|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part II, how does H.H. describe what everything has become to him?
(a) Hazy memories that disappear like a mist.
(b) Clear images reflected in a mirror.
(c) A mass of separate fragmentory pictures.
(d) Nightmares that keep him from falling asleep.
2. In Part I, what is Longus doing in "the wood"?
(a) Writing Greek and Hebrew.
(b) Carving his enchantment flute.
(c) Meditating with Leo.
(d) Playing with two white dogs.
3. What happens to the many new movements of the post-war years?
(a) They disappear.
(b) They strengthen.
(c) They change history.
(d) They make history.
4. What does the narrator say is the one paradox that must be accepted?
(a) It is necessary to attempt the seemingly impossible.
(b) Life and death are inseparable.
(c) Love conquers all obstacles.
(d) A fool is wiser than the greatest king.
5. At the beginning of Part III, how does H.H. remember feeling about his group's undertaking?
(a) It is impossible.
(b) It is a hopelss task.
(c) It is a pleasant journey.
(d) It is a blessing to be a part of.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unmerited reputation does the League have in Part I?
2. Who or what occupies the narrator's thoughts the most on the journey in Part I?
3. What does H.H. tell Lukas his current passion is in Part III?
4. What does the Leader say about "grace" in Part I?
5. What does the narrator say each member on the Journey East has to have?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)