|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator do at the end of his probation year in the League?
(a) Dedicates his body and soul to the Journey East.
(b) Chooses a life of poverty and prayer.
(c) Pays his dues to become a full member.
(d) Climbs the mystical mountain to study under the League leader.
2. In Part I, who or what does the narrator meet at the riverside?
(a) A talking peacock.
(b) Charles the Great.
(d) Puss 'n Boots.
3. In Part I, how does the narrator describe encounters with different parties?
(a) As difficult and confusing.
(b) As pleasant, festive days.
(c) Parties ban together for the rest of the journey.
(d) Different parties are very secretive.
4. In Part I, what is Longus doing in "the wood"?
(a) Writing Greek and Hebrew.
(b) Carving his enchantment flute.
(c) Meditating with Leo.
(d) Playing with two white dogs.
5. How does the narrator describe his country at the end of the World War?
(a) It is full of saviors and prophets.
(b) It is enjoying a new prosperity.
(c) It is settling into a democratic time.
(d) It is under the rule of a strong dictator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator's life-goal?
2. What impression do most people have of the League?
3. How does the narrator describe the times early in Part I?
4. What is the first amazing phenomenon the narrator sees in Part I's journey?
5. Who does the narrator meet in Part I and love immediately?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)