|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator do at the end of his probation year in the League?
(a) Dedicates his body and soul to the Journey East.
(b) Climbs the mystical mountain to study under the League leader.
(c) Pays his dues to become a full member.
(d) Chooses a life of poverty and prayer.
2. In Part I, what does the narrator believe is his great fortune?
(a) To be a gifted writer.
(b) To inherit a modest fortune.
(c) To belong to the League.
(d) To find a rare map.
3. Mohamed's coffin is believed to hold what magical power?
(a) One gains immediate entrance into paradise.
(b) One receives the ability to judge all men righteously.
(c) One can rise one freely into the air.
(d) One will gain the power to speak to animals.
4. How does the narrator describe all the artists, poets, and musicians among the group in Part I?
(a) Gracious hosts at the feast in Zurich.
(b) Distracting the group from their goal.
(c) Animated yet half-real, half-there.
(d) The chief source of comfort for the group.
5. What does the narrator say each member on the Journey East has to have?
(a) Sturdy boots and clothing.
(b) Food enough to share with each traveller.
(c) A common goal.
(d) Their own private goals.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part I, who or what does the narrator meet at the riverside?
2. Who or what occupies the narrator's thoughts the most on the journey in Part I?
3. In Part I, where does the narrator say his happiness arises from?
4. What is the first amazing phenomenon the narrator sees in Part I's journey?
5. In Part I, how does the narrator describe encounters with different parties?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)