|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bernoullis and the Harmonic Series.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which was true of Euclid's number theory?
(a) It was proven to the true by Hippocrates.
(b) It has an impact on modern math.
(c) It was incorrect, as proved by Plato.
(d) It has been proven too basic to be useful.
2. Where did Hippocrates come from?
3. That properties of specific shapes were early Egyptians aware of?
(b) Pi and the diameter of a circle.
(c) Irregular solids.
(d) Right triangles.
4. Which of the following was true about Cardano, according to Dunham?
(a) He was not a mathematician.
(b) He was a priest.
(c) He was jailed for heresy.
(d) He had three wives.
5. Which of Euclid's postulates troubled many of the following generations of mathematicians?
(a) Euclid's postulate on parallel lines.
(b) Euclid's proof on right triangles.
(c) Euclid's postulate on right triangles.
(d) Euclid's postulate on creating an arc.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the bases of Hippocrates's proof ?
2. Who challenged Tartaglia to a contest to solve cubic equations?
3. Which of the following could NOT be included as a step in Euclid's great theorem?
4. Which of the following best describes Cardano's character?
5. What was most useful about finding the square of a shape, before Hippocrates?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)