|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Sampler of Euler's Number Theory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the bases of Hippocrates's proof ?
(a) Properties of points and lines.
(b) Properties of squares and cubes.
(c) Properties of triangles and semicircles.
(d) Properties of area to volume measurements.
2. How many definitions were stated in Elements?
3. Which of the following is an example of a postulate that must be accepted in Elements?
(a) It is possible to draw a circle that contains no lines.
(b) It is possible to draw a straight line between an infinite number of points.
(c) It is possible to draw an arc with any three points.
(d) It is possible to connect any two points with a line and make a circle.
4. Who was del Ferro's student?
(a) Niccolo Fontana.
(b) Gerolamo Cardano.
(c) Luca Pacioli.
(d) Antonio Fior.
5. What was described as true about the series 1 + 1/2 + 1/6 + 1/10 + 1/15 + 1/21?
(a) It's a convergent series of triangular numbers.
(b) It's a divergent series squared numbers.
(c) It's a convergent series of cubic numbers.
(d) It's a divergent series with a sum of 2.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name did Euclid give for numbers that could be divided by numbers other than themselves and one?
2. Why did Cardano take an oath to secrecy?
3. What was Eratosthanes most famous for?
4. Who acted as the gate keepers of knowledge?
5. Who was the author of the book Elements?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)