|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cantor and the Transfinite Realm.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did most of Heron's work deal with?
(a) Philosophical questions on the origins of the universe.
(b) Practical mathematics applications.
(c) Theoretical mathematics.
(d) Practical solutions to public problems.
2. Besides being a mathematician, what else other work was Archimedes famous for?
(a) Doctor and writer,
(b) Artist and musician.
(d) Inventor and scientist.
3. On who's work did Euler base his number theory?
4. What did Cantor define as the continuum?
(a) All imaginary numbers.
(b) All imaginary and real numbers.
(c) Real numbers between 0 and 1.
(d) The square root of any real number.
5. How many sides did the pentadecagon have, as presented by Euclid?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is true in modern math about twin primes?
2. In the Bernoulli's time, what was the current definition of a series?
3. What were the proofs in Elements based on?
4. What is one proof that Euler was able to prove?
5. What was true when Euler used n = 5 in the statement 2²ⁿ + 1?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)