|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Sampler of Euler's Number Theory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who eventually solved the sum of the successive squared denominator series?
(a) Jakob Bernoulli.
(b) Johann Bernoulli.
(c) Leonhard Euler.
(d) John Napier.
2. What did Dunham claim about Archimedes's determination of a number value for pi?
(a) Archimedes's number was perfectly correct.
(b) Archimedes's number was not very accurate, considering the technology of his time.
(c) Archimedes's number could have been better if he had understood Euclid's work better,
(d) Archimedes's number was very good, considering he did not have a way to calculate square roots.
3. What did most of Heron's work deal with?
(a) Practical mathematics applications.
(b) Theoretical mathematics.
(c) Practical solutions to public problems.
(d) Philosophical questions on the origins of the universe.
4. Where did Hippocrates come from?
5. Who was the first of ancient philosophers to consider why geometric properties existed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Neil's Abel?
2. What was the bases of Hippocrates's proof ?
3. What did British scholars accuse Leibniz of?
4. Who wrote a treatise that supposed that cubic equations may be impossible to solve?
5. Where was Neil's Abel from?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)