|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part I, what does the narrator realize about the Journey East?
(a) It brings full enlightment to each traveler.
(b) It is a procession of believers moving towards the East.
(c) It is a long and difficult journey.
(d) It is a single pilgrmage.
2. In Part I, what does the narrator say world history often seems like?
(a) Humanity's desire to erase its memory.
(b) Glorious revelations of previous generations.
(c) A short respite between national wars.
(d) A waste of time to study.
3. What is the narrator's life-goal?
(a) To capture a magical snake.
(b) To travel with Roland.
(c) To understand the "Tao".
(d) To win the love of Princess Fatima.
4. What does the deserter wish to do some time later?
(a) Gain the confidence of the League Speaker.
(b) Write his memoirs for publication.
(c) Expose the League's secrets.
(d) Be forgiven and rejoin the League.
5. What does the narrator do at the end of his probation year in the League?
(a) Climbs the mystical mountain to study under the League leader.
(b) Pays his dues to become a full member.
(c) Dedicates his body and soul to the Journey East.
(d) Chooses a life of poverty and prayer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H.H. believe is the most memorable event in Part II?
2. What is placed on the narrator as he is admitted into the League?
3. In Part One, who does the narrator quote as saying, "Where are we really going"?
4. In Part I, what holds up the journey's progress in a small provincial town?
5. How far has the journey traveled as Part II begins?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)