|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Castaneda's attempts to stop _________ with Don Genaro were disastrous, according to Castaneda.
(a) The peyote spirit
(b) The evil
(c) The world
(d) The water
2. Where does Don Juan go as the men are talking to each other around the gathering place?
3. Don Juan says that the storing of _________ is a personal thing that he cannot define or explain.
4. What kind of bed does Don Juan prepare for Castaneda when they are trying to prevent illness in Castaneda?
(d) Deer skin
5. Don Juan had planned to __________ Castaneda in the space for a night, but he does not have the power, according to Don Juan.
(b) Sit with
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the four Indians and Castaneda gather around when they meet up in the border town?
2. If Castaneda is not able to hunt for power, Don Juan says that he will be free to be _____________, but Don Juan will continue to be his friend.
3. Don Juan tells Castaneda to work on his _________ as if nothing has happened.
4. What is the outfit Castaneda sees Don Juan wear when he reemerges from his hiding place?
5. The place of power is not a ___________, so there are no bones buried there as Castaneda guesses might be.
Short Essay Questions
1. What costume does Castaneda see Don Juan as wearing when he and the other men are sitting around the fire?
2. Why aren't Don Juan and Castaneda staying the night at the rock conglomerate?
3. What does Don Juan tell Castaneda about his feelings of remorse about his own life?
4. What is the yellow formation that Castaneda sees, making him feel slightly ill in the process?
5. What is the lesson that Castaneda learns from the beetle that comes out a hole inches from his face?
6. What is the purpose of the trip the men are taking to the mountain range?
7. What does Don Juan say about his own death and his interaction with it?
8. What needs to happen in order for Don Juan to know Castaneda is ready to hunt power?
9. Why does Castaneda say that he fears Don Genero when he meets up with him again?
10. Why is Castaneda left on the mountain as the other two men walk away into the distance?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)