Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the person that Castaneda stays with when Don Juan goes off to do an errand?
2. Don Juan tells Castaneda: "The secret is not in what you do ________________, but rather in what you don't do."
3. Don Juan says that the storing of _________ is a personal thing that he cannot define or explain.
4. What is the yellow mass that Castaneda is told to stare at when he and Don Juan go to the desert?
5. The two men leave Castaneda on the mountain to decide whether he feels ready to keep his ___________.
Essay Topic 1
Don Genero talks to Castenada about being ready to tackle one's ally, which causes Castaneda to seriously consider whether he is ready for that challenge.
Part 1: Why do you think Don Genero told this story to Castaneda?
Part 2: Why doesn't Castaneda feel like he is ready to continue his learning?
Part 3: Why is is important to battle one's own ally? What will it provide to the warrior?
Essay Topic 2
The idea of 'not-doing' is one that is foreign to many people as our lives are centered on getting more and more done, it seems.
Part 1: How would you define the idea of 'not-doing' in the modern world?
Part 2: Why is 'not-doing' so important for the work that Don Juan and Castaneda are doing?
Part 3: What might happen if 'not-doing' was not a part of the lessons that Castaneda receives?
Essay Topic 3
The fear that Castaneda must have felt when Don Juan suggested he bury him is understandable.
Part 1: Why do you think Don Juan did not decide to bury Castaneda in the end?
Part 2: Why do you think Don Juan decided to tell Castaneda that he had thought about burying him before? Was this done purposefully?
Part 3: Do you think Don Juan ever had the true intention of burying Castaneda? Why or why not?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)