|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cantor and the Transfinite Realm.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Euler born?
2. What did Euler prove about 2²ⁿ + 1?
(a) That the statement is always a prime number.
(b) That the statement is neither prime nor composite.
(c) That the statment is sometimes prime and sometimes composite.
(d) That the statement is always a composite number.
3. Who was Heron?
(a) A matematician from Alexanderia.
(b) A philosopher from Greece.
(c) A politician from Rome.
(d) A physician from the far East.
4. Which is one of the common notions presented in Elements?
(a) "The inverse of a line makes a circle."
(b) "Points with equal values can be connected with a line of equal value."
(c) "Things with are equal have an inverse that is equal."
(d) "Things which are equal to the same thing are also equal to each other."
5. Who was the author of the book Elements?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Cardano's character?
2. In Elements, how many postulates must be accepted as given?
3. When was the work of these early thinkers rediscovered again in history?
4. What did Dunham consider as Archimedes's "masterpiece"?
5. Which of the following is an example of a perfect number?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)