|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does H.H. says happens when he examines things too closely?
(a) They become a heavy burden.
(b) They come into sharp relief.
(c) THey are imprinted forever in his memory.
(d) They slip away and dissolve.
2. What does the narrator do at the end of his probation year in the League?
(a) Climbs the mystical mountain to study under the League leader.
(b) Chooses a life of poverty and prayer.
(c) Pays his dues to become a full member.
(d) Dedicates his body and soul to the Journey East.
3. In Part II, what does H.H. say most historians want to do?
(a) Portray events as they see them.
(b) Portray only what they want to remember.
(c) Portray events sincerely.
(d) Portray only what is important to them.
4. According to H.H. what is new to the group in Part II?
(a) Their goals.
(b) Their disputes.
(c) Their spirituality.
(d) Their leader.
5. What is the unanimously observed rule of the group?
(a) Go to Africa and rescue a member from the Moors.
(b) Preach their gospel to all they met.
(c) Convert unbelievers along their journey,
(d) Pay homage to all the ancient places of the League.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does everyone agree on about a particular document in Part II?
2. How does H.H. say he will approach his task in Part III?
3. How does the narrator describe all the artists, poets, and musicians among the group in Part I?
4. What happens to H.H.'s first attempt to tell his story?
5. What does H.H. tell Lukas his current passion is in Part III?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)