|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Don Juan says there is no set plan, but they must be in a state of constant ___________.
2. Don Juan reminds Castaneda of the time he mentally jammed his ___________ so that he could not use it.
3. As Castaneda's benefactor, it is up to Don Juan to take him to ___________.
(a) His answers
(b) The brink
(c) His darkness
(d) His power
4. Don Juan tells Castaneda that this mood he tends to lapse into is like a _____________.
(a) Trap door
(c) Bottomless ocean
(d) Bird in flight
5. When Don Juan and Castaneda are together again, Castaneda inquires as to whether death is a ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Castaneda looks at the horizon, he begins to see the _______ of the world that Don Juan and Don Genaro talk about.
2. What are Don Juan and Castaneda going to search for when they drive off to the mountains?
3. Don Juan tells Castaneda that the rocks around him are not rocks, but rather they are _________ that hold him suspended.
4. What does Don Juan tell Castaneda to use in order to relieve his muscles?
5. When Don Juan and Castaneda go to a certain place of power, it is explained this rock formation is a place where warriors were once __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What needs to happen in order for Don Juan to know Castaneda is ready to hunt power?
2. What does Don Juan say about his own death and his interaction with it?
3. What is the lesson that Castaneda learns from the beetle that comes out a hole inches from his face?
4. How does Don Juan say that a good hunter will always know when someone else has been somewhere?
5. What does Don Juan tell Castaneda about his feelings of remorse about his own life?
6. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda to wear around his neck?
7. What is the yellow formation that Castaneda sees, making him feel slightly ill in the process?
8. Why aren't Don Juan and Castaneda staying the night at the rock conglomerate?
9. What does Castaneda say is like a disease to him, which he begins to realize is a problem?
10. What is the purpose of the trip the men are taking to the mountain range?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)