is the secret protectors of Christian artifacts.
(b) It is an ancient group of mystics.
(c) It is a league of wonderous judges.
(d) It is one of many newly blossomed cults.
3. What does the deserter wish to do some time later?
(a) Write his memoirs for publication.
(b) Gain the confidence of the League Speaker.
(c) Expose the League's secrets.
(d) Be forgiven and rejoin the League.
4. In Part I, what does the narrator say world history often seems like?
(a) A short respite between national wars.
(b) Humanity's desire to erase its memory.
(c) Glorious revelations of previous generations.
(d) A waste of time to study.
5. What is the unanimously observed rule of the group?
(a) Pay homage to all the ancient places of the League.
(b) Preach their gospel to all they met.
(c) Go to Africa and rescue a member from the Moors.
(d) Convert unbelievers along their journey,
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say about Leo at the end of Part I?
2. In Part I, what is Longus doing in "the wood"?
3. What unmerited reputation does the League have in Part I?
4. In Part I, who or what does the narrator meet at the riverside?
5. What is the first amazing phenomenon the narrator sees in Part I's journey?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)