|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Castaneda might become deathly ill, they must go to his place of ____________ to be cleansed and restored.
2. Don Juan tells Castaneda to concentrate on specific _____________ in order to be successful in his dream work.
3. What is the outfit Castaneda sees Don Juan wear when he reemerges from his hiding place?
(a) Swim coach
(b) Show girl
4. Don Juan warns Castaneda not to turn around after embracing the Indians because they are ________________.
(a) Evil plants
(b) Lost nothings
(c) Now shadows
(d) Then shadows
5. If an ________ does not come, then it means Castaneda is not able to hunt power.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Genaro do with the string and his hat which amazes Castaneda?
2. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda to help him stay warm during the night, even though he has no blanket?
3. Don Juan tells Castaneda that the rocks around him are not rocks, but rather they are _________ that hold him suspended.
4. Castaneda learns how to do a dance that thumps like a __________ from Don Juan in the evening.
5. When Don Juan and Castaneda are together again, Castaneda inquires as to whether death is a ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Castaneda left on the mountain as the other two men walk away into the distance?
2. What needs to happen in order for Don Juan to know Castaneda is ready to hunt power?
3. Why does Castaneda say that he fears Don Genero when he meets up with him again?
4. What is the lesson that Castaneda learns from the beetle that comes out a hole inches from his face?
5. What does Castaneda say is like a disease to him, which he begins to realize is a problem?
6. What does Don Genero use to make a kite, confusing Castaneda's perception of how a kite should work?
7. What does Don Juan say about his own death and his interaction with it?
8. What costume does Castaneda see Don Juan as wearing when he and the other men are sitting around the fire?
9. Why aren't Don Juan and Castaneda staying the night at the rock conglomerate?
10. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda, saying they will keep him warm during the night?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)