|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Don Juan says there is no set plan, but they must be in a state of constant ___________.
2. When Don Juan and Castaneda are together again, Castaneda inquires as to whether death is a ____________.
3. Castaneda admits that the __________ is only real when he is with Don Juan.
4. If Castaneda is not able to hunt for power, Don Juan says that he will be free to be _____________, but Don Juan will continue to be his friend.
(a) A student
(b) A plant scholar
(d) A writer
5. What has Don Genaro done to the Castaneda's car, much to the disbelief of Castaneda?
(b) Repainted it
(c) Burned it to cinders
(d) Made it disappear
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the person that Castaneda stays with when Don Juan goes off to do an errand?
2. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda to help him stay warm during the night, even though he has no blanket?
3. What is the yellow mass that Castaneda is told to stare at when he and Don Juan go to the desert?
4. Don Juan tells Castaneda to concentrate on specific _____________ in order to be successful in his dream work.
5. Don Juan says they must wait for an omen to know what to do with the ____________ who is interfering with Castaneda.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does a warrior have to do when he is out on the hunt?
2. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda to wear around his neck?
3. Why does Castaneda say that he fears Don Genero when he meets up with him again?
4. What is the lesson that Castaneda learns from the beetle that comes out a hole inches from his face?
5. What is the purpose of the trip the men are taking to the mountain range?
6. What does Castaneda say is like a disease to him, which he begins to realize is a problem?
7. How does Don Juan say that a good hunter will always know when someone else has been somewhere?
8. What does Don Juan tell Castaneda about his feelings of remorse about his own life?
9. Why are the town partygoers annoyed with Castaneda, even though he buys drinks for everyone?
10. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda, saying they will keep him warm during the night?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)