|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the times early in Part I?
(a) Remarkable times.
(b) Prosperous times.
(c) Painful times.
(d) Difficult times.
2. In Part II, another person on the journey claims what about certain writings?
(a) They are original characters known only by the master.
(b) They are writings in French and Hebrew.
(c) They are important German writings.
(d) They are understood only by League members.
3. According to H.H. what is new to the group in Part II?
(a) Their disputes.
(b) Their leader.
(c) Their goals.
(d) Their spirituality.
4. In Part II, what does H.H. say is the only important thing in his life?
(a) The love of Fatima.
(b) The League's Journey East.
(c) Writing his memoirs.
(d) The Conquest of the Ottoman Empire.
5. What is the narrator's life-goal?
(a) To capture a magical snake.
(b) To win the love of Princess Fatima.
(c) To understand the "Tao".
(d) To travel with Roland.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part I, how does the narrator describe encounters with different parties?
2. At the beginning of Part II, who or what else is missing?
3. What belief does H.H. say he is sadly sure of?
4. Who preserves the memory of Hohenstaufen?
5. Who or what occupies the narrator's thoughts the most on the journey in Part I?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)