|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bernoullis and the Harmonic Series.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did British scholars accuse Leibniz of?
(a) Plagiarizing Newton's calculus method.
(b) Conspiring the death of Newton.
(c) Stealing Newton's Binomial theorem.
(d) Publishing Newton's work without his approval.
2. In what century did Archimedes live?
(a) Nineteeth century A.D.
(b) First century A.D,
(c) Third century B.C.
(d) Twelthf century A.D.
3. Who encourages Newton during his studies at Cambridge?
(a) Henry Briggs.
(b) John Napier.
(c) Isaac Barrow.
(d) Henry Stokes.
4. Which city was the center of thinking and learning in Third century BC?
5. Who was Heron?
(a) A politician from Rome.
(b) A matematician from Alexanderia.
(c) A philosopher from Greece.
(d) A physician from the far East.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following becomes an important definition in mathematics that was first presented in Elements?
2. What allowed Cardano to justify publishing his book?
3. Which of the following were an example of twin primes?
4. Why did Cardano take an oath to secrecy?
5. In what time period did mathematicians find a solution to cubic equations?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)