|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part I, what is Longus doing in "the wood"?
(a) Carving his enchantment flute.
(b) Playing with two white dogs.
(c) Meditating with Leo.
(d) Writing Greek and Hebrew.
2. Who preserves the memory of Hohenstaufen?
(a) Urach and Staufen.
(b) The League Justice.
(c) The power of the crown gardians.
3. In Part II, what does H.H. say most historians want to do?
(a) Portray only what they want to remember.
(b) Portray only what is important to them.
(c) Portray events sincerely.
(d) Portray events as they see them.
4. As Part III opens, what is H.H. trying to find his way through?
(b) His anger.
(c) His difficulty.
(d) A sandstorm.
5. What does H.H. describe as hallucinations?
(a) His dreams.
(b) His ambitions.
(c) His reality.
(d) His memories.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what does H.H. say is the basis of his community in Part II?
2. Who or what occupies the narrator's thoughts the most on the journey in Part I?
3. In Part I, what does the narrator say that several other authors claim?
4. What does Lukas say he finally was able to accomplish?
5. In Part I, what holds up the journey's progress in a small provincial town?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)