|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Sampler of Euler's Number Theory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is a geometric concept that humans have been aware of since the dawn of agriculture?
(a) Metric system.
2. What name did Euclid give for numbers that could be divided by numbers other than themselves and one?
(a) Composite numbers.
(b) Discrete numbers.
(c) Even numbers.
(d) Perfect numbers.
3. What did Dunham discuss for many pages in this chapter?
(a) Heron's complicated proof.
(b) Heron's religious beliefs-
(c) Heron's origins of the universe.
(d) Heron's political tendancy.
4. What did Euler prove about 2²ⁿ + 1?
(a) That the statement is always a composite number.
(b) That the statement is always a prime number.
(c) That the statment is sometimes prime and sometimes composite.
(d) That the statement is neither prime nor composite.
5. Where was Archimedes born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Hippocrates famous for?
2. Who acted as the gate keepers of knowledge?
3. What does the Pythagorean Theorem state?
4. What was most useful about finding the square of a shape, before Hippocrates?
5. What did Dunham consider extraordinary about the Elements?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)