|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To how many decimal places did Newton determine the number for pi?
(a) Three places.
(b) Twelve places.
(c) Nine places.
(d) Eight places.
2. What did Cantor find after extending the continuum between 0 and 1 into two dimensions?
(a) That the set is equal to 1.
(b) That the series is infinite.
(c) That the set is still equal to c.
(d) That the set is infinite.
3. What did Gauss do with his best work?
(a) He gave it to his students.
(b) He did not publish it.
(c) He gave it to his son to publish.
(d) He published it.
4. Which of the following did Dunham concentrate on as one of Newton's great advances?
(a) Quintic theorem.
(b) Quadratic equation.
(c) Binomial theorem.
(d) Area of a sphere.
5. What was described as true about the series 1 + 1/2 + 1/6 + 1/10 + 1/15 + 1/21?
(a) It's a divergent series with a sum of 2.
(b) It's a divergent series squared numbers.
(c) It's a convergent series of cubic numbers.
(d) It's a convergent series of triangular numbers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did George Cantor discover?
2. What was Dunham central theorem for this chapter?
3. What was most noticeable about Euler at a young age?
4. What didn't Euler attempt?
5. What did Cantor define as the continuum?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)