|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What leads to heated arguments within the group at the beginning of Part II?
(a) The possible loss of an important document.
(b) H.H.'s very bad temper.
(c) Whether or not to continue the journey.
(d) The leader's inablilty to gain the group's confidence.
2. In Part I, what holds up the journey's progress in a small provincial town?
(a) The Prince of the provinces.
(b) The Journey leader quits.
(c) The opposition of Saturn and the moon.
(d) Terrible flooding.
3. In Part I, what does the narrator believe is his great fortune?
(a) To find a rare map.
(b) To belong to the League.
(c) To be a gifted writer.
(d) To inherit a modest fortune.
4. In Part II, what does H.H. say is the only important thing in his life?
(a) The Conquest of the Ottoman Empire.
(b) The love of Fatima.
(c) Writing his memoirs.
(d) The League's Journey East.
5. What does H.H. realize he is really trying to do when Part III ends?
(a) Believe in the League again.
(b) Prove Lukas wrong.
(c) Give his life meaning again.
(d) Find the traveler who disappeared on the journey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lukas suddenly do after describing his experiences?
2. What does the narrator says is impairing him as he starts his narration early in Part I?
3. What do the officials instruct the narrator to do once he is a member of the League?
4. In Part I, what does the narrator say that several other authors claim?
5. In Part II, where does one man assert an important document is?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)