|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is placed on the narrator as he is admitted into the League?
(a) A simple brown robe with a cowl.
(b) A brilliant purple cape with gold embroidery.
(c) The League ring is placed on his finger.
(d) A black fez with a red tassle and gold crescent.
2. In Part I, what does the narrator believe is his great fortune?
(a) To be a gifted writer.
(b) To inherit a modest fortune.
(c) To belong to the League.
(d) To find a rare map.
3. How does the narrator describe his country at the end of the World War?
(a) It is settling into a democratic time.
(b) It is enjoying a new prosperity.
(c) It is full of saviors and prophets.
(d) It is under the rule of a strong dictator.
4. Where does the group think they will go after they see the Goblin?
(a) Continue their journey without interruption.
(b) To the Blue Pot.
(c) To the safety of the valley.
(d) Follow the Goblin to the signpost.
5. In Part One, who does the narrator quote as saying, "Where are we really going"?
(b) The narrator.
(c) The poet Novalis.
(d) The League novitiates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does everyone agree on about a particular document in Part II?
2. What leads to heated arguments within the group at the beginning of Part II?
3. At the beginning of Part II, who or what else is missing?
4. In Part I, what is Longus doing in "the wood"?
5. What does H.H. believe is the most memorable event in Part II?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)