|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If an ________ does not come, then it means Castaneda is not able to hunt power.
2. What is the outfit Castaneda sees Don Juan wear when he reemerges from his hiding place?
(a) Show girl
(d) Swim coach
3. Don Juan admits he has seen his own death watching him and has danced to it as though he was __________.
4. Who advises against Don Juan and Castaneda staying the night at the rock place of power?
(a) Don Juan
(c) La Catalina
5. What does Don Genaro admit to not being afraid of since he does have allies?
(a) Evil spirits
(b) La Catalina
Short Answer Questions
1. If Castaneda is not able to hunt for power, Don Juan says that he will be free to be _____________, but Don Juan will continue to be his friend.
2. As Castaneda might become deathly ill, they must go to his place of ____________ to be cleansed and restored.
3. What are Don Juan and Castaneda going to search for when they drive off to the mountains?
4. Where do the four Indians and Castaneda gather around when they meet up in the border town?
5. Don Juan uses a rock to show the idea of not-doing. "To look at it is ___________ but to see is __________."
Short Essay Questions
1. What costume does Castaneda see Don Juan as wearing when he and the other men are sitting around the fire?
2. What does Don Juan tell Castaneda about his feelings of remorse about his own life?
3. Why are the town partygoers annoyed with Castaneda, even though he buys drinks for everyone?
4. What does a warrior have to do when he is out on the hunt?
5. What does Don Juan say when Castaneda asks him how old he is, as he sees him moving with agility?
6. What is the yellow formation that Castaneda sees, making him feel slightly ill in the process?
7. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda to wear around his neck?
8. Why does Don Juan warn Castaneda not to turn around as they leave the Indians they have met?
9. How does Don Juan say that a good hunter will always know when someone else has been somewhere?
10. What does Don Juan say about his own death and his interaction with it?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)