|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Euclid and the Infinitude of Primes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is a geometric concept that humans have been aware of since the dawn of agriculture?
(c) Metric system.
2. Which words best describe how solid proofs were developed in Elements?
(a) Axiomatic framework.
(b) Simple arguments.
(c) Inverted scaffold.
(d) Programmed order.
3. Which of the following becomes an important definition in mathematics that was first presented in Elements?
(c) 180 degree angle.
(d) Parallel line.
4. What did Euclid do in his 48th proposition?
(a) Euclid proved the converse of the Pythagorean Theorem.
(b) Euclid demonstrated how to use the Pythagorean Theorem.
(c) Euclid proved the Pythagorean Theorem.
(d) Euclid demonstrated the faults of the Pythagorean Theorem.
5. In Elements, how many postulates must be accepted as given?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is true about prime numbers?
2. Which is one of the common notions presented in Elements?
3. What did Plato use his inspiration from Euclid for?
4. Who was the author of the book Elements?
5. Which shapes as described by Euclid, inspired the Greek philosopher Plato?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)