|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Extraordinary Sums of Leonhard Euler.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT defined by Euclid?
(a) Nominal numbers.
(b) Odd numbers.
(c) Whole numbers.
(d) Even numbers.
2. Where was Euler born?
3. Which of the following can not be solved using algebra?
(a) Geometric equation.
(c) Quadratic equation.
(d) Quintic equation.
4. What is true about prime numbers?
(a) Prime numbers are not divisible by other numbers.
(b) That for every group of prime numbers, there exists at least one more prime.
(c) Prime numbers can not exist in a finite series.
(d) Prime numbers can never be an odd number.
5. Who was Euler's teacher?
(a) Jakob Bernoulli.
(b) Gottfried Leibniz.
(c) Johann Bernoulli.
(d) Isaac Newton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sum did Euler find for the series?
2. What didn't Euler attempt?
3. What allowed Cardano to justify publishing his book?
4. Who asked Tartaglia for his solution to cubic equations?
5. When was Euler born?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)