|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the group think they will go after they see the Goblin?
(a) To the safety of the valley.
(b) To the Blue Pot.
(c) Follow the Goblin to the signpost.
(d) Continue their journey without interruption.
2. What doubts do H.H.'s memory of the journey and participants of the World War share?
(a) Whether or not they really experienced it.
(b) Whether others care what happened to them.
(c) Whether they will ever forget.
(d) Whether their story is worth telling.
3. At the beginning of Part II, where does the character leave the journey?
(c) Morbio Inferiore.
4. What does the narrator say is in the East that disciples are traveling towards?
(a) The great temple of Kundalini.
(b) The Home of LIght.
(c) The Bacchanalian feast.
(d) The dawning of the Third Empire.
5. In Part I, what holds up the journey's progress in a small provincial town?
(a) The Prince of the provinces.
(b) Terrible flooding.
(c) The opposition of Saturn and the moon.
(d) The Journey leader quits.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does H.H. describe his demeanor in Part II?
2. Mohamed's coffin is believed to hold what magical power?
3. According to H.H. what is new to the group in Part II?
4. What unmerited reputation does the League have in Part I?
5. What does H.H. says happens when he examines things too closely?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)