|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bernoullis and the Harmonic Series.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his later life, what position did Isaac Newton hold?
(a) Warden of the Mint.
(b) Professor of philosophy in Paris.
(c) Principle science advisor to Charles II.
(d) Angelican father.
2. What was the bases of Hippocrates's proof ?
(a) Properties of triangles and semicircles.
(b) Properties of points and lines.
(c) Properties of squares and cubes.
(d) Properties of area to volume measurements.
3. Which of the following can not be solved using algebra?
(b) Geometric equation.
(c) Quintic equation.
(d) Quadratic equation.
4. Which of the following is true in modern math about twin primes?
(a) We don't know if they are finite or infinite.
(b) They are infinite.
(c) Their sum is always another prime number.
(d) They are not considered whole numbers.
5. Which phrase best describes Newton as a student at Cambridge?
(a) Tolerant, mildly interested in science.
(b) Unnoticed, but remarkable.
(c) A highly praised genius.
(d) Quiet recluse of no intelligence.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lindeman prove his conclusion?
2. What did Heron's advances put into historical perspective for Dunham?
3. Which of the following was NOT one of Gauss' discoveries?
4. In the Bernoulli's time, what was the current definition of a series?
5. What range of values did Archimedes determine for pi?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)