|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Don Juan had planned to __________ Castaneda in the space for a night, but he does not have the power, according to Don Juan.
(a) Sit with
2. Needing explanations is like a ___________ to Castaneda, according to Don Juan's observations.
3. What does Don Juan tell Castaneda to use in order to relieve his muscles?
4. Don Juan says there is no set plan, but they must be in a state of constant ___________.
5. What makes Castaneda and the item from #170 the same - Our __________ made us equal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Juan warns Castaneda not to turn around after embracing the Indians because they are ________________.
2. When Don Juan tells Castaneda to act normal, he instructs him to __________.
3. What does Don Juan collect for the night, though he does not let Castaneda help him?
4. Don Juan yells at Castaneda who feels strange, as though something is about to ____________.
5. What does Don Juan want Castaneda to move his eyes back and forth along?
Short Essay Questions
1. What costume does Castaneda see Don Juan as wearing when he and the other men are sitting around the fire?
2. What does Don Juan say about his own death and his interaction with it?
3. Why is Castaneda left on the mountain as the other two men walk away into the distance?
4. What is the purpose of the trip the men are taking to the mountain range?
5. What is the yellow formation that Castaneda sees, making him feel slightly ill in the process?
6. What does Castaneda say is like a disease to him, which he begins to realize is a problem?
7. Why aren't Don Juan and Castaneda staying the night at the rock conglomerate?
8. What is the lesson that Castaneda learns from the beetle that comes out a hole inches from his face?
9. What does a warrior have to do when he is out on the hunt?
10. Why does Castaneda say that he fears Don Genero when he meets up with him again?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)