|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Genaro do with the string and his hat which amazes Castaneda?
(a) Starts the car
(b) Makes a meal
(c) Makes a kite
(d) Finds water
2. As Castaneda looks at the horizon, he begins to see the _______ of the world that Don Juan and Don Genaro talk about.
3. Castaneda is learning to make traps in order to catch an animal who can provide him with ______________.
(c) Power food
(d) Hallucinogenic experiences
4. What does Castaneda ask when Don Genaro tells him he was directed to go to Ixtlan?
(a) Why he didn't run
(b) If it hurt
(c) What Ixtlan is
(d) If he went
5. Castaneda admits that the __________ is only real when he is with Don Juan.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Castaneda's benefactor, it is up to Don Juan to take him to ___________.
2. Where do the four Indians and Castaneda gather around when they meet up in the border town?
3. The place of power is not a ___________, so there are no bones buried there as Castaneda guesses might be.
4. Don Juan says that the storing of _________ is a personal thing that he cannot define or explain.
5. Castaneda learns how to do a dance that thumps like a __________ from Don Juan in the evening.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda to wear around his neck?
2. Why does Castaneda say that he fears Don Genero when he meets up with him again?
3. What does Don Juan tell Castaneda about his feelings of remorse about his own life?
4. What does Don Juan say about his own death and his interaction with it?
5. What does Don Genero use to make a kite, confusing Castaneda's perception of how a kite should work?
6. What does Castaneda say is like a disease to him, which he begins to realize is a problem?
7. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda, saying they will keep him warm during the night?
8. Why aren't Don Juan and Castaneda staying the night at the rock conglomerate?
9. Why does Don Juan warn Castaneda not to turn around as they leave the Indians they have met?
10. What is the lesson that Castaneda learns from the beetle that comes out a hole inches from his face?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)