|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Don Juan says they must wait for an omen to know what to do with the ____________ who is interfering with Castaneda.
2. When Don Juan and Castaneda are together again, Castaneda inquires as to whether death is a ____________.
3. What does Don Genaro admit to not being afraid of since he does have allies?
(a) Evil spirits
(c) La Catalina
4. As Castaneda's benefactor, it is up to Don Juan to take him to ___________.
(a) His answers
(b) The brink
(c) His power
(d) His darkness
5. Don Juan tells Castaneda to concentrate on specific _____________ in order to be successful in his dream work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Genaro tells Castaneda of his encounter tackling his __________, a long time ago, it seems.
2. Don Juan reminds Castaneda of the time he mentally jammed his ___________ so that he could not use it.
3. Don Juan tells Castaneda that this mood he tends to lapse into is like a _____________.
4. But when Castaneda gets an explanation of the rings of power, he only wanted to get an explanation for ____________.
5. Castaneda's attempts to stop _________ with Don Genaro were disastrous, according to Castaneda.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the trip the men are taking to the mountain range?
2. What is the yellow formation that Castaneda sees, making him feel slightly ill in the process?
3. Why aren't Don Juan and Castaneda staying the night at the rock conglomerate?
4. What does Don Juan tell Castaneda about his feelings of remorse about his own life?
5. What does a warrior have to do when he is out on the hunt?
6. Why are the town partygoers annoyed with Castaneda, even though he buys drinks for everyone?
7. Why does Don Juan warn Castaneda not to turn around as they leave the Indians they have met?
8. What is the lesson that Castaneda learns from the beetle that comes out a hole inches from his face?
9. Why did Don Juan trick Castaneda into confronting La Catalina the month before?
10. Why is Castaneda left on the mountain as the other two men walk away into the distance?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)