|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to H.H., what must the historian do to allow meaning into a narrative?
(a) Remain as true to the actual events as possible.
(b) Invent units, heroes, nations, and ideas.
(c) Provide a common thread of knowlege for all of history.
(d) Create realistic scenes with vivid imagery.
2. What happens to H.H.'s first attempt to tell his story?
(a) He is brought to a halt by a single, small episode.
(b) He believes the journey is not worth remembering.
(c) He loses his journal.
(d) He is too sad to remember the events.
3. In Part I, what does the narrator believe is his great fortune?
(a) To inherit a modest fortune.
(b) To belong to the League.
(c) To be a gifted writer.
(d) To find a rare map.
4. What does H.H. say no longer exists in the group?
(a) The strength to stay on the journey.
(b) The desire to reach their individual goals.
(c) The ability to remain in the League.
(d) The desire to maintain unity.
5. At the beginning of Part II, who or what else is missing?
(a) Orders from the Caliph.
(b) Other things from everyone.
(c) Instructions from the League Court.
(d) Food needed for the rest of the journey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What or who does H.H. wish to save in Part II?
2. What does the narrator say is in the East that disciples are traveling towards?
3. Who or what occupies the narrator's thoughts the most on the journey in Part I?
4. In Part I, what does the narrator realize about the Journey East?
5. In Part II, another person on the journey claims what about certain writings?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)