|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Part II, how does H.H. say the character's disappearance came about?
(a) It is because of an accident.
(b) That character leaves the League.
(c) It is a link in a chain of disasterous events.
(d) That character has an emergency at home.
2. What does the narrator say is in the East that disciples are traveling towards?
(a) The dawning of the Third Empire.
(b) The great temple of Kundalini.
(c) The Bacchanalian feast.
(d) The Home of LIght.
3. What does Lukas believe is man's strongest hunger?
(a) To forget.
(b) To kill.
(c) To love.
(d) To understand.
4. What leads to heated arguments within the group at the beginning of Part II?
(a) Whether or not to continue the journey.
(b) The leader's inablilty to gain the group's confidence.
(c) H.H.'s very bad temper.
(d) The possible loss of an important document.
5. How does H.H. describe certain articles in Part II?
(a) As proofs that the League existed.
(b) As seemingly indispensable things.
(c) As precious tokens of their journey.
(d) As meaningless ornaments of the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say is the one paradox that must be accepted?
2. What do the man who live on the third floor do sometimes?
3. Where does the group think they will go after they see the Goblin?
4. In Part I, what does the narrator say that several other authors claim?
5. In Part II, what does H.H. say is very difficult for him to do?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)