|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Castaneda looks at the horizon, he begins to see the _______ of the world that Don Juan and Don Genaro talk about.
2. Castaneda learns how to do a dance that thumps like a __________ from Don Juan in the evening.
3. Don Juan tells Castaneda to look without __________ until he sees something before him.
(b) Staying still
4. Castaneda admits that the __________ is only real when he is with Don Juan.
5. Don Juan tells Castaneda to work on his _________ as if nothing has happened.
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Juan tells Castaneda that this mood he tends to lapse into is like a _____________.
2. The place of power is not a ___________, so there are no bones buried there as Castaneda guesses might be.
3. What is the outfit Castaneda sees Don Juan wear when he reemerges from his hiding place?
4. Don Juan tricked Castaneda into confronting her for the purpose of finding Castaneda a ______________.
5. What kinds of motions does Don Genaro make on the floor which seem to defy nature?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the yellow formation that Castaneda sees, making him feel slightly ill in the process?
2. What does Don Genero use to make a kite, confusing Castaneda's perception of how a kite should work?
3. What does Castaneda say is like a disease to him, which he begins to realize is a problem?
4. Why is Castaneda left on the mountain as the other two men walk away into the distance?
5. Why does Castaneda say that he fears Don Genero when he meets up with him again?
6. Why are the town partygoers annoyed with Castaneda, even though he buys drinks for everyone?
7. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda, saying they will keep him warm during the night?
8. What is the purpose of the trip the men are taking to the mountain range?
9. Why did Don Juan trick Castaneda into confronting La Catalina the month before?
10. What does Don Juan say when Castaneda asks him how old he is, as he sees him moving with agility?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)