|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unmerited reputation does the League have in Part I?
(a) They will take back the Holy Land.
(b) They are commisioned by St. Christopher.
(c) They will restore the monarchy.
(d) They will overthrow the government in India.
2. What or who does H.H. say historical events happen to?
(a) The future.
(b) The nameless.
(c) The victors.
(d) The participants.
3. In Part I, how does the narrator describe encounters with different parties?
(a) Parties ban together for the rest of the journey.
(b) As difficult and confusing.
(c) As pleasant, festive days.
(d) Different parties are very secretive.
4. Who or what occupies the narrator's thoughts the most on the journey in Part I?
(a) The Speaker.
(c) The Holy Grail.
(d) Solomon's Key.
5. According to H.H., what must the historian do to allow meaning into a narrative?
(a) Remain as true to the actual events as possible.
(b) Provide a common thread of knowlege for all of history.
(c) Create realistic scenes with vivid imagery.
(d) Invent units, heroes, nations, and ideas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the deserter wish to do some time later?
2. What does H.H. say has exaggerated value in Part II?
3. In Part II, where does one man assert an important document is?
4. How does the narrator describe his country at the end of the World War?
5. What is it that H.H. says a historian searches for in events?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)