|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cantor and the Transfinite Realm.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Euler born?
2. What did George Cantor determine to be true of a set of rational numbers?
(a) They are non-denumerable.
(b) They are denumerable.
(c) They are all prime numbers.
(d) They are all composite numbers.
3. Which city was the center of thinking and learning in Third century BC?
4. What was the title of Cardano's book which contained the solution to the cubic?
(b) La Magnifica.
(c) Ars Magna.
5. What was aleph naught?
(a) A method to determine the sum of a series.
(b) A symbol to state the sum of a series.
(c) A method to numerate terms.
(d) A symbol to represent the number of items in a set.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cantor struggle with later in his life?
2. Where was Archimedes born?
3. According to Dunham, who was most able to collect knowledge from around the globe?
4. As described by Archimedes, what is always true about he diameter of the circle?
5. In general, what did Euclid's number theory describe?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)