|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cardano and the Solution of the Cubic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. That properties of specific shapes were early Egyptians aware of?
(a) Irregular solids.
(c) Pi and the diameter of a circle.
(d) Right triangles.
2. Which of the following could NOT be included as a step in Euclid's great theorem?
(a) Take a finite group of primes and add them together, plus one.
(b) If a new number is found to be composite, then it must have some prime as a divisor.
(c) Divide a infinite group of primes by the sum of their composites.
(d) After summation, the new number can be prime or composite.
3. Where was Neil's Abel from?
(b) Great Britian,
4. What is a "depressed cubic"?
(a) A method to solve equations with two variables.
(b) A method to simplify measuring complex geometric forms.
(c) A method to logically square all the factors in a cubic equation.
(d) A method to simpify the x squared value in a cubic equation.
5. What did Heron's advances put into historical perspective for Dunham?
(a) A shift in learning across continents.
(b) A change in learning foundations in the ancient scholarly universities.
(c) A change in political theory across the globe.
(d) A shift in information flow that ignored socioeconomic order.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Cardano take an oath to secrecy?
2. What did Archimedes manage to prove using Euclid's ideas?
3. Which of the following was NOT one of Gauss' discoveries?
4. What instruments did the Greeks use to square a shape?
5. What was true about Hippocrates's proof?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)