|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Don Juan and Castaneda are together again, Castaneda inquires as to whether death is a ____________.
2. Don Juan admits he has seen his own death watching him and has danced to it as though he was __________.
3. Castaneda tells the creature that they are there to ______________ the world
4. What does Don Juan collect for the night, though he does not let Castaneda help him?
5. The jolt of tackling one's ally is so strong that Castaneda needs to be sure to keep his __________ closed.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the lesson that Castaneda learns from the beetle that comes out a hole inches from his face?
2. How does Don Juan say that a good hunter will always know when someone else has been somewhere?
3. Why are the town partygoers annoyed with Castaneda, even though he buys drinks for everyone?
4. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda, saying they will keep him warm during the night?
5. What is the purpose of the trip the men are taking to the mountain range?
6. Why aren't Don Juan and Castaneda staying the night at the rock conglomerate?
7. What does Don Juan tell Castaneda about his feelings of remorse about his own life?
8. What does a warrior have to do when he is out on the hunt?
9. What does Don Juan say about his own death and his interaction with it?
10. What needs to happen in order for Don Juan to know Castaneda is ready to hunt power?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The concept of self-importance seems to be another obstacle that stands in the way of Castaneda's growth with the teaching of Don Juan.
Part 1: Why does Don Juan think self-importance is problematic for learning and growing?
Part 2: Why doesn't Castaneda recognize his own self-importance?
Part 3: How might self-importance affect Castaneda's ability to learn? Or would it? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Assuming responsibility seems to be one of the first steps a person must take in the journey to self power and self awareness.
Part 1: Why is responsibility important to assume in one's life?
Part 2: Why is it important for Castaneda to learn more about responsibility?
Part 3: What might happen if Castaneda never assumed responsibility?
Essay Topic 3
Between Don Juan and Castaneda is a trust that seems to allow their work to be successful, even when it doesn't appear to do anything.
Part 1: Why do you think Castaneda trusts Don Juan during these lessons?
Part 2: What might happen if Castaneda didn't trust Don Juan or vice versa?
Part 3: Why is trust so important to have between these two men as they work together?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)