|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Sampler of Euler's Number Theory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following can not be solved using algebra?
(a) Quadratic equation.
(b) Geometric equation.
(c) Quintic equation.
2. Which shapes as described by Euclid, inspired the Greek philosopher Plato?
(a) Regular polyhedrons.
(b) Spheres and cones.
3. Which words best describe how solid proofs were developed in Elements?
(a) Inverted scaffold.
(b) Axiomatic framework.
(c) Simple arguments.
(d) Programmed order.
4. What did British scholars accuse Leibniz of?
(a) Conspiring the death of Newton.
(b) Publishing Newton's work without his approval.
(c) Stealing Newton's Binomial theorem.
(d) Plagiarizing Newton's calculus method.
5. Which was true of Euclid's number theory?
(a) It was proven to the true by Hippocrates.
(b) It has been proven too basic to be useful.
(c) It has an impact on modern math.
(d) It was incorrect, as proved by Plato.
Short Answer Questions
1. In general, what did Euclid's number theory describe?
2. What great theorem is presented by Dunham in this chapter?
3. What is the name for determining the area of an enclosed space by constructing a square of equivalent area?
4. Who was the first of ancient philosophers to consider why geometric properties existed?
5. Which name does NOT belong?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)