|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator do at the end of his probation year in the League?
(a) Dedicates his body and soul to the Journey East.
(b) Chooses a life of poverty and prayer.
(c) Climbs the mystical mountain to study under the League leader.
(d) Pays his dues to become a full member.
2. What time of year does H.H. recall in Part II?
(b) Summer/Bacchus Festival.
3. What does everyone agree on about a particular document in Part II?
(a) It is an original.
(b) It is of great value.
(c) It is in a linen bag.
(d) It is a copy.
4. What does the narrator say each member on the Journey East has to have?
(a) Food enough to share with each traveller.
(b) Their own private goals.
(c) A common goal.
(d) Sturdy boots and clothing.
5. In Part I, what does the narrator say the conquered nations are ready to believe in?
(a) A time of great exploration.
(b) Long lasting peace.
(c) Their freedom.
(d) Things beyond reality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator's vow to the League forbid him to do?
2. What is placed on the narrator as he is admitted into the League?
3. What does the narrator say about Leo at the end of Part I?
4. In the beginning of Part II, how does H.H. say the character's disappearance came about?
5. What belief does H.H. say he is sadly sure of?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)