|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda to help him stay warm during the night, even though he has no blanket?
2. When Don Juan and Castaneda are together again, Castaneda inquires as to whether death is a ____________.
3. Don Juan tells Castaneda to look without __________ until he sees something before him.
(b) Staying still
4. Castaneda is learning to make traps in order to catch an animal who can provide him with ______________.
(c) Hallucinogenic experiences
(d) Power food
5. Personal power is a ____________, or a mood, according to Don Juan, even though Castaneda does not understand this.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Castaneda describe as - its eyes are friendly and clear - so he is not afraid of it?
2. The two men leave Castaneda on the mountain to decide whether he feels ready to keep his ___________.
3. Castaneda tells the creature that they are there to ______________ the world
4. The place of power is not a ___________, so there are no bones buried there as Castaneda guesses might be.
5. What does Don Juan tell Castaneda to use in order to relieve his muscles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the lesson that Castaneda learns from the beetle that comes out a hole inches from his face?
2. What does Castaneda say is like a disease to him, which he begins to realize is a problem?
3. What costume does Castaneda see Don Juan as wearing when he and the other men are sitting around the fire?
4. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda, saying they will keep him warm during the night?
5. How does Don Juan say that a good hunter will always know when someone else has been somewhere?
6. Why does Don Juan warn Castaneda not to turn around as they leave the Indians they have met?
7. What is the purpose of the trip the men are taking to the mountain range?
8. What does Don Juan say about his own death and his interaction with it?
9. What does Don Juan tell Castaneda about his feelings of remorse about his own life?
10. What needs to happen in order for Don Juan to know Castaneda is ready to hunt power?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)