|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Stopping The World: Chapter 15, Not Doing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Don Juan tells Castaneda to ____________ if it will put him at ease after his experience with the plant medicine.
(a) Take notes
2. Who once promised to take Castaneda swimming every day at 6:00 AM, but never did?
(a) His brother
(b) His mother
(c) His father
(d) His uncle
3. What is the yellow mass that Castaneda is told to stare at when he and Don Juan go to the desert?
4. When a man takes responsibility for his decisions, he can move ahead without ___________ or remorse.
5. Don Juan uses a rock to show the idea of not-doing. "To look at it is ___________ but to see is __________."
(a) Not-doing; doing
(b) Nothing; something
(c) Something; nothing
(d) Doing; not-doing
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Juan tells Castaneda the first time he saw him, he ________ that Castaneda was lying.
2. What does Don Juan do when he tells Castaneda that he is always angry and righteous?
3. Don Juan is insistent that the only thing needed is _________ instead of talk.
4. Don Juan tells Castaneda that this mood he tends to lapse into is like a _____________.
5. The two men must keep talking because the human voice will attract ___________ to them.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)