|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does H.H. say he will do no matter what happens?
(a) Work until he dies.
(b) Reach his ultimate goal.
(c) Exercise his will.
(d) Never break his vow.
2. In Part I, what does the narrator say the conquered nations are ready to believe in?
(a) Their freedom.
(b) Long lasting peace.
(c) A time of great exploration.
(d) Things beyond reality.
3. What does Lukas say H.H. keeps coming back to?
(a) His conversations about the League.
(b) Leo's Christian nature.
(c) His episode with Leo.
(d) His nightmares.
4. According to H.H., what does the disappearance of a particular member threaten?
(a) The secrecy of the League.
(b) The value and meaning of everything, even life.
(c) The future of the League.
(d) Leo's ability to perform magic.
5. What does H.H. say has exaggerated value in Part II?
(a) Lukas' description of the World War.
(b) A missing document.
(c) The power of the League.
(d) The success of the journey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the officials instruct the narrator to do once he is a member of the League?
2. What doubts do H.H.'s memory of the journey and participants of the World War share?
3. In Part III, what does H.H. say is similar to when he first started on his expedition?
4. How does H.H. describe his demeanor in Part II?
5. Who or what occupies the narrator's thoughts the most on the journey in Part I?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)