|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Sampler of Euler's Number Theory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were Johann and Jakob Bernoulli?
(a) Twin brothers and students of Newton.
(b) Brothers and students of Leibniz.
(c) Cousins and students with Leibniz in Paris.
(d) Cousins and students with Newton at Cambridge.
2. Which name does NOT belong?
(a) Blaise Pascal.
(b) John Napier.
(c) Francois Viete
(d) Renee Descartes.
3. Who was del Ferro's student?
(a) Antonio Fior.
(b) Gerolamo Cardano.
(c) Luca Pacioli.
(d) Niccolo Fontana.
4. As described by Archimedes, what is always true about he diameter of the circle?
(a) It's never proportional to its circumference.
(b) It's always proportional to its circumference.
(c) It's equal to the square of the radius.
(d) It's equal to pi.
5. Who was Eratosthanes?
(a) He was a mathematician, and leading doctor.
(b) He was the chief librarian, and a mathematician.
(c) He was a teacher and philosopher.
(d) He was the first to study political sciences.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dunham discuss for many pages in this chapter?
2. After working on pi, what did Archimedes continue with in his study of mathematics?
3. Which of the following was NOT a field in which Isaac Newton made enormous advances?
4. Which of the following were an example of twin primes?
5. Which of the following is a series that the Bernoullis proposed did not converge on a finite sum?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)