|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Archimedes' Determination of Circular Area.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Hippocrates come from?
2. Which of the following were an example of twin primes?
(a) 15 and 16.
(b) 2 and 6.
(c) 11 and 13.
(d) 19 and 22.
3. Which of the following is true in modern math about twin primes?
(a) They are not considered whole numbers.
(b) Their sum is always another prime number.
(c) They are infinite.
(d) We don't know if they are finite or infinite.
4. What did Dunham consider as Archimedes's "masterpiece"?
(a) Archimedes' work on volume to surface area ratios.
(b) Archimedes' work on shperes, cones, and cylinders.
(c) Archimedes' work on determining a number value for pi.
(d) Archimedes' work on determining angular measurements.
5. Which of the following was one of Euclid's great theorems?
(a) There exists only infinite and whole numbers.
(b) There exists an finite number of prime numbers.
(c) Prime numbers are more comples than discrete numbers.
(d) There exists an infinite number of prime numbers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was known about pi, during Archimedes' time?
2. What did Archimedes manage to prove using Euclid's ideas?
3. How do we know about Hippocrates proofs and theorems?
4. After working on pi, what did Archimedes continue with in his study of mathematics?
5. What did Euclid do in his 48th proposition?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)