|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the deserter wish to do some time later?
(a) Gain the confidence of the League Speaker.
(b) Be forgiven and rejoin the League.
(c) Expose the League's secrets.
(d) Write his memoirs for publication.
2. What does H.H. say his belief is susceptible to in Part II?
(a) Many different opions.
(b) The success of the journey.
(c) The persuasion of the leader.
(d) The whims of his emotions.
3. According to H.H., what must the historian do to allow meaning into a narrative?
(a) Invent units, heroes, nations, and ideas.
(b) Provide a common thread of knowlege for all of history.
(c) Create realistic scenes with vivid imagery.
(d) Remain as true to the actual events as possible.
4. Who unexpectedly disappears from the journey as Part II opens?
5. What impression do most people have of the League?
(a) It is a league of wonderous judges.
(b) It is an ancient group of mystics.
(c) It is the secret protectors of Christian artifacts.
(d) It is one of many newly blossomed cults.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that H.H. says a historian searches for in events?
2. How does H.H. describe certain articles in Part II?
3. What does the narrator say is in the East that disciples are traveling towards?
4. In Part I, what does the narrator say that several other authors claim?
5. How does the narrator describe his country at the end of the World War?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)