Hippocrates' Quadrature of the Lune
1. Which is a geometric concept that humans have been aware of since the dawn of agriculture?
(c) Metric system.
2. That properties of specific shapes were early Egyptians aware of?
(a) Right triangles.
(b) Pi and the diameter of a circle.
(d) Irregular solids.
3. Who was the first of ancient philosophers to consider why geometric properties existed?
4. What does the Pythagorean Theorem state?
(a) For any right triangle the square of the diagonal side is equal to the sum of the squares of the two legs.
(b) For any triangle the sum of the legs squared is equal to the length of the hypotenuse.
(c) For any right triangle the diagonal side is equal to the sum of the legs.
(d) For any triangle the sqaured sum of the legs is equal to half the hypotenuse.
5. What did the Pythagorean Theorem accomplish for mathematics?
(a) The concept of providing a logical proof.
(b) The ability to measure angles.
(c) The ability to find square roots.
(d) The concept of constructing useful mathematics.
This section contains 5,850 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)