|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Sampler of Euler's Number Theory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the bases of Hippocrates's proof ?
(a) Properties of area to volume measurements.
(b) Properties of squares and cubes.
(c) Properties of points and lines.
(d) Properties of triangles and semicircles.
2. Which of the following was one of Euclid's great theorems?
(a) Prime numbers are more comples than discrete numbers.
(b) There exists only infinite and whole numbers.
(c) There exists an infinite number of prime numbers.
(d) There exists an finite number of prime numbers.
3. After working on pi, what did Archimedes continue with in his study of mathematics?
(a) He studied the volume and surface area of spheres, cones, and cylinders.
(b) He studied the relationship of sine to cosine.
(c) He studied the volume to surface area ratios of cubes.
(d) He studied the relationship between ratios in triangles.
4. What did Newton's calculus involve?
(a) Proving the cubic equation.
(b) Determining the area under a curve.
(c) Proving the existance of pi.
(d) Determining the volume of a sphere.
5. In what time period did mathematicians find a solution to cubic equations?
(a) Seventeeth century.
(b) Twentieth century.
(c) Thirteenth century.
(d) Fifteen century.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did British scholars accuse Leibniz of?
2. Which city was the center of thinking and learning in Third century BC?
3. What did Dunham describe about the following series 1 + 2 + 3 + 4. . .?
4. What did Dunham consider as Archimedes's "masterpiece"?
5. What is true about the successive squared denominator series proposed by the Bernoullis?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)