|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the times early in Part I?
(a) Difficult times.
(b) Prosperous times.
(c) Remarkable times.
(d) Painful times.
2. What does the narrator say is in the East that disciples are traveling towards?
(a) The Home of LIght.
(b) The dawning of the Third Empire.
(c) The Bacchanalian feast.
(d) The great temple of Kundalini.
3. What does the Leader say about "grace" in Part I?
(a) It is not recognized by common people.
(b) It is regained by repentance.
(c) Once found it cannot be lost.
(d) It cannot be bought.
4. What do the officials instruct the narrator to do once he is a member of the League?
(a) Attach himself to a group of ten people en route to the expidition.
(b) Stand vigil over the sacred book for one full day and night.
(c) Meditate and prepare his body and soul to accept the Tao.
(d) Fast for forty days to prove he is worthy of the task before him.
5. Who or what occupies the narrator's thoughts the most on the journey in Part I?
(a) The Speaker.
(b) The Holy Grail.
(c) Solomon's Key.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mohamed's coffin is believed to hold what magical power?
2. In Part I, what does the narrator say world history often seems like?
3. What does the narrator say is the one paradox that must be accepted?
4. What unmerited reputation does the League have in Part I?
5. In Part I, where does the narrator say his happiness arises from?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)