|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who unexpectedly disappears from the journey as Part II opens?
2. How does the narrator describe his country at the end of the World War?
(a) It is settling into a democratic time.
(b) It is full of saviors and prophets.
(c) It is under the rule of a strong dictator.
(d) It is enjoying a new prosperity.
3. How does the narrator describe the times early in Part I?
(a) Difficult times.
(b) Remarkable times.
(c) Painful times.
(d) Prosperous times.
4. What does H.H. say his belief is susceptible to in Part II?
(a) The success of the journey.
(b) The persuasion of the leader.
(c) Many different opions.
(d) The whims of his emotions.
5. In Part I, who or what does the narrator meet at the riverside?
(a) Charles the Great.
(b) A talking peacock.
(c) Puss 'n Boots.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does H.H. describe his demeanor in Part II?
2. What leads to heated arguments within the group at the beginning of Part II?
3. In the beginning of Part II, how does H.H. say the character's disappearance came about?
4. What unmerited reputation does the League have in Part I?
5. In Part I, how does the narrator describe encounters with different parties?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)