|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Sampler of Euler's Number Theory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which words best describe how solid proofs were developed in Elements?
(a) Axiomatic framework.
(b) Inverted scaffold.
(c) Programmed order.
(d) Simple arguments.
2. Where was Euler born?
3. What hindered Euler's work as he grew older?
(a) His increasing blindness.
(b) His hearing was getting worse.
(c) He had a stroke.
(d) He had very bad arthritis.
4. What were the proofs in Elements based on?
(a) Basic definitions.
(b) Lindeman's method.
(c) Ancient greek geometry.
(d) Novel notions.
5. Numbers whose divisor add up to itself, was considered which type of number according to Euclid?
(a) Perfect number.
(b) Nominal number.
(c) Composite number.
(d) Even number.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT a field in which Isaac Newton made enormous advances?
2. What was described as true about the series 1 + 1/2 + 1/6 + 1/10 + 1/15 + 1/21?
3. What allowed Cardano to justify publishing his book?
4. That properties of specific shapes were early Egyptians aware of?
5. Who was del Ferro's student?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)