|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Sampler of Euler's Number Theory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was del Ferro's student?
(a) Niccolo Fontana.
(b) Antonio Fior.
(c) Luca Pacioli.
(d) Gerolamo Cardano.
2. What did Dunham consider extraordinary about the Elements?
(a) How Hippocrates ordered the book.
(b) The content was not based on previous authors' work.
(c) The content was totally unique.
(d) How geometric proofs were presented.
3. Heron devised which of the following methods?
(a) A way to determine the area of a triangle.
(b) A way to determine the volume in a sphere.
(c) A way to solve binomial equations.
(d) A way to apply mathematics to public health.
4. In what time period did mathematicians find a solution to cubic equations?
(a) Twentieth century.
(b) Thirteenth century.
(c) Seventeeth century.
(d) Fifteen century.
5. What else, besides a solution to cubic equations, was in Cardano's book?
(a) A proof of the Pythagorean Theorem.
(b) A suggested method to depress all complex geometry.
(c) A solution to quartic equations.
(d) An alegrabic solution to quintic equations,
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Cardano's character?
2. What did Euclid do in his 48th proposition?
3. In the Bernoulli's time, what was the current definition of a series?
4. What did Euler's sum surprisingly connect?
5. Who was Euler's teacher?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)