|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What or who does H.H. say historical events happen to?
(a) The victors.
(b) The participants.
(c) The nameless.
(d) The future.
2. What is it that H.H. says a historian searches for in events?
(a) The truth.
(b) The center, the common standpoint.
(c) The importance of the matter.
(d) The relevance of the event.
3. What does H.H. say no longer exists in the group?
(a) The desire to maintain unity.
(b) The strength to stay on the journey.
(c) The desire to reach their individual goals.
(d) The ability to remain in the League.
4. According to H.H., what must the historian do to allow meaning into a narrative?
(a) Provide a common thread of knowlege for all of history.
(b) Remain as true to the actual events as possible.
(c) Invent units, heroes, nations, and ideas.
(d) Create realistic scenes with vivid imagery.
5. In Part II, another person on the journey claims what about certain writings?
(a) They are original characters known only by the master.
(b) They are understood only by League members.
(c) They are writings in French and Hebrew.
(d) They are important German writings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unmerited reputation does the League have in Part I?
2. In Part II, what does H.H. say he would willing exchange his belief for?
3. In Part I, who or what does the narrator meet at the riverside?
4. Who preserves the memory of Hohenstaufen?
5. What does H.H. says happens when he examines things too closely?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)