|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe all the artists, poets, and musicians among the group in Part I?
(a) The chief source of comfort for the group.
(b) Gracious hosts at the feast in Zurich.
(c) Distracting the group from their goal.
(d) Animated yet half-real, half-there.
2. In Part I, what does the narrator believe is his great fortune?
(a) To inherit a modest fortune.
(b) To find a rare map.
(c) To belong to the League.
(d) To be a gifted writer.
3. In Part One, who does the narrator quote as saying, "Where are we really going"?
(a) The League novitiates.
(c) The narrator.
(d) The poet Novalis.
4. What does the narrator say about Leo at the end of Part I?
(a) He is closer than a brother to the narrator.
(b) He is very unreliable.
(c) He probably knows more than the entire group.
(d) He is the holder of Solomon's Key.
5. What does the narrator do at the end of his probation year in the League?
(a) Climbs the mystical mountain to study under the League leader.
(b) Dedicates his body and soul to the Journey East.
(c) Pays his dues to become a full member.
(d) Chooses a life of poverty and prayer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the group think they will go after they see the Goblin?
2. What is the deserter relieved of by the Speaker in Part I?
3. In Part I, what does the narrator say the conquered nations are ready to believe in?
4. In Part I, how does the narrator describe encounters with different parties?
5. What is the unanimously observed rule of the group?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)