|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cantor and the Transfinite Realm.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else, besides a solution to cubic equations, was in Cardano's book?
(a) A proof of the Pythagorean Theorem.
(b) An alegrabic solution to quintic equations,
(c) A solution to quartic equations.
(d) A suggested method to depress all complex geometry.
2. Where was Neil's Abel from?
(d) Great Britian,
3. Where did George Cantor live in the 1860s and 1870s?
4. What concept did Dunham end his book with?
(a) Heron's triangulated area.
(b) Cantor and his voyage into the infinite.
(c) Archimedes and the infinite series.
(d) Newton's method of calculus.
5. Which of the following can not be solved using algebra?
(a) Quadratic equation.
(b) Geometric equation.
(d) Quintic equation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the bases of Hippocrates's proof ?
2. As described by Dunham, what did Archimedes demonstrate first in his proof on pi?
3. What sum did Euler find for the series?
4. What do we know in modern times about Heron?
5. What was true about Hippocrates's proof?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)