Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 13, The Investigators Have Conclusive Evidence | Part I, Chapter 14, Stick and Carrot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lyama Shepel?
(a) Ginzburg's cell mate.
(b) A cook at the prison.
(c) Ginzburg's family servant.
(d) One of the interrogators.
2. What does Ginzburg's husband advise against her doing?
(a) Defending her initial statements.
(b) Publicly saying goodbye to her children.
(c) Fighting the charges.
(d) Stopping to tell her mother goodbye.
3. Where is Ginzburg put after her initial interrogations?
(a) In a bleak prison with stone walls.
(b) In a cellar.
(c) In a courtyard with tents for shelter.
(d) In a dormitory with other political offenders.
4. How long after her hearing is Ginzburg arrested?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Several months.
(c) Eight days.
(d) One day.
5. What is Ginzburg told in the meeting?
(a) She is expelled from the Communist Party.
(b) She is to be executed.
(c) She is to go work on a communal farm and teach there.
(d) She is exonerated of all but three minor charges.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ginzburg view the hearings against her and others?
2. What is Ginzburg told about her husband?
3. What does Ginzburg call her mother-in-law?
4. What might happen if Ginzburg makes any stops along the way to present herself for the arrest warrant?
5. What does Avodotya Aksyonova advise Ginzburg?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)