|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Sampler of Euler's Number Theory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Pythagorean Theorem accomplish for mathematics?
(a) The ability to measure angles.
(b) The concept of constructing useful mathematics.
(c) The ability to find square roots.
(d) The concept of providing a logical proof.
2. On who's work did Euler base his number theory?
3. Which of the following best describes Cardano's character?
4. Which word best describes Newton's childhood?
5. Who, in modern day, is given credit for the calculus method?
(a) Both Newton and Leibniz.
(b) Johann Bernoulli.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT defined by Euclid?
2. What is true about the successive squared denominator series proposed by the Bernoullis?
3. What was true about Hippocrates's proof?
4. Who encourages Newton during his studies at Cambridge?
5. What did Apollonius work with in mathematics?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)