|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the yellow mass that Castaneda is told to stare at when he and Don Juan go to the desert?
2. Don Juan uses a rock to show the idea of not-doing. "To look at it is ___________ but to see is __________."
(a) Doing; not-doing
(b) Nothing; something
(c) Something; nothing
(d) Not-doing; doing
3. Don Juan tells Castaneda that this mood he tends to lapse into is like a _____________.
(a) Bottomless ocean
(b) Trap door
(c) Bird in flight
4. Who advises against Don Juan and Castaneda staying the night at the rock place of power?
(a) Don Juan
(b) La Catalina
5. As Castaneda's benefactor, it is up to Don Juan to take him to ___________.
(a) His answers
(b) His darkness
(c) The brink
(d) His power
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Juan says that the storing of _________ is a personal thing that he cannot define or explain.
2. Don Juan tells Castaneda to concentrate on specific _____________ in order to be successful in his dream work.
3. Don Juan had planned to __________ Castaneda in the space for a night, but he does not have the power, according to Don Juan.
4. What is the outfit Castaneda sees Don Juan wear when he reemerges from his hiding place?
5. Don Juan warns Castaneda not to turn around after embracing the Indians because they are ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why aren't Don Juan and Castaneda staying the night at the rock conglomerate?
2. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda to wear around his neck?
3. What does Don Juan say about his own death and his interaction with it?
4. What is the lesson that Castaneda learns from the beetle that comes out a hole inches from his face?
5. Why are the town partygoers annoyed with Castaneda, even though he buys drinks for everyone?
6. What does Castaneda say is like a disease to him, which he begins to realize is a problem?
7. What is the purpose of the trip the men are taking to the mountain range?
8. What does Don Juan tell Castaneda about his feelings of remorse about his own life?
9. What does Don Juan give to Castaneda, saying they will keep him warm during the night?
10. What needs to happen in order for Don Juan to know Castaneda is ready to hunt power?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)