|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Don Juan yells at Castaneda who feels strange, as though something is about to ____________.
2. What does Castaneda see that makes him realize that he is just the same as this item?
3. The jolt of tackling one's ally is so strong that Castaneda needs to be sure to keep his __________ closed.
4. Don Genaro tells Castaneda of his encounter tackling his __________, a long time ago, it seems.
5. What does Don Genaro admit to not being afraid of since he does have allies?
(b) La Catalina
(d) Evil spirits
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Juan want Castaneda to move his eyes back and forth along?
2. Don Juan tells Castaneda: "The secret is not in what you do ________________, but rather in what you don't do."
3. Personal power is a ____________, or a mood, according to Don Juan, even though Castaneda does not understand this.
4. When Don Juan and Castaneda are together again, Castaneda inquires as to whether death is a ____________.
5. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda to help him stay warm during the night, even though he has no blanket?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why aren't Don Juan and Castaneda staying the night at the rock conglomerate?
2. What needs to happen in order for Don Juan to know Castaneda is ready to hunt power?
3. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda, saying they will keep him warm during the night?
4. Why are the town partygoers annoyed with Castaneda, even though he buys drinks for everyone?
5. What does a warrior have to do when he is out on the hunt?
6. What is the yellow formation that Castaneda sees, making him feel slightly ill in the process?
7. Why does Don Juan warn Castaneda not to turn around as they leave the Indians they have met?
8. What costume does Castaneda see Don Juan as wearing when he and the other men are sitting around the fire?
9. What does Castaneda say is like a disease to him, which he begins to realize is a problem?
10. What does Don Juan say about his own death and his interaction with it?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)