|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say about Leo at the end of Part I?
(a) He probably knows more than the entire group.
(b) He is very unreliable.
(c) He is closer than a brother to the narrator.
(d) He is the holder of Solomon's Key.
2. What time of year does H.H. recall in Part II?
(b) Summer/Bacchus Festival.
3. How does H.H. describe his demeanor in Part II?
(a) He becomes determined to succeed.
(b) He has feelings of sadness and doubt.
(c) He becomes angry and sullen.
(d) He is restless.
4. In Part One, who does the narrator quote as saying, "Where are we really going"?
(a) The League novitiates.
(c) The narrator.
(d) The poet Novalis.
5. What does the deserter wish to do some time later?
(a) Gain the confidence of the League Speaker.
(b) Expose the League's secrets.
(c) Write his memoirs for publication.
(d) Be forgiven and rejoin the League.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator do at the end of his probation year in the League?
2. What do the officials instruct the narrator to do once he is a member of the League?
3. Where do many of the journey members believe League documents are deposited?
4. What does everyone agree on about a particular document in Part II?
5. In Part I, what does the narrator realize about the Journey East?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)