|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Heron's Formula for Triangular Area.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the bases of Hippocrates's proof ?
(a) Properties of squares and cubes.
(b) Properties of points and lines.
(c) Properties of area to volume measurements.
(d) Properties of triangles and semicircles.
2. Which shapes as described by Euclid, inspired the Greek philosopher Plato?
(c) Regular polyhedrons.
(d) Spheres and cones.
3. Who was the author of the book Elements?
4. Which city was the center of thinking and learning in Third century BC?
5. Which is a geometric concept that humans have been aware of since the dawn of agriculture?
(c) Metric system.
Short Answer Questions
1. As described by Dunham, what did Archimedes demonstrate first in his proof on pi?
2. What provided most of the content in the book Elements?
3. What did Dunham consider extraordinary about the Elements?
4. Which of the following is true about pi, as described by Dunham.
5. Who was Heron?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)