|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Heron's Formula for Triangular Area.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following becomes an important definition in mathematics that was first presented in Elements?
(b) Parallel line.
(d) 180 degree angle.
2. Which of the following is an example of a perfect number?
3. Where did Hippocrates come from?
4. What did Dunham consider as Archimedes's "masterpiece"?
(a) Archimedes' work on determining angular measurements.
(b) Archimedes' work on shperes, cones, and cylinders.
(c) Archimedes' work on determining a number value for pi.
(d) Archimedes' work on volume to surface area ratios.
5. What was true about Hippocrates's proof?
(a) It was fairly easy and simple.
(b) The proof was easy if their was advanced technology available.
(c) It was useful for circles.
(d) The proof was exceedingly difficult and not understood at the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is true in modern math about twin primes?
2. Which of the following could NOT be included as a step in Euclid's great theorem?
3. Which city was the center of thinking and learning in Third century BC?
4. Who acted as the gate keepers of knowledge?
5. What is the name for determining the area of an enclosed space by constructing a square of equivalent area?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)