|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of motions does Don Genaro make on the floor which seem to defy nature?
2. What does Castaneda describe as - its eyes are friendly and clear - so he is not afraid of it?
3. What does Don Juan want Castaneda to move his eyes back and forth along?
(a) The ground
(b) The stars
(c) The mountains
(d) The bank of fog
4. When Don Juan tells Castaneda to act normal, he instructs him to __________.
5. Castaneda learns how to do a dance that thumps like a __________ from Don Juan in the evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Juan tells Castaneda to concentrate on specific _____________ in order to be successful in his dream work.
2. Don Juan says the Castaneda reminds him of himself - he did not want to be a _____________ either.
3. Castaneda is learning to make traps in order to catch an animal who can provide him with ______________.
4. If an ________ does not come, then it means Castaneda is not able to hunt power.
5. The two men leave Castaneda on the mountain to decide whether he feels ready to keep his ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Don Juan say when Castaneda asks him how old he is, as he sees him moving with agility?
2. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda, saying they will keep him warm during the night?
3. Why does Castaneda say that he fears Don Genero when he meets up with him again?
4. What does Don Juan say about his own death and his interaction with it?
5. Why is Castaneda left on the mountain as the other two men walk away into the distance?
6. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda to wear around his neck?
7. What is the purpose of the trip the men are taking to the mountain range?
8. What does a warrior have to do when he is out on the hunt?
9. Why did Don Juan trick Castaneda into confronting La Catalina the month before?
10. Why does Don Juan warn Castaneda not to turn around as they leave the Indians they have met?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)