|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who preserves the memory of Hohenstaufen?
(a) The League Justice.
(b) The power of the crown gardians.
(d) Urach and Staufen.
2. What belief does H.H. say he is sadly sure of?
(a) His health will weaken befor the Journey is complete.
(b) He will never meet Princess Fatima.
(c) The original League document is in Leo's bag.
(d) His friend, Lukas, is a liar.
3. What happens to H.H.'s first attempt to tell his story?
(a) He believes the journey is not worth remembering.
(b) He is brought to a halt by a single, small episode.
(c) He loses his journal.
(d) He is too sad to remember the events.
4. What doubts do H.H.'s memory of the journey and participants of the World War share?
(a) Whether they will ever forget.
(b) Whether others care what happened to them.
(c) Whether their story is worth telling.
(d) Whether or not they really experienced it.
5. In Part I, how does the narrator describe encounters with different parties?
(a) Parties ban together for the rest of the journey.
(b) As pleasant, festive days.
(c) As difficult and confusing.
(d) Different parties are very secretive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what does H.H. say is the basis of his community in Part II?
2. What does the narrator say is the one paradox that must be accepted?
3. What or who does H.H. say historical events happen to?
4. What does H.H. says happens when he examines things too closely?
5. What unmerited reputation does the League have in Part I?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)