Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the person that Castaneda stays with when Don Juan goes off to do an errand?
2. Don Juan tells Castaneda: "The secret is not in what you do ________________, but rather in what you don't do."
3. Don Juan says that the storing of _________ is a personal thing that he cannot define or explain.
4. What is the yellow mass that Castaneda is told to stare at when he and Don Juan go to the desert?
5. The two men leave Castaneda on the mountain to decide whether he feels ready to keep his ___________.
The idea of routine is one that seems to conflict with the process of hunting. After all, if one can be predictable, they can also be hunted.
Part 1: Why does Don Juan believe that routines are harmful to a person?
Part 2: Why does Castaneda think that routines are a good thing to have in one's life?
Part 3: What do you think? Do you think routines help or hurt people? Support your answer with real life experiences.
Most people believe they need to be more accessible than to be less accessible to others, but Don Juan disagrees.
Part 1: Why is it important to be inaccessible to others? What are the benefits?
Part 2: Why is it harmful to be too accessible to others? What are the negatives associated with this practice?
Part 3: What do you think? Do you think accessibility should be restricted? Why or why not?
The concept of self-importance seems to be another obstacle that stands in the way of Castaneda's growth with the teaching of Don Juan.
Part 1: Why does Don Juan think self-importance is problematic for learning and growing?
Part 2: Why doesn't Castaneda recognize his own self-importance?
Part 3: How might self-importance affect Castaneda's ability to learn? Or would it? Why or why not?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)