|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part I, where does the narrator say his happiness arises from?
(a) Arriving at the King of Siam's colony and feasting with him.
(b) Meeting Mozrt and hearing him play.
(c) The freedom to experience everything simultaneously.
(d) Being able to see the Sun Mountains.
2. What is the narrator's life-goal?
(a) To capture a magical snake.
(b) To win the love of Princess Fatima.
(c) To travel with Roland.
(d) To understand the "Tao".
3. In Part One, who does the narrator quote as saying, "Where are we really going"?
(a) The League novitiates.
(b) The poet Novalis.
(d) The narrator.
4. How does the narrator describe all the artists, poets, and musicians among the group in Part I?
(a) The chief source of comfort for the group.
(b) Animated yet half-real, half-there.
(c) Distracting the group from their goal.
(d) Gracious hosts at the feast in Zurich.
5. What is the deserter relieved of by the Speaker in Part I?
(a) His cloak.
(b) His personal journal.
(c) His prayer book.
(d) His vow of silence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator's vow to the League forbid him to do?
2. What impression do most people have of the League?
3. In Part I, what is Longus doing in "the wood"?
4. Who or what occupies the narrator's thoughts the most on the journey in Part I?
5. How does the narrator describe the times early in Part I?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)