|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Heron's Formula for Triangular Area.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dunham discuss for many pages in this chapter?
(a) Heron's origins of the universe.
(b) Heron's religious beliefs-
(c) Heron's political tendancy.
(d) Heron's complicated proof.
2. What was true about Hippocrates's proof?
(a) The proof was easy if their was advanced technology available.
(b) It was useful for circles.
(c) The proof was exceedingly difficult and not understood at the time.
(d) It was fairly easy and simple.
3. In what century did Archimedes live?
(a) First century A.D,
(b) Nineteeth century A.D.
(c) Twelthf century A.D.
(d) Third century B.C.
4. In Elements, how many postulates must be accepted as given?
5. That properties of specific shapes were early Egyptians aware of?
(a) Pi and the diameter of a circle.
(c) Right triangles.
(d) Irregular solids.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Straight lines in the same plane that will never meet if extended forever" is a definition of what?
2. Which shapes as described by Euclid, inspired the Greek philosopher Plato?
3. Which of the following was NOT one of the things Dunham claimed was ingenious about Euclid's proof of the Pythagorean theorem?
4. What was true about Heron's theorem as described by Dunham?
5. What did Hippocrates do that advanced mathematical methods?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)