|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe all the artists, poets, and musicians among the group in Part I?
(a) The chief source of comfort for the group.
(b) Animated yet half-real, half-there.
(c) Gracious hosts at the feast in Zurich.
(d) Distracting the group from their goal.
2. What does the narrator's vow to the League forbid him to do?
(a) Advocate for another member if they are courtmartialed.
(b) Communicate anything about his personal experiences.
(c) Disclose anything about the League.
(d) Die for the sake of the League.
3. Who unexpectedly disappears from the journey as Part II opens?
4. How does H.H. describe his demeanor in Part II?
(a) He becomes angry and sullen.
(b) He becomes determined to succeed.
(c) He has feelings of sadness and doubt.
(d) He is restless.
5. What doubts do H.H.'s memory of the journey and participants of the World War share?
(a) Whether their story is worth telling.
(b) Whether others care what happened to them.
(c) Whether they will ever forget.
(d) Whether or not they really experienced it.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part II, what does H.H. say he would willing exchange his belief for?
2. In Part I, how does the narrator describe encounters with different parties?
3. What is it that H.H. says a historian searches for in events?
4. What leads to heated arguments within the group at the beginning of Part II?
5. According to H.H., what does the disappearance of a particular member threaten?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)