|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cardano and the Solution of the Cubic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following can not be solved using algebra?
(a) Geometric equation.
(b) Quadratic equation.
(c) Quintic equation.
2. Which of the following is an example of a perfect number?
3. In what century did Archimedes live?
(a) Twelthf century A.D.
(b) First century A.D,
(c) Third century B.C.
(d) Nineteeth century A.D.
4. Who was the author of the book Elements?
5. What provided most of the content in the book Elements?
Short Answer Questions
1. In general, what did Euclid's number theory describe?
2. What is true about prime numbers?
3. What was the title of Cardano's book which contained the solution to the cubic?
4. What was Hippocrates famous for?
5. What did Dunham claim about Archimedes's determination of a number value for pi?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)