|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Extraordinary Sums of Leonhard Euler.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what time period did mathematicians find a solution to cubic equations?
(a) Seventeeth century.
(b) Twentieth century.
(c) Fifteen century.
(d) Thirteenth century.
2. What were the main technique(s) that Euler used to find the sum of the series?
(a) Trigonometry and basic algebra.
(b) Cubic equations.
(c) Quadratic sums,
(d) Calculus methods.
3. Which of the following best describes Cardano's character?
4. What didn't Euler attempt?
(a) A series of sequencially smaller terms.
(b) A series starting with the number 1.
(c) A series where exponents are even.
(d) A series where exponents are odd.
5. When was Euler born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Numbers whose divisor add up to itself, was considered which type of number according to Euclid?
2. Who was del Ferro's student?
3. In general, what did Euclid's number theory describe?
4. Which of the following was one of Euclid's great theorems?
5. Which of the following could NOT be included as a step in Euclid's great theorem?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)