Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the person that Castaneda stays with when Don Juan goes off to do an errand?
2. Don Juan tells Castaneda: "The secret is not in what you do ________________, but rather in what you don't do."
3. Don Juan says that the storing of _________ is a personal thing that he cannot define or explain.
4. What is the yellow mass that Castaneda is told to stare at when he and Don Juan go to the desert?
5. The two men leave Castaneda on the mountain to decide whether he feels ready to keep his ___________.
Essay Topic 1
The idea of routine is one that seems to conflict with the process of hunting. After all, if one can be predictable, they can also be hunted.
Part 1: Why does Don Juan believe that routines are harmful to a person?
Part 2: Why does Castaneda think that routines are a good thing to have in one's life?
Part 3: What do you think? Do you think routines help or hurt people? Support your answer with real life experiences.
Essay Topic 2
The different images of Don Juan confuse the men who see him shift from one image to the next as the men relate their stories to each other.
Part 1: What do you think the significance is of each of the costumes that Don Juan seems to wear?
Part 2: Why do you think the image was different for each man?
Part 3: Why do you think Castaneda is convinced that his view was the right one?
Essay Topic 3
The disappearing car is certainly something that takes Castaneda by surprise and it seems to signal a new chapter in his growth.
Part 1: Why do you think the car's disappearance is important to Castaneda's learning?
Part 2: Do you think the car really disappeared? Why or why not?
Part 3: What do you think the lesson of the disappearing car might have been?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)