|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cantor and the Transfinite Realm.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did most of 19th century mathematics focus on, as highlighted by Dunham?
(c) The theoretical.
(d) The immediately practical.
2. Exactly what limit is reached at a quartic equation?
(a) The limit of the Pythagorean Theorem.
(b) The limit of the decompressed cubic method.
(c) The limit of logical geometric proofs.
(d) The limit of algebra.
3. What did Gauss construct?
(a) A proof that demonstrates Newtonian physics.
(b) A system where the angles of a triangle add up to fewer than 180 degrees.
(c) A proof that demonstrated the circumference of Earth.
(d) A system where the angles of a triangle add up to more than 180 degrees.
4. Which city was the center of thinking and learning in Third century BC?
5. How did Cantor finally prove his theory?
(a) By extension of the Pythagorean Theorem.
(b) By extension of the infinite series.
(c) By using basic algebra.
(d) By refining and expanding set theory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dunham describe about the following series 1 + 2 + 3 + 4. . .?
2. Why did Cardano take an oath to secrecy?
3. Where was Neil's Abel from?
4. Who was the author of the book Elements?
5. Which of the following was NOT a field in which Isaac Newton made enormous advances?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)