|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Don Juan says they must wait for an omen to know what to do with the ____________ who is interfering with Castaneda.
2. When Don Juan tells Castaneda to act normal, he instructs him to __________.
3. When Don Juan and Castaneda are together again, Castaneda inquires as to whether death is a ____________.
4. Don Juan admits he has seen his own death watching him and has danced to it as though he was __________.
5. Don Juan had planned to __________ Castaneda in the space for a night, but he does not have the power, according to Don Juan.
(a) Sit with
Short Answer Questions
1. As Castaneda's benefactor, it is up to Don Juan to take him to ___________.
2. Where do the four Indians and Castaneda gather around when they meet up in the border town?
3. What makes Castaneda and the item from #170 the same - Our __________ made us equal.
4. What does Don Juan tell Castaneda to use in order to relieve his muscles?
5. Don Juan uses a rock to show the idea of not-doing. "To look at it is ___________ but to see is __________."
Short Essay Questions
1. What costume does Castaneda see Don Juan as wearing when he and the other men are sitting around the fire?
2. Why does Don Juan warn Castaneda not to turn around as they leave the Indians they have met?
3. Why is Castaneda left on the mountain as the other two men walk away into the distance?
4. What does Don Juan tell Castaneda about his feelings of remorse about his own life?
5. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda to wear around his neck?
6. What is the lesson that Castaneda learns from the beetle that comes out a hole inches from his face?
7. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda, saying they will keep him warm during the night?
8. Why does Castaneda say that he fears Don Genero when he meets up with him again?
9. What needs to happen in order for Don Juan to know Castaneda is ready to hunt power?
10. Why are the town partygoers annoyed with Castaneda, even though he buys drinks for everyone?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)