|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator says is impairing him as he starts his narration early in Part I?
(a) His eyesight.
(b) His confidence and recollection.
(c) An injury to his head.
(d) An injury to his leg.
2. What does the narrator's vow to the League forbid him to do?
(a) Die for the sake of the League.
(b) Disclose anything about the League.
(c) Communicate anything about his personal experiences.
(d) Advocate for another member if they are courtmartialed.
3. Mohamed's coffin is believed to hold what magical power?
(a) One can rise one freely into the air.
(b) One receives the ability to judge all men righteously.
(c) One will gain the power to speak to animals.
(d) One gains immediate entrance into paradise.
4. In Part I, what is Longus doing in "the wood"?
(a) Writing Greek and Hebrew.
(b) Carving his enchantment flute.
(c) Meditating with Leo.
(d) Playing with two white dogs.
5. How does the narrator describe the times early in Part I?
(a) Prosperous times.
(b) Remarkable times.
(c) Painful times.
(d) Difficult times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what occupies the narrator's thoughts the most on the journey in Part I?
2. In Part I, who or what does the narrator meet at the riverside?
3. In Part I, what does the narrator realize about the Journey East?
4. Where does the group think they will go after they see the Goblin?
5. What does the Leader say about "grace" in Part I?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)