|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Leader say about "grace" in Part I?
(a) It cannot be bought.
(b) Once found it cannot be lost.
(c) It is not recognized by common people.
(d) It is regained by repentance.
2. What is it that H.H. says a historian searches for in events?
(a) The truth.
(b) The importance of the matter.
(c) The relevance of the event.
(d) The center, the common standpoint.
3. According to H.H. what is new to the group in Part II?
(a) Their leader.
(b) Their goals.
(c) Their spirituality.
(d) Their disputes.
4. In Part I, what is Longus doing in "the wood"?
(a) Meditating with Leo.
(b) Playing with two white dogs.
(c) Carving his enchantment flute.
(d) Writing Greek and Hebrew.
5. What does the narrator do at the end of his probation year in the League?
(a) Pays his dues to become a full member.
(b) Chooses a life of poverty and prayer.
(c) Climbs the mystical mountain to study under the League leader.
(d) Dedicates his body and soul to the Journey East.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part II, what does H.H. say most historians want to do?
2. Mohamed's coffin is believed to hold what magical power?
3. Who or what does H.H. say is the basis of his community in Part II?
4. What happens to H.H.'s first attempt to tell his story?
5. Who preserves the memory of Hohenstaufen?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)