|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the unanimously observed rule of the group?
(a) Pay homage to all the ancient places of the League.
(b) Go to Africa and rescue a member from the Moors.
(c) Convert unbelievers along their journey,
(d) Preach their gospel to all they met.
2. In Part One, who does the narrator quote as saying, "Where are we really going"?
(a) The League novitiates.
(b) The narrator.
(d) The poet Novalis.
3. What does the narrator's vow to the League forbid him to do?
(a) Disclose anything about the League.
(b) Communicate anything about his personal experiences.
(c) Advocate for another member if they are courtmartialed.
(d) Die for the sake of the League.
4. In Part I, what is Longus doing in "the wood"?
(a) Playing with two white dogs.
(b) Meditating with Leo.
(c) Writing Greek and Hebrew.
(d) Carving his enchantment flute.
5. In Part I, how does the narrator describe encounters with different parties?
(a) Different parties are very secretive.
(b) Parties ban together for the rest of the journey.
(c) As pleasant, festive days.
(d) As difficult and confusing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part I, what does the narrator say world history often seems like?
2. In Part I, what does the narrator realize about the Journey East?
3. What does the narrator say about Leo at the end of Part I?
4. Who preserves the memory of Hohenstaufen?
5. In Part I, where does the narrator say his happiness arises from?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)