|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Archimedes' Determination of Circular Area.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was known about pi, during Archimedes' time?
(a) That it was never the same number value for a given circle.
(b) That is was the relationship between the diameter and circumference of a circle.
(c) That it could not be assigned a relationship between measurements in a circle.
(d) Nothing, the concept of pi was unknown.
2. Which of the following was NOT one of the basic definitions in Elements?
(a) Straight Line.
(c) Right angles.
3. What did Dunham consider extraordinary about the Elements?
(a) How Hippocrates ordered the book.
(b) How geometric proofs were presented.
(c) The content was totally unique.
(d) The content was not based on previous authors' work.
4. What provided most of the content in the book Elements?
5. What is the name for determining the area of an enclosed space by constructing a square of equivalent area?
(c) Square root.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT one of the things Dunham claimed was ingenious about Euclid's proof of the Pythagorean theorem?
2. What was the bases of Hippocrates's proof ?
3. How did Lindeman prove his conclusion?
4. According to Euclid, when is a triangle a right triangle?
5. Which is a geometric concept that humans have been aware of since the dawn of agriculture?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)