|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part I, what holds up the journey's progress in a small provincial town?
(a) The Journey leader quits.
(b) The opposition of Saturn and the moon.
(c) Terrible flooding.
(d) The Prince of the provinces.
2. In Part I, what is Longus doing in "the wood"?
(a) Playing with two white dogs.
(b) Meditating with Leo.
(c) Writing Greek and Hebrew.
(d) Carving his enchantment flute.
3. What impression do most people have of the League?
(a) It is a league of wonderous judges.
(b) It is the secret protectors of Christian artifacts.
(c) It is one of many newly blossomed cults.
(d) It is an ancient group of mystics.
4. In Part I, where does the narrator say his happiness arises from?
(a) Being able to see the Sun Mountains.
(b) Meeting Mozrt and hearing him play.
(c) Arriving at the King of Siam's colony and feasting with him.
(d) The freedom to experience everything simultaneously.
5. What is placed on the narrator as he is admitted into the League?
(a) A black fez with a red tassle and gold crescent.
(b) The League ring is placed on his finger.
(c) A brilliant purple cape with gold embroidery.
(d) A simple brown robe with a cowl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first amazing phenomenon the narrator sees in Part I's journey?
2. What does the narrator do at the end of his probation year in the League?
3. In Part I, what does the narrator say that several other authors claim?
4. In Part I, what does the narrator realize about the Journey East?
5. What is the unanimously observed rule of the group?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)