|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part I, what holds up the journey's progress in a small provincial town?
(a) The Prince of the provinces.
(b) Terrible flooding.
(c) The Journey leader quits.
(d) The opposition of Saturn and the moon.
2. Who preserves the memory of Hohenstaufen?
(a) The power of the crown gardians.
(b) The League Justice.
(c) Urach and Staufen.
3. What does the narrator do at the end of his probation year in the League?
(a) Chooses a life of poverty and prayer.
(b) Pays his dues to become a full member.
(c) Climbs the mystical mountain to study under the League leader.
(d) Dedicates his body and soul to the Journey East.
4. In Part I, what does the narrator say world history often seems like?
(a) A waste of time to study.
(b) A short respite between national wars.
(c) Glorious revelations of previous generations.
(d) Humanity's desire to erase its memory.
5. What does the narrator say is the one paradox that must be accepted?
(a) Love conquers all obstacles.
(b) Life and death are inseparable.
(c) It is necessary to attempt the seemingly impossible.
(d) A fool is wiser than the greatest king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator says is impairing him as he starts his narration early in Part I?
2. Who does the narrator meet in Part I and love immediately?
3. Mohamed's coffin is believed to hold what magical power?
4. How does the narrator describe the times early in Part I?
5. In Part I, what does the narrator realize about the Journey East?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)