|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part II, what does H.H. say he would willing exchange his belief for?
(a) A more hopeful belief.
(b) A chance to see the Christ child.
(c) A chance to go home.
(d) A chance to converse with Siddhartha.
2. What leads to heated arguments within the group at the beginning of Part II?
(a) The leader's inablilty to gain the group's confidence.
(b) H.H.'s very bad temper.
(c) Whether or not to continue the journey.
(d) The possible loss of an important document.
3. In Part II, how does H.H. describe what everything has become to him?
(a) Nightmares that keep him from falling asleep.
(b) Clear images reflected in a mirror.
(c) Hazy memories that disappear like a mist.
(d) A mass of separate fragmentory pictures.
4. What does the narrator say each member on the Journey East has to have?
(a) Sturdy boots and clothing.
(b) Food enough to share with each traveller.
(c) Their own private goals.
(d) A common goal.
5. What does the narrator's vow to the League forbid him to do?
(a) Communicate anything about his personal experiences.
(b) Die for the sake of the League.
(c) Advocate for another member if they are courtmartialed.
(d) Disclose anything about the League.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part I, what does the narrator say world history often seems like?
2. In Part I, what holds up the journey's progress in a small provincial town?
3. What happens to H.H.'s first attempt to tell his story?
4. What does the Leader say about "grace" in Part I?
5. What unmerited reputation does the League have in Part I?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)