|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator do at the end of his probation year in the League?
(a) Pays his dues to become a full member.
(b) Climbs the mystical mountain to study under the League leader.
(c) Dedicates his body and soul to the Journey East.
(d) Chooses a life of poverty and prayer.
2. Where do many of the journey members believe League documents are deposited?
(a) In the League Library at Zurich.
(b) In a temple in Rome.
(c) In an ancient Greek library.
(d) In four old capitals.
3. What does H.H. says happens when he examines things too closely?
(a) THey are imprinted forever in his memory.
(b) They become a heavy burden.
(c) They come into sharp relief.
(d) They slip away and dissolve.
4. What or who does H.H. wish to save in Part II?
(a) The League's court decisions.
(b) Some records of their great cause.
(c) The Count of Keyserling.
(d) His faith.
5. In Part I, what does the narrator say that several other authors claim?
(a) They have give accurate descriptions of the East.
(b) They are brothers of the League
(c) They have traveled the world.
(d) They are experts in archeology.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far has the journey traveled as Part II begins?
2. In Part II, what does H.H. say he would willing exchange his belief for?
3. What does the narrator say about Leo at the end of Part I?
4. Who unexpectedly disappears from the journey as Part II opens?
5. What does the narrator's vow to the League forbid him to do?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)