|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cardano and the Solution of the Cubic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which was true of Euclid's number theory?
(a) It has been proven too basic to be useful.
(b) It has an impact on modern math.
(c) It was incorrect, as proved by Plato.
(d) It was proven to the true by Hippocrates.
2. In what time period did mathematicians find a solution to cubic equations?
(a) Fifteen century.
(b) Thirteenth century.
(c) Twentieth century.
(d) Seventeeth century.
3. Which of the following was one of Euclid's great theorems?
(a) Prime numbers are more comples than discrete numbers.
(b) There exists an infinite number of prime numbers.
(c) There exists an finite number of prime numbers.
(d) There exists only infinite and whole numbers.
4. What name did Euclid give for numbers that could be divided by numbers other than themselves and one?
(a) Even numbers.
(b) Composite numbers.
(c) Discrete numbers.
(d) Perfect numbers.
5. Who was the first of ancient philosophers to consider why geometric properties existed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Neil's Abel from?
2. What do we know in modern times about Heron?
3. Who acted as the gate keepers of knowledge?
4. What was Euclid's definition of a prime number?
5. What is true about prime numbers?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)