|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Juan tells Castaneda that the rocks around him are not rocks, but rather they are _________ that hold him suspended.
2. What is the yellow mass that Castaneda is told to stare at when he and Don Juan go to the desert?
3. What makes Castaneda and the item from #170 the same - Our __________ made us equal.
4. Don Juan says there is no set plan, but they must be in a state of constant ___________.
5. What does Don Juan tell Castaneda to use in order to relieve his muscles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Castaneda say is like a disease to him, which he begins to realize is a problem?
2. Why does Don Juan warn Castaneda not to turn around as they leave the Indians they have met?
3. What does Don Juan tell Castaneda about his feelings of remorse about his own life?
4. Why did Don Juan trick Castaneda into confronting La Catalina the month before?
5. How does Don Juan say that a good hunter will always know when someone else has been somewhere?
6. Why are the town partygoers annoyed with Castaneda, even though he buys drinks for everyone?
7. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda to wear around his neck?
8. What costume does Castaneda see Don Juan as wearing when he and the other men are sitting around the fire?
9. What does a warrior have to do when he is out on the hunt?
10. Why is Castaneda left on the mountain as the other two men walk away into the distance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The fear that Castaneda must have felt when Don Juan suggested he bury him is understandable.
Part 1: Why do you think Don Juan did not decide to bury Castaneda in the end?
Part 2: Why do you think Don Juan decided to tell Castaneda that he had thought about burying him before? Was this done purposefully?
Part 3: Do you think Don Juan ever had the true intention of burying Castaneda? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Assuming responsibility seems to be one of the first steps a person must take in the journey to self power and self awareness.
Part 1: Why is responsibility important to assume in one's life?
Part 2: Why is it important for Castaneda to learn more about responsibility?
Part 3: What might happen if Castaneda never assumed responsibility?
Essay Topic 3
Between Don Juan and Castaneda is a trust that seems to allow their work to be successful, even when it doesn't appear to do anything.
Part 1: Why do you think Castaneda trusts Don Juan during these lessons?
Part 2: What might happen if Castaneda didn't trust Don Juan or vice versa?
Part 3: Why is trust so important to have between these two men as they work together?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)