|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Don Juan tells Castaneda that this mood he tends to lapse into is like a _____________.
(a) Trap door
(c) Bird in flight
(d) Bottomless ocean
2. Don Juan says they must wait for an omen to know what to do with the ____________ who is interfering with Castaneda.
3. Who advises against Don Juan and Castaneda staying the night at the rock place of power?
(b) Don Juan
(d) La Catalina
4. The place of power is not a ___________, so there are no bones buried there as Castaneda guesses might be.
(b) Ritual space
5. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda to help him stay warm during the night, even though he has no blanket?
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Juan uses a rock to show the idea of not-doing. "To look at it is ___________ but to see is __________."
2. Don Juan tells Castaneda to work on his _________ as if nothing has happened.
3. Don Juan admits he has seen his own death watching him and has danced to it as though he was __________.
4. A warrior acts as is if he has a ___________, trusting his personal power, according to Don Juan.
5. Don Juan says there is no set plan, but they must be in a state of constant ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Don Juan say that a good hunter will always know when someone else has been somewhere?
2. What does Don Juan say when Castaneda asks him how old he is, as he sees him moving with agility?
3. What costume does Castaneda see Don Juan as wearing when he and the other men are sitting around the fire?
4. Why did Don Juan trick Castaneda into confronting La Catalina the month before?
5. Why does Don Juan warn Castaneda not to turn around as they leave the Indians they have met?
6. Why are the town partygoers annoyed with Castaneda, even though he buys drinks for everyone?
7. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda to wear around his neck?
8. What does a warrior have to do when he is out on the hunt?
9. What does Don Juan say about his own death and his interaction with it?
10. What is the lesson that Castaneda learns from the beetle that comes out a hole inches from his face?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)