|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unmerited reputation does the League have in Part I?
(a) They will overthrow the government in India.
(b) They will restore the monarchy.
(c) They are commisioned by St. Christopher.
(d) They will take back the Holy Land.
2. In Part One, who does the narrator quote as saying, "Where are we really going"?
(a) The League novitiates.
(c) The poet Novalis.
(d) The narrator.
3. In Part I, what does the narrator believe is his great fortune?
(a) To be a gifted writer.
(b) To belong to the League.
(c) To inherit a modest fortune.
(d) To find a rare map.
4. What is the first amazing phenomenon the narrator sees in Part I's journey?
(a) Agramant fighting the League leader.
(b) Saint Christopher pointing to the left.
(c) Leo turning himself into a dog.
(d) The Child Savior showing the way east.
5. What does H.H. say no longer exists in the group?
(a) The strength to stay on the journey.
(b) The ability to remain in the League.
(c) The desire to maintain unity.
(d) The desire to reach their individual goals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator do at the end of his probation year in the League?
2. In Part I, what is Longus doing in "the wood"?
3. At the beginning of Part II, where does the character leave the journey?
4. In Part I, what does the narrator realize about the Journey East?
5. What does the deserter wish to do some time later?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)