|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Euler's sum surprisingly connect?
(a) The area under a curve.
(b) The squares of area and square roots.
(c) The area of squares and the area of circles.
(d) The circumference of a circle and right triangles.
2. What did Cantor suspect about transfinite cardinals?
(a) That there are transfinite cardinals even greater than c.
(b) That the sum of the series is infinite.
(c) That there are transfinite cardinals much less than c.
(d) That the sum of the series is finite.
3. What great theorem is presented by Dunham in this chapter?
(a) A theorem on finite series developed by Johann Bernoulli.
(b) A theorem on series developed by Jakob and published by Johann Bernoulli.
(c) An improvement on Leibniz's caluclus as presented by Jakob Bernoulli.
(d) A theorem on infinite series published by Jakob Bernoulli.
4. In the Bernoulli's time, what was the current definition of a series?
(a) The sum of a never-ending series of terms.
(b) The finite sum of a divergent series.
(c) The sum of a finite series of terms.
(d) The infinite sum of a convergent series.
5. On who's work did Euler base his number theory?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was similar about both Euler and Gauss as children?
2. Which name does NOT belong?
3. Where was George Cantor born?
4. Who else, besides Newton, independently discovered a calculus method?
5. Who eventually solved the sum of the successive squared denominator series?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)