|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator's vow to the League forbid him to do?
(a) Communicate anything about his personal experiences.
(b) Disclose anything about the League.
(c) Advocate for another member if they are courtmartialed.
(d) Die for the sake of the League.
2. How does H.H. describe his demeanor in Part II?
(a) He is restless.
(b) He becomes determined to succeed.
(c) He becomes angry and sullen.
(d) He has feelings of sadness and doubt.
3. What is the narrator's life-goal?
(a) To capture a magical snake.
(b) To win the love of Princess Fatima.
(c) To travel with Roland.
(d) To understand the "Tao".
4. In Part I, what does the narrator say the conquered nations are ready to believe in?
(a) A time of great exploration.
(b) Their freedom.
(c) Things beyond reality.
(d) Long lasting peace.
5. How is Leo described by H.H. in Part II?
(a) He is a thief.
(b) He is old and wise.
(c) He has a handsome face and good humor.
(d) He is no longer important to the journey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the officials instruct the narrator to do once he is a member of the League?
2. Who preserves the memory of Hohenstaufen?
3. What is H.H.'s hope as Part II ends?
4. According to H.H., what must the historian do to allow meaning into a narrative?
5. How does the narrator describe his country at the end of the World War?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)