|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what occupies the narrator's thoughts the most on the journey in Part I?
(a) The Speaker.
(b) The Holy Grail.
(c) Solomon's Key.
2. What does Lukas believe is man's strongest hunger?
(a) To understand.
(b) To kill.
(c) To love.
(d) To forget.
3. What does the narrator's vow to the League forbid him to do?
(a) Die for the sake of the League.
(b) Advocate for another member if they are courtmartialed.
(c) Disclose anything about the League.
(d) Communicate anything about his personal experiences.
4. What does H.H. believe is necessary to be able to write?
(a) A fixed idea.
(b) A good ending.
(c) A starting point.
(d) The truth.
5. In Part II, how does H.H. describe what everything has become to him?
(a) A mass of separate fragmentory pictures.
(b) Nightmares that keep him from falling asleep.
(c) Hazy memories that disappear like a mist.
(d) Clear images reflected in a mirror.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H.H. say he will do no matter what happens?
2. What is the unanimously observed rule of the group?
3. How is Leo described by H.H. in Part II?
4. What happens to H.H.'s first attempt to tell his story?
5. How does H.H.'s recollection of the his earlier journey affect him?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)