|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Juan want Castaneda to move his eyes back and forth along?
(a) The stars
(b) The ground
(c) The mountains
(d) The bank of fog
2. Castaneda learns how to do a dance that thumps like a __________ from Don Juan in the evening.
3. What does Don Juan tell Castaneda to use in order to relieve his muscles?
4. As Castaneda looks at the horizon, he begins to see the _______ of the world that Don Juan and Don Genaro talk about.
5. Don Juan says they must wait for an omen to know what to do with the ____________ who is interfering with Castaneda.
Short Answer Questions
1. Each person is born with a _________ of power and each is linked to everyone else's.
2. When Don Juan and Castaneda go to a certain place of power, it is explained this rock formation is a place where warriors were once __________.
3. Where do the four Indians and Castaneda gather around when they meet up in the border town?
4. Don Juan tells Castaneda to look without __________ until he sees something before him.
5. What does Castaneda ask when Don Genaro tells him he was directed to go to Ixtlan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why aren't Don Juan and Castaneda staying the night at the rock conglomerate?
2. Why did Don Juan trick Castaneda into confronting La Catalina the month before?
3. What needs to happen in order for Don Juan to know Castaneda is ready to hunt power?
4. Why are the town partygoers annoyed with Castaneda, even though he buys drinks for everyone?
5. What costume does Castaneda see Don Juan as wearing when he and the other men are sitting around the fire?
6. How does Don Juan say that a good hunter will always know when someone else has been somewhere?
7. What does a warrior have to do when he is out on the hunt?
8. What does Don Genero use to make a kite, confusing Castaneda's perception of how a kite should work?
9. What does Don Juan say about his own death and his interaction with it?
10. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda, saying they will keep him warm during the night?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)