|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who unexpectedly disappears from the journey as Part II opens?
2. Mohamed's coffin is believed to hold what magical power?
(a) One receives the ability to judge all men righteously.
(b) One will gain the power to speak to animals.
(c) One can rise one freely into the air.
(d) One gains immediate entrance into paradise.
3. How many conversations does H.H. say he and Lukas have?
(a) Two long discussions.
(b) One brief encounter.
(c) They converse daily.
(d) He doesn't say.
4. In Part One, who does the narrator quote as saying, "Where are we really going"?
(a) The poet Novalis.
(c) The narrator.
(d) The League novitiates.
5. In Part II, how does H.H. describe what everything has become to him?
(a) A mass of separate fragmentory pictures.
(b) Hazy memories that disappear like a mist.
(c) Clear images reflected in a mirror.
(d) Nightmares that keep him from falling asleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Part II, how does H.H. say the character's disappearance came about?
2. How does H.H. say he will approach his task in Part III?
3. What or who does H.H. wish to save in Part II?
4. What does Lukas compare H.H.'s experiences on the journey to?
5. Who or what does H.H. say he scorns at the beginning of Part III?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)