|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Juan demand when he and Castaneda arrive at the desired location out of town?
2. Don Juan tells Castaneda to concentrate on specific _____________ in order to be successful in his dream work.
3. Where do the four Indians and Castaneda gather around when they meet up in the border town?
4. As Castaneda's benefactor, it is up to Don Juan to take him to ___________.
(a) His power
(b) His answers
(c) The brink
(d) His darkness
5. Castaneda admits that the __________ is only real when he is with Don Juan.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Castaneda is not able to hunt for power, Don Juan says that he will be free to be _____________, but Don Juan will continue to be his friend.
2. Don Genaro tells Castaneda of his encounter tackling his __________, a long time ago, it seems.
3. Don Juan says the Castaneda reminds him of himself - he did not want to be a _____________ either.
4. Who advises against Don Juan and Castaneda staying the night at the rock place of power?
5. What does Don Genaro do with the string and his hat which amazes Castaneda?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Don Juan trick Castaneda into confronting La Catalina the month before?
2. What does Don Genero use to make a kite, confusing Castaneda's perception of how a kite should work?
3. Why are the town partygoers annoyed with Castaneda, even though he buys drinks for everyone?
4. What does Don Juan tell Castaneda about his feelings of remorse about his own life?
5. Why is Castaneda left on the mountain as the other two men walk away into the distance?
6. What is the purpose of the trip the men are taking to the mountain range?
7. What is the yellow formation that Castaneda sees, making him feel slightly ill in the process?
8. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda, saying they will keep him warm during the night?
9. How does Don Juan say that a good hunter will always know when someone else has been somewhere?
10. What is the lesson that Castaneda learns from the beetle that comes out a hole inches from his face?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)