|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Leo described by H.H. in Part II?
(a) He has a handsome face and good humor.
(b) He is a thief.
(c) He is no longer important to the journey.
(d) He is old and wise.
2. At the beginning of Part II, who or what else is missing?
(a) Instructions from the League Court.
(b) Food needed for the rest of the journey.
(c) Other things from everyone.
(d) Orders from the Caliph.
3. What happens to H.H.'s first attempt to tell his story?
(a) He is brought to a halt by a single, small episode.
(b) He loses his journal.
(c) He believes the journey is not worth remembering.
(d) He is too sad to remember the events.
4. What does the deserter wish to do some time later?
(a) Write his memoirs for publication.
(b) Gain the confidence of the League Speaker.
(c) Expose the League's secrets.
(d) Be forgiven and rejoin the League.
5. How does the narrator describe his country at the end of the World War?
(a) It is full of saviors and prophets.
(b) It is enjoying a new prosperity.
(c) It is settling into a democratic time.
(d) It is under the rule of a strong dictator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H.H. says happens when he examines things too closely?
2. According to H.H. what is new to the group in Part II?
3. How does the narrator describe the times early in Part I?
4. What or who does H.H. say historical events happen to?
5. At the beginning of Part II, where does the character leave the journey?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)