|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unmerited reputation does the League have in Part I?
(a) They are commisioned by St. Christopher.
(b) They will restore the monarchy.
(c) They will overthrow the government in India.
(d) They will take back the Holy Land.
2. What does the narrator say about Leo at the end of Part I?
(a) He is closer than a brother to the narrator.
(b) He is the holder of Solomon's Key.
(c) He is very unreliable.
(d) He probably knows more than the entire group.
3. What is the deserter relieved of by the Speaker in Part I?
(a) His prayer book.
(b) His cloak.
(c) His personal journal.
(d) His vow of silence.
4. Mohamed's coffin is believed to hold what magical power?
(a) One can rise one freely into the air.
(b) One gains immediate entrance into paradise.
(c) One will gain the power to speak to animals.
(d) One receives the ability to judge all men righteously.
5. Who preserves the memory of Hohenstaufen?
(a) The League Justice.
(b) The power of the crown gardians.
(d) Urach and Staufen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the unanimously observed rule of the group?
2. In Part I, what does the narrator believe is his great fortune?
3. Who or what occupies the narrator's thoughts the most on the journey in Part I?
4. What does the narrator's vow to the League forbid him to do?
5. In Part I, what does the narrator say world history often seems like?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)