|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Needing explanations is like a ___________ to Castaneda, according to Don Juan's observations.
2. What has Don Genaro done to the Castaneda's car, much to the disbelief of Castaneda?
(a) Repainted it
(b) Made it disappear
(c) Burned it to cinders
3. When Don Juan and Castaneda are together again, Castaneda inquires as to whether death is a ____________.
4. What are Don Juan and Castaneda going to search for when they drive off to the mountains?
5. What kind of bed does Don Juan prepare for Castaneda when they are trying to prevent illness in Castaneda?
(d) Deer skin
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Juan had planned to __________ Castaneda in the space for a night, but he does not have the power, according to Don Juan.
2. Don Juan says there is no set plan, but they must be in a state of constant ___________.
3. What does Don Genaro do with the string and his hat which amazes Castaneda?
4. A warrior acts as is if he has a ___________, trusting his personal power, according to Don Juan.
5. Don Juan tells Castaneda to work on his _________ as if nothing has happened.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Castaneda left on the mountain as the other two men walk away into the distance?
2. What does Don Genero use to make a kite, confusing Castaneda's perception of how a kite should work?
3. What is the yellow formation that Castaneda sees, making him feel slightly ill in the process?
4. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda, saying they will keep him warm during the night?
5. What costume does Castaneda see Don Juan as wearing when he and the other men are sitting around the fire?
6. What does Don Juan tell Castaneda about his feelings of remorse about his own life?
7. Why aren't Don Juan and Castaneda staying the night at the rock conglomerate?
8. What needs to happen in order for Don Juan to know Castaneda is ready to hunt power?
9. What does Don Juan say when Castaneda asks him how old he is, as he sees him moving with agility?
10. Why does Castaneda say that he fears Don Genero when he meets up with him again?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)