|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Gem from Isaac Newton.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Archimedes born?
2. Which name does NOT belong?
(a) Blaise Pascal.
(b) Renee Descartes.
(c) John Napier.
(d) Francois Viete
3. Which of the following was NOT one of the basic definitions in Elements?
(a) Right angles.
(c) Straight Line.
4. Which shapes as described by Euclid, inspired the Greek philosopher Plato?
(b) Regular polyhedrons.
(c) Spheres and cones.
5. In what time period did mathematicians find a solution to cubic equations?
(a) Thirteenth century.
(b) Fifteen century.
(c) Twentieth century.
(d) Seventeeth century.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the center of mathematical thinking shift to after Italy?
2. Who was Neil's Abel?
3. Which of the following was NOT defined by Euclid?
4. What were the proofs in Elements based on?
5. What did Euclid do in his 48th proposition?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)