|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Extraordinary Sums of Leonhard Euler.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In general, what did Euclid's number theory describe?
(a) The relationship of fractions to decimals.
(b) The nature of whole numbers.
(c) The relationship of decimals to integers.
(d) The nature of measuring geometry.
2. Which of the following was true about Cardano, according to Dunham?
(a) He was jailed for heresy.
(b) He was a priest.
(c) He was not a mathematician.
(d) He had three wives.
3. Which of the following best describes Cardano's character?
4. Which of the following was one of Euclid's great theorems?
(a) Prime numbers are more comples than discrete numbers.
(b) There exists an infinite number of prime numbers.
(c) There exists only infinite and whole numbers.
(d) There exists an finite number of prime numbers.
5. Which shapes as described by Euclid, inspired the Greek philosopher Plato?
(a) Regular polyhedrons.
(c) Spheres and cones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is true about prime numbers?
2. What didn't Euler attempt?
3. When was Euler born?
4. Who was Neil's Abel?
5. Which mathematician was first to take the challenge to solve cubic equations?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)