|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Extraordinary Sums of Leonhard Euler.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Euler born?
2. Which of the following best describes Cardano's character?
3. Who wrote a treatise that supposed that cubic equations may be impossible to solve?
(a) Niccolo Fontana.
(b) Gerolamo Cardano.
(c) Luca Pacioli.
(d) Scipione del Ferro.
4. Who was Euler's teacher?
(a) Johann Bernoulli.
(b) Gottfried Leibniz.
(c) Jakob Bernoulli.
(d) Isaac Newton.
5. Which of the following can not be solved using algebra?
(a) Quintic equation.
(c) Geometric equation.
(d) Quadratic equation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was del Ferro's student?
2. Where was Neil's Abel from?
3. How many sides did the pentadecagon have, as presented by Euclid?
4. Which of the following were an example of twin primes?
5. Who asked Tartaglia for his solution to cubic equations?
This section contains 137 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)