|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bernoullis and the Harmonic Series.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is INCORRECT, and not used in Archimedes proof of his theory?
(a) Since the diameter of a circle is equal to the hypotenuse of the right triangle, the area of the triangle in his proof is 1/2 the radius times the circumference.
(b) The area of a triangle is one half the base times the height.
(c) Since the circumference can also be expressed as twice the radius multiplied by π, the area is 2πr²/2, or πr².
(d) Since the base of the triangle is equal to the circumference and the height is the radius, the area of the triangle in his proof is 1/2 the radius times the circumference.
2. Which of the following was one of Euclid's great theorems?
(a) There exists an infinite number of prime numbers.
(b) There exists an finite number of prime numbers.
(c) Prime numbers are more comples than discrete numbers.
(d) There exists only infinite and whole numbers.
3. What did Plato use his inspiration from Euclid for?
(a) To construct his theory on the shape of the Universe.
(b) To classify geometric shapes by their complexity.
(c) To create a new theorem of algebra.
(d) To prove Euclid's number theory was incorrect.
4. Which of the following can not be solved using algebra?
(a) Geometric equation.
(b) Quintic equation.
(d) Quadratic equation.
5. Where was Neil's Abel from?
(b) Great Britian,
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was an important proposition given by Euclid's number theory?
2. What did Gauss set out to prove?
3. Which of the following is a series that the Bernoullis proposed did not converge on a finite sum?
4. After working on pi, what did Archimedes continue with in his study of mathematics?
5. Which of the following best describes Cardano's character?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)