|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cantor and the Transfinite Realm.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is true about the successive squared denominator series proposed by the Bernoullis?
(a) The sum converges to 2.
(b) The sum diverges.
(c) The sum converges.
(d) The sum diverges into infinity.
2. What allowed Cardano to justify publishing his book?
(a) He was punished as a heretic,
(b) He found Fior's documents which spoke against Tartaglia.
(c) He was dead, and the book was really published by his student.
(d) He found del Ferro's orgininal solution to the cubic.
3. Who, in modern day, is given credit for the calculus method?
(a) Both Newton and Leibniz.
(d) Johann Bernoulli.
4. Which of the following was one of Euclid's great theorems?
(a) There exists an finite number of prime numbers.
(b) There exists only infinite and whole numbers.
(c) Prime numbers are more comples than discrete numbers.
(d) There exists an infinite number of prime numbers.
5. What sum did Euler find for the series?
(b) The sum was infinite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else, besides a solution to cubic equations, was in Cardano's book?
2. What series was Euler most famous for?
3. What was true about Hippocrates's proof?
4. Which of the following best describes Cardano's character?
5. Who encourages Newton during his studies at Cambridge?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)