|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who advises against Don Juan and Castaneda staying the night at the rock place of power?
2. But when Castaneda gets an explanation of the rings of power, he only wanted to get an explanation for ____________.
3. Don Juan tells Castaneda: "The secret is not in what you do ________________, but rather in what you don't do."
4. What are Don Juan and Castaneda going to search for when they drive off to the mountains?
5. Don Juan tells Castaneda to look without __________ until he sees something before him.
Essay Topic 1
Don Genero talks to Castenada about being ready to tackle one's ally, which causes Castaneda to seriously consider whether he is ready for that challenge.
Part 1: Why do you think Don Genero told this story to Castaneda?
Part 2: Why doesn't Castaneda feel like he is ready to continue his learning?
Part 3: Why is is important to battle one's own ally? What will it provide to the warrior?
Essay Topic 2
The fear that Castaneda must have felt when Don Juan suggested he bury him is understandable.
Part 1: Why do you think Don Juan did not decide to bury Castaneda in the end?
Part 2: Why do you think Don Juan decided to tell Castaneda that he had thought about burying him before? Was this done purposefully?
Part 3: Do you think Don Juan ever had the true intention of burying Castaneda? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Between Don Juan and Castaneda is a trust that seems to allow their work to be successful, even when it doesn't appear to do anything.
Part 1: Why do you think Castaneda trusts Don Juan during these lessons?
Part 2: What might happen if Castaneda didn't trust Don Juan or vice versa?
Part 3: Why is trust so important to have between these two men as they work together?
This section contains 1,624 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)