|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to H.H.'s first attempt to tell his story?
(a) He is brought to a halt by a single, small episode.
(b) He is too sad to remember the events.
(c) He believes the journey is not worth remembering.
(d) He loses his journal.
2. What does the narrator do at the end of his probation year in the League?
(a) Dedicates his body and soul to the Journey East.
(b) Climbs the mystical mountain to study under the League leader.
(c) Chooses a life of poverty and prayer.
(d) Pays his dues to become a full member.
3. In Part II, what does H.H. say is very difficult for him to do?
(a) Make Leo understand why he must tell his story.
(b) Attest clearly to what he experienced.
(c) Prevent the League from taking his journal.
(d) Relate a number of events connectedly.
4. In Part I, who or what does the narrator meet at the riverside?
(a) A talking peacock.
(b) Puss 'n Boots.
(d) Charles the Great.
5. What does the narrator say is in the East that disciples are traveling towards?
(a) The dawning of the Third Empire.
(b) The great temple of Kundalini.
(c) The Home of LIght.
(d) The Bacchanalian feast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the deserter relieved of by the Speaker in Part I?
2. What is H.H.'s hope as Part II ends?
3. At the beginning of Part II, who or what else is missing?
4. What do Lukas and his friends say about H.H.'s "Journey to the East"?
5. According to H.H., what does the disappearance of a particular member threaten?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)