|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Needing explanations is like a ___________ to Castaneda, according to Don Juan's observations.
2. What is the outfit Castaneda sees Don Juan wear when he reemerges from his hiding place?
3. When Don Juan and Castaneda are together again, Castaneda inquires as to whether death is a ____________.
4. Castaneda admits that the __________ is only real when he is with Don Juan.
5. Don Juan says they must wait for an omen to know what to do with the ____________ who is interfering with Castaneda.
Essay Topic 1
The different images of Don Juan confuse the men who see him shift from one image to the next as the men relate their stories to each other.
Part 1: What do you think the significance is of each of the costumes that Don Juan seems to wear?
Part 2: Why do you think the image was different for each man?
Part 3: Why do you think Castaneda is convinced that his view was the right one?
Essay Topic 2
Don Juan is insistent that Castaneda must not want change because he doesn't seem to be changing much between their meetings.
Part 1: Why is it important to Don Juan that he see change in Castaneda?
Part 2: Do you think Castaneda really wants to change himself? Why or why not?
Part 3: Can a person avoid changing? Why or why not? Isn't change just a natural process that doesn't need to be instigated? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The fear that Castaneda must have felt when Don Juan suggested he bury him is understandable.
Part 1: Why do you think Don Juan did not decide to bury Castaneda in the end?
Part 2: Why do you think Don Juan decided to tell Castaneda that he had thought about burying him before? Was this done purposefully?
Part 3: Do you think Don Juan ever had the true intention of burying Castaneda? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,604 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)