|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Sampler of Euler's Number Theory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word best describes Newton's childhood?
2. What did Dunham describe about the following series 1 + 2 + 3 + 4. . .?
(a) The sum diverges to infinity.
(b) The sum converges to infinity.
(c) The sum converges to a finite term.
(d) The sum grows ever smaller.
3. Where was Archimedes born?
4. What else, besides a solution to cubic equations, was in Cardano's book?
(a) An alegrabic solution to quintic equations,
(b) A solution to quartic equations.
(c) A proof of the Pythagorean Theorem.
(d) A suggested method to depress all complex geometry.
5. Besides being a mathematician, what else other work was Archimedes famous for?
(a) Inventor and scientist.
(b) Artist and musician.
(c) Doctor and writer,
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is true about pi, as described by Dunham.
2. How did Lindeman prove his conclusion?
3. Which of the following was one of Gauss' early discoveries?
4. What provided most of the content in the book Elements?
5. What do we know in modern times about Heron?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)