|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Sampler of Euler's Number Theory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Neil's Abel from?
(c) Great Britian,
2. Which of the following is an example of a perfect number?
3. Which of the following is INCORRECT, and not used in Archimedes proof of his theory?
(a) The area of a triangle is one half the base times the height.
(b) Since the circumference can also be expressed as twice the radius multiplied by π, the area is 2πr²/2, or πr².
(c) Since the diameter of a circle is equal to the hypotenuse of the right triangle, the area of the triangle in his proof is 1/2 the radius times the circumference.
(d) Since the base of the triangle is equal to the circumference and the height is the radius, the area of the triangle in his proof is 1/2 the radius times the circumference.
4. Besides being a mathematician, what else other work was Archimedes famous for?
(a) Artist and musician.
(b) Doctor and writer,
(d) Inventor and scientist.
5. Heron devised which of the following methods?
(a) A way to apply mathematics to public health.
(b) A way to determine the volume in a sphere.
(c) A way to solve binomial equations.
(d) A way to determine the area of a triangle.
Short Answer Questions
1. On who's work did Euler base his number theory?
2. What was most noticeable about Euler at a young age?
3. In his later life, what position did Isaac Newton hold?
4. What series was Euler most famous for?
5. What shape was NOT demonstrated in the Elements as having a relationship to other shapes?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)