|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Extraordinary Sums of Leonhard Euler.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the title of Cardano's book which contained the solution to the cubic?
(a) Ars Magna.
(d) La Magnifica.
2. Exactly what limit is reached at a quartic equation?
(a) The limit of algebra.
(b) The limit of the Pythagorean Theorem.
(c) The limit of logical geometric proofs.
(d) The limit of the decompressed cubic method.
3. Which of the following is an example of a perfect number?
4. What didn't Euler attempt?
(a) A series starting with the number 1.
(b) A series where exponents are odd.
(c) A series of sequencially smaller terms.
(d) A series where exponents are even.
5. Where was Neil's Abel from?
(b) Great Britian,
Short Answer Questions
1. What name did Euclid give for numbers that could be divided by numbers other than themselves and one?
2. Numbers whose divisor add up to itself, was considered which type of number according to Euclid?
3. What else, besides a solution to cubic equations, was in Cardano's book?
4. What did Euler's sum surprisingly connect?
5. Where did Euler study at the age of 20?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)