|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Heron's Formula for Triangular Area.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dunham consider as Archimedes's "masterpiece"?
(a) Archimedes' work on determining angular measurements.
(b) Archimedes' work on shperes, cones, and cylinders.
(c) Archimedes' work on determining a number value for pi.
(d) Archimedes' work on volume to surface area ratios.
2. Which of the following was NOT true about Archimedes, according to Dunham?
(a) Archimedes died because he refused to follow orders until he completed a math problem.
(b) He died during the fall of Syracuse.
(c) He died as a soldier.
(d) His death was described as being by the hands of a Roman invader.
3. In what century did Archimedes live?
(a) Twelthf century A.D.
(b) Nineteeth century A.D.
(c) First century A.D,
(d) Third century B.C.
4. How do we know about Hippocrates proofs and theorems?
(a) Mathematicians rewrote all of his proofs after his death,
(b) What we know is from references of later mathematicians.
(c) His books and publications.
(d) What is known from archived documents of his time.
5. Which of the following is true in modern math about twin primes?
(a) We don't know if they are finite or infinite.
(b) Their sum is always another prime number.
(c) They are not considered whole numbers.
(d) They are infinite.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is one of the common notions presented in Elements?
2. Which of the following is an example of a perfect number?
3. What name did Euclid give for numbers that could be divided by numbers other than themselves and one?
4. What did Hippocrates do that advanced mathematical methods?
5. What is true about prime numbers?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)