|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Sampler of Euler's Number Theory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What provided most of the content in the book Elements?
2. After Hippocrates, what shape did the Greeks attempt to square without success?
3. Who was Euler's teacher?
(a) Johann Bernoulli.
(b) Gottfried Leibniz.
(c) Jakob Bernoulli.
(d) Isaac Newton.
4. Which of the following was NOT a field in which Isaac Newton made enormous advances?
5. Where did Newton go to school before he went to Cambridge?
(a) The King's School.
(b) Cambridge Prep.
(c) Charles II Grammar School.
(d) Oxford Grammar School.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote a treatise that supposed that cubic equations may be impossible to solve?
2. What is one proof that Euler was able to prove?
3. Which of the following was one of Euclid's great theorems?
4. Which of the following was an important proposition given by Euclid's number theory?
5. Where was Euler born?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)