|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bernoullis and the Harmonic Series.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following demonstrates the successive squared denominator series?
(a) 1 + 1/2 + 1/6 + 1/10 + 1/15 . . .
(b) 1 + 1/2 + 3/4 + 4/5 . . .
(c) 1 + 1/2 + 1/3 + 1/4 + 1/5 . . . 1/1000 . . .
(d) 1 + 1/4 + 1/9 + 1/16 . . .
2. Where was Archimedes born?
3. What were the proofs in Elements based on?
(a) Novel notions.
(b) Basic definitions.
(c) Ancient greek geometry.
(d) Lindeman's method.
4. What did Dunham consider as Archimedes's "masterpiece"?
(a) Archimedes' work on determining a number value for pi.
(b) Archimedes' work on shperes, cones, and cylinders.
(c) Archimedes' work on determining angular measurements.
(d) Archimedes' work on volume to surface area ratios.
5. Numbers whose divisor add up to itself, was considered which type of number according to Euclid?
(a) Perfect number.
(b) Even number.
(c) Nominal number.
(d) Composite number.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did British scholars accuse Leibniz of?
2. Where does the center of mathematical thinking shift to after Italy?
3. What was known about pi, during Archimedes' time?
4. Which phrase best describes Newton as a student at Cambridge?
5. Who wrote a treatise that supposed that cubic equations may be impossible to solve?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)