|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cantor and the Transfinite Realm.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name for determining the area of an enclosed space by constructing a square of equivalent area?
(c) Square root.
2. In what area was Gauss especially interested?
(a) The circumference of Earth.
(b) The elements of geometry.
(c) The proof of the infinite series.
(d) The elements of number theory.
3. In the Bernoulli's time, what was the current definition of a series?
(a) The sum of a finite series of terms.
(b) The infinite sum of a convergent series.
(c) The finite sum of a divergent series.
(d) The sum of a never-ending series of terms.
4. What shape was NOT demonstrated in the Elements as having a relationship to other shapes?
5. Where was Neil's Abel from?
(c) Great Britian,
Short Answer Questions
1. Which phrase best describes Newton as a student at Cambridge?
2. Which of the following was NOT true about Archimedes, according to Dunham?
3. How do we know about Hippocrates proofs and theorems?
4. That properties of specific shapes were early Egyptians aware of?
5. What is true about real numbers between 0 and 1?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)