|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far has the journey traveled as Part II begins?
(a) To the woods of Lindhorst.
(b) Beyond the Alps into Ancient Macedonia.
(c) Almost to the Pyramids of Egypt.
(d) Through half of Europe and a portion of the Middle Ages.
2. In Part II, what does H.H. say is very difficult for him to do?
(a) Prevent the League from taking his journal.
(b) Attest clearly to what he experienced.
(c) Relate a number of events connectedly.
(d) Make Leo understand why he must tell his story.
3. What does H.H. says happens when he examines things too closely?
(a) They come into sharp relief.
(b) THey are imprinted forever in his memory.
(c) They slip away and dissolve.
(d) They become a heavy burden.
4. What does the deserter wish to do some time later?
(a) Be forgiven and rejoin the League.
(b) Write his memoirs for publication.
(c) Gain the confidence of the League Speaker.
(d) Expose the League's secrets.
5. In Part I, what does the narrator say the conquered nations are ready to believe in?
(a) A time of great exploration.
(b) Things beyond reality.
(c) Long lasting peace.
(d) Their freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to H.H. what is new to the group in Part II?
2. In the beginning of Part II, how does H.H. say the character's disappearance came about?
3. What is the deserter relieved of by the Speaker in Part I?
4. Where do many of the journey members believe League documents are deposited?
5. In Part I, what is Longus doing in "the wood"?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)