|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part One, who does the narrator quote as saying, "Where are we really going"?
(a) The narrator.
(b) The League novitiates.
(d) The poet Novalis.
2. What impression do most people have of the League?
(a) It is the secret protectors of Christian artifacts.
(b) It is a league of wonderous judges.
(c) It is an ancient group of mystics.
(d) It is one of many newly blossomed cults.
3. What doubts do H.H.'s memory of the journey and participants of the World War share?
(a) Whether their story is worth telling.
(b) Whether they will ever forget.
(c) Whether others care what happened to them.
(d) Whether or not they really experienced it.
4. What does the narrator say about Leo at the end of Part I?
(a) He is very unreliable.
(b) He is the holder of Solomon's Key.
(c) He probably knows more than the entire group.
(d) He is closer than a brother to the narrator.
5. Who or what does H.H. say he scorns at the beginning of Part III?
(a) All evasion.
(b) HIs memories.
(c) His mentor.
(d) The League.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part I, what does the narrator believe is his great fortune?
2. What does H.H. say is stronger than reality?
3. What does H.H. say no longer exists in the group?
4. What does the deserter wish to do some time later?
5. According to H.H. what is new to the group in Part II?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)