|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part II, what does H.H. say he would willing exchange his belief for?
(a) A chance to see the Christ child.
(b) A more hopeful belief.
(c) A chance to converse with Siddhartha.
(d) A chance to go home.
2. In Part I, what does the narrator say world history often seems like?
(a) A short respite between national wars.
(b) Glorious revelations of previous generations.
(c) A waste of time to study.
(d) Humanity's desire to erase its memory.
3. What does H.H. say has exaggerated value in Part II?
(a) Lukas' description of the World War.
(b) A missing document.
(c) The success of the journey.
(d) The power of the League.
4. At the beginning of Part II, who or what else is missing?
(a) Food needed for the rest of the journey.
(b) Other things from everyone.
(c) Orders from the Caliph.
(d) Instructions from the League Court.
5. Where does the group think they will go after they see the Goblin?
(a) Follow the Goblin to the signpost.
(b) To the Blue Pot.
(c) Continue their journey without interruption.
(d) To the safety of the valley.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part I, what does the narrator believe is his great fortune?
2. What does the deserter wish to do some time later?
3. In Part II, how does H.H. describe what everything has become to him?
4. How does the narrator describe the times early in Part I?
5. What is the unanimously observed rule of the group?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)