|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Heron's Formula for Triangular Area.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did most of Heron's work deal with?
(a) Practical solutions to public problems.
(b) Philosophical questions on the origins of the universe.
(c) Theoretical mathematics.
(d) Practical mathematics applications.
2. Which of the following is an example of a perfect number?
3. Which of the following is true about pi, as described by Dunham.
(a) The measurement of pi is a challenge that continues into modern mathematics.
(b) The measurement of pi should not have been so difficult for Archimedes to demonstrate.
(c) The measurement of pi was redetermined after Archimedes's death.
(d) The measurement of pi is no longer a mystery as we have an exact number value in modern mathematics.
4. Which was true of Euclid's number theory?
(a) It has been proven too basic to be useful.
(b) It was proven to the true by Hippocrates.
(c) It has an impact on modern math.
(d) It was incorrect, as proved by Plato.
5. Who was Eratosthanes?
(a) He was a mathematician, and leading doctor.
(b) He was the first to study political sciences.
(c) He was a teacher and philosopher.
(d) He was the chief librarian, and a mathematician.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was known about pi, during Archimedes' time?
2. What instruments did the Greeks use to square a shape?
3. Which of the following is true in modern math about twin primes?
4. Where was the modern number system developed?
5. That properties of specific shapes were early Egyptians aware of?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)