|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who preserves the memory of Hohenstaufen?
(a) Urach and Staufen.
(c) The power of the crown gardians.
(d) The League Justice.
2. What does the Leader say about "grace" in Part I?
(a) It cannot be bought.
(b) It is not recognized by common people.
(c) It is regained by repentance.
(d) Once found it cannot be lost.
3. What does the narrator say about Leo at the end of Part I?
(a) He probably knows more than the entire group.
(b) He is closer than a brother to the narrator.
(c) He is very unreliable.
(d) He is the holder of Solomon's Key.
4. Where does the group think they will go after they see the Goblin?
(a) To the safety of the valley.
(b) Follow the Goblin to the signpost.
(c) Continue their journey without interruption.
(d) To the Blue Pot.
5. What do the officials instruct the narrator to do once he is a member of the League?
(a) Fast for forty days to prove he is worthy of the task before him.
(b) Meditate and prepare his body and soul to accept the Tao.
(c) Attach himself to a group of ten people en route to the expidition.
(d) Stand vigil over the sacred book for one full day and night.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part I, what does the narrator say the conquered nations are ready to believe in?
2. What does the narrator say is the one paradox that must be accepted?
3. What impression do most people have of the League?
4. What does the narrator say is in the East that disciples are traveling towards?
5. What is the first amazing phenomenon the narrator sees in Part I's journey?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)