|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cantor and the Transfinite Realm.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Eratosthanes?
(a) He was a teacher and philosopher.
(b) He was the first to study political sciences.
(c) He was the chief librarian, and a mathematician.
(d) He was a mathematician, and leading doctor.
2. Which of the following is an example of a perfect number?
3. Who eventually solved the sum of the successive squared denominator series?
(a) Jakob Bernoulli.
(b) Leonhard Euler.
(c) Johann Bernoulli.
(d) John Napier.
4. What was the same about Apollonius and Erosthanes?
(a) They both studied the Universe.
(b) They were both mathematicians.
(c) They both calculated the circumference of the earth.
(d) They were both born in the same year.
5. How many definitions were stated in Elements?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following could NOT be included as a step in Euclid's great theorem?
2. Who was Neil's Abel?
3. What did most of 19th century mathematics focus on, as highlighted by Dunham?
4. Who was Euler's teacher?
5. How many sides did the pentadecagon have, as presented by Euclid?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)