|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Heron's Formula for Triangular Area.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is an example of a perfect number?
2. What did Dunham consider extraordinary about the Elements?
(a) The content was not based on previous authors' work.
(b) How geometric proofs were presented.
(c) The content was totally unique.
(d) How Hippocrates ordered the book.
3. What did Apollonius work with in mathematics?
(a) He worked on conics.
(b) He develped a way to measure the volume of a sphere.
(c) He discovered the algrebraic equation.
(d) He worked on advanced algebra.
4. That properties of specific shapes were early Egyptians aware of?
(a) Pi and the diameter of a circle.
(c) Irregular solids.
(d) Right triangles.
5. How do we know about Hippocrates proofs and theorems?
(a) His books and publications.
(b) What is known from archived documents of his time.
(c) Mathematicians rewrote all of his proofs after his death,
(d) What we know is from references of later mathematicians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Euclid state about pi in Elements?
2. What did Hippocrates do that advanced mathematical methods?
3. Who acted as the gate keepers of knowledge?
4. Who was the first of ancient philosophers to consider why geometric properties existed?
5. Who was Heron?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)